It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Phobos, and it was not captured by Mars! Scientists says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

stirling
Its amaqzing how the human mind can span vast distances and hurl planets from their accustomed orbits in the blink of an eye....
Phobos 2, the russian exploratory craft, had some purported photos that seemed to display both a craft rising from mars and aproaching itself in its last few seconds of life.
The lines on the surface beg to be interprated by the eye as artificial....
Its orbit and position in space seems quite anomalous...now it has hollow sections very possibly,(if not, a more uniform bubbly texture like angel food cake i suppose...?)now i wonder if it has any water in it?
In short, the possibilities that phobos is an artificial construct seem higher than zero, yet remote at this time.
Further indications must begin to tip this balance the more anomalies are brought forth,
Hubble is one avenue, there are others to study this rock,it would behoove us to try to lobby for their use , in precisely this endeavour ........
As for me, im already convinced that phobos poses some unique questions,that we are gonna have to be persistent to get answers for....
bumping for later reading

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

ZuluChaka
reply to post by Arken

There is no way an object of this size is going to form hollow. Gravity would always bring the heavier mass to the core.

Hence, the conjecture of the OP post, that it is not natural and that would exclude "forming".

What bothers me about Phobos is the presumed crater at one end. A whack like this should have it still cartwheeling through the Solar System and beyond.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Kandinsky
Do people ever read the sourced article?

We conclude that the interior of Phobos likely contains large voids. When applied to various hypotheses bearing on the origin of Phobos, these results are inconsistent with the proposition that Phobos is a captured asteroid.

'Contains large voids' doesn't mean hollow. They're scientists...if they meant 'hollow' they'd say hollow.

Phobos has been identified as a sort of 'rubble pile' since around the 50s. IIRC it was the Russians who first identified it as such. At the same time, the mythology of a 'spaceship Phobos' was born. It's there in the early UFO lore of the 1950s.

When they dispute one of the theories that Phobos might be a 'captured asteroid,' they aren't suggesting it's an ET manufactured object dragged into position by tugboat alien tech.

As a 'rubble pile,' it could have come into existence by accretion. This means a certain amount of matter in diverse, but small, masses has been drawn together by planetary mechanics and gravity. Its decaying orbit and low mass lend support to the theory. The material could have come from meteorite debris or leftovers from the birth of Mars.

The problem is again, the huge crater. Had it been a rubble pile, a force like this would have turned it into a giant pinata.
I think this "moon" is perhaps one of the most interesting objects that we have come across. Nothing about it makes sense, and to me, that means we are looking at something unique. I love unique.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It reminds me of Red Dwarf from the TV series. If we ever send astronauts to reactivate the craft we could be awakening the equivalent of the hologram Arnold j rimmer.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Probably Darth's retirement rock.....

I used to have a bigger nicer one. Until my stupid Son blew it up.....

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Please excuse my flurry of threads on Phobos. It has been one of my most treasured mysteries, and any posts on it, I want the opportunity to contribute, if I can.

You can add to this:

1) The reveal of the last photos that Phobos1 (Soviet Union) took of Phobos, as a mysterious elongated object approached it before they lost contact with the spacecraft.

2) Phobos2, which survived entry to Mars orbit, to take some very interesting photos of a shadow image on Mars, the size of which are staggering, and moving, as well.

I am not going to delve into the details, because that is where you need to "Google up" to understand that Russia is very serious about these occurrences, and does not ridicule them in scientific circles, but expounds upon them in the search for reasonable explanations.

Popovich's presentation in the press conference in 1991, where she revealed the last images of Phobos1, with an approaching object, and then the complete loss of telemetry, resulting in the loss of Phobos1, and the strange shadows on Mars photographed from Phobos2, have survived mountains of scientific scrutiny, and also acknowledgement from other Russian scientists as well.

I believe that the mainstream of the then, Soviet Union, was perplexed as well with these revelations, much like some of the the same public scrutiny that reveals the dishonesty of not revealing in real time, anomalies in our own space endeavors, which robs the U.S. public from being part of the true investigation. Holy crap, here, the public has a chip to be present at this table, because all of our paychecks are minus what it costs to make it happen.

I take this information seriously, and there is little doubt about the capabilities and technology possessed by the then, Soviet Union. I think we should respect the now, somewhat unified U.S and Russian, quest for the truth as well. (Read between the lines of some of the latest scientific conferences involving the attendance of U.S. and Russian astrophysicists.) When the Governments are not involved, information flows like water, and you just have to take a drink once in a while.

This stuff is what it is really all about. Attack all of it scientifically, do it in the open, and let the chips fall where they may.
edit on 27-2-2014 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

charlyv

ZuluChaka
reply to post by Arken

There is no way an object of this size is going to form hollow. Gravity would always bring the heavier mass to the core.

Hence, the conjecture of the OP post, that it is not natural and that would exclude "forming".

What bothers me about Phobos is the presumed crater at one end. A whack like this should have it still cartwheeling through the Solar System and beyond.

An artificial hollow would most definitely also collapse under the humongous weight of the surrounding mass, unless the hollow was very small in comparison with Phobos' size.

The large crater may have been caused by a slow impact, coupled with of Phobos' low density. Some other moons in the Solar System have a huge crater, but they're not cartwheeling though the Solar System. Their parent planet's gravity is holding them.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The article doesn't say it's a hollow spacecraft though. They're saying it's an accretion of crap that was in orbit around Mars. Because the density was low, it never solidified into a solid body and it's porous with voids.

The fact that it's not a captured asteroid doesn't translate to "spacecraft", it's "formed in situ", to use the phrase from the article.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

1) The reveal of the last photos that Phobos1 (Soviet Union) took of Phobos, as a mysterious elongated object approached it before they lost contact with the spacecraft.
No object. An imaging/data artifact:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The images discussed in the thread can now be found here:
www.planetary.org...

More here:
forgetomori.com...

edit on 3/1/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join