It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Phobos, and it was not captured by Mars! Scientists says

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Iff one moon is having hollow holes then this can be reason,its for living quarters,it can be for drilling mines,it can be to fill it up with explosives and send to earth,one off these,i dont know iff humans on earth ever can raise again or doo we have someone to kill us every time we get to high and make buildings and things on earth so we not se each time,and think its nature or something,a regurarly terror act angaisnt planet earth in case off humans get to eveolved and thret there empires on the nearest planets,have we before got any huge junk off earth send down to planet earth,yes we have.i think theres some history here we dont know,and we not allowed ever to find out,humans can maybee forever have a demon on our back,wee need to make sriptures in caves to tell this so anyone in future can understand that we have maybee serous bad enemy in the nearest planets and maybee they dont like we have chance off getting to their places,i hope this is wrong,they could even make it look like a human fraction that did this so nobody ever knows anything about their identity,thats why nobody ever talsk from these ufos,they make insult to us they dont want us to ever find out,we should really be doing something about this and by this i mean veryvery fast before they make accident on planet in a time where in later history it can be interpetated as natural fenomonen and then they can again do same and again nobody knows off their existence and will never find out,this is total nightmare for mee
reply to post by hoghead cheese

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
we should as one the spot now,remowe most things that can be threat to surface on earth i mean really really fast,first moon over mars then we take the rest we can,take all thats hollow first,easyiest way is to make crash to their own planets also most safe nothing there,it should be litle easy to make them break orbit in the right time so they planet mars pull ti down,iff not doo then stupid and our survival is at a stake.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I suppose the scientists are assuming Phobos is made of stone, so that voids are necessary to bring the overall density down to the observed value.

This brings up the problems of how the voids might have formed, and why none of the voids intersects the surface despite making up 30% of the interior.

I wonder wouldn’t it be simpler just to assume Phobos is made of a lower density material than stone, like ice perhaps?

Phobos is 1.7 times more dense than water ice, so a mixture of water ice and dry ice, with maybe a small amount of stony minerals would explain its density without having to resort to hypothetical internal voids.

As for their orbit around Mars I wish I could read the whole paper because it would be fascinating to read the scientists speculations on where they might have come from if they are not asteroids captured from the asteroid belt. Their color and density is different from the Martian surface and they do look like fairly typical asteroids.

Love the awesome pics though and it should be relatively cheap to get some samples back to Earth using the techniques the soviets used back in 1970 to get lunar samples, since the Martian moons have such low escape velocities.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Super Chubby

We all remember this photo don't we? The Photo captured by cassini of Phobos and a cylindrical ship. If I remember correctly.

Yes. It is an important photograph and deserves attention. It was the last image taken by the Soviet 'Phobos 2' in 1989, before the probe myseriously disappeared. It is almost definitely not a fake.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by winston_jones

a conspiracy is afoot

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by wmd_2008

A void = absence of something, in this case, absence of interior rock and material.

Less dense regions = regions within the material, that are composed of less dense and/or porous material.

Void does NOT equal porous material or honeycomb.

Void means exactly what many of us have been taught since early schooling...HOLES, EMPTY SPACES, ABSENCE OF MATERIAL!!!

For Christ's sake!

Some of you people are so hell bent on maintaining your critique, and bloody minded, you'll argue that black was blue.
I really, really hope that when we learn the truth, ALL of you naysayers will offer a full and PUBLIC apology to all the people who have been POSITIVE pioneers of the truth, as opposed to the majority of you arrogant naysayers, who are defenders of the current dogma.
It's really starting to grate..
One more time, for the overly thick or stubborn...void equals absence of material, NOT light porous material...OK?

Ok YOU have had your LITTLE rant so lets see

From my post this link

www.swisseduc.ch...

Can you please describe what you see, NO LET ME

A rock containing lots of VOIDS (see above LACK OF MATERIAL as you say) So if you look at it from the outside and then weigh it it lighter than you thought due to the "FN" VOIDS in the rock and guess what ITS STILL NOT HOLLOW!

Now why dont you toddle of back to SCHOOL

[edit on 14-7-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

It is not fake. But it isn't a very important photograph.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/14/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It is not fake. But it isn't a very important photograph.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please, stay on topic Sir.

In this thread the question isn't about that pics, but about the statement by skilled scientists on the origin, precise mass determination and the nature of Phobos.
GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS, VOL. 37, L09202, 4 PP., 2010

The argument is: if these huge voids inside Phobos are incoherents whit the "Asteroid captured from the gravitational Mars attraction" Thesis...
Then: how Phobos has arrived in the gravitational field of MARS?

Thanks for your next contribution.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

My goodness. Pardon me for responding to a post in your thread.

Why do you think Phobos "arrived" in the gravitational field of Mars?

It is more likely that it formed there. "Huge" voids? I thought the word used was "large". In any case, the analysis is consistent with Phobos being composed of loosely accreted material.

Happy now?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by tristar

If we had a suicide astronaut corps alot of money could be saved.

I bet there are some highly skilled individuals who would go in for a mission with no guarantee of return, so long as their family is taken care of and whatnot.

*Of course, with robotics advancing at the once that they are; I may never get to see such astronauts.

Say, Have you heard of project M?

Well Phillip K Dick (Science Fiction Writer ) had the Same thoughts !

A Advanced Engineered Synthetic like Clone called a Replicant (Nexus 1-6 )
from the book Do Androids Dream of Sheep to Blade Runner
or how about the Most recent Movie with almost the same Idea The Movie called The Moon

Info of a Replicant
en.wikipedia.org...

Movie Moon
en.wikipedia.org...

in the future could one be made they already made a synthetic cell

www.nytimes.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
www.cnn.com...

Tyrell: [Tyrell explains to Roy why he can't extend his lifespan] The facts of life... to make an alteration in the evolvement of an organic life system is fatal. A coding sequence cannot be revised once it's been established.
Batty: Why not?
Tyrell: Because by the second day of incubation, any cells that have undergone reversion mutation give rise to revertant colonies, like rats leaving a sinking ship; then the ship... sinks.
Batty: What about EMS-3 recombination?
Tyrell: We've already tried it - ethyl, methane, sulfinate as an alkylating agent and potent mutagen; it created a virus so lethal the subject was dead before it even left the table.
Batty: Then a repressor protein, that would block the operating cells.
Tyrell: Wouldn't obstruct replication; but it does give rise to an error in replication, so that the newly formed DNA strand carries with it a mutation - and you've got a virus again... but this, all of this is academic. You were made as well as we could make you.
Batty: But not to last.
Tyrell: The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy. Look at you: you're the Prodigal Son; you're quite a prize!
Batty: I've done... questionable things.
Tyrell: Also extraordinary things; revel in your time.
Batty: Nothing the God of biomechanics wouldn't let you into heaven for.

Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

i Would say that if this was allowed we would have Replicants going to the Moon , Mars , Jupiter, Saturn (titan) and beyond even to Orion (see above quote) in the near future could it be possible ?

what would be stopping this from happening is NeoCons as they prevented Technology from Advancing in the last 1000 years because of their fear
of Conflicting Their Control & Religion & individual Thought
en.wikipedia.org...

Asimo Robot
ASIMOs new artificial intelligence. (ASIMO is learning!)
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A cruise ship or battleship has many large voids in it, but is not totally hollow.

Also where did the 35% hollow estimation come from? Are they assuming the whole structure is made of the same material all the way through?

Didn't the scans show returns similar to metal? If there is a more dense metal structure on the inside this would give it more mass. So if they are assuming Phobos is made of the same material on the inside and its really not, but metal, than maybe the 35% voids number is off on the low side.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Arken

My goodness. Pardon me for responding to a post in your thread.

Why do you think Phobos "arrived" in the gravitational field of Mars?

It is more likely that it formed there. "Huge" voids? I thought the word used was "large". In any case, the analysis is consistent with Phobos being composed of loosely accreted material.

Happy now?

the same reason the moon is here on Earth! i would think

you know the cause of title waves acting like a buffer for life

2 things we need to exist Sun and Moon

what woud happen if the moon was no longer in the Location its in now ?

could Phoebes cause some tidal waves when Mars had water on the Surface at one time ?

Both moons are tidally locked, always presenting the same face towards Mars. Since Phobos orbits Mars faster than the planet itself rotates, tidal forces are slowly but steadily decreasing its orbital radius. At some point in the future, when it approaches Mars closely enough (see Roche limit), Phobos will be broken up by these tidal forces.[11] Several strings of craters on the Martian surface, inclined further from the equator the older they are, suggest that there may have been other small moons that suffered the fate expected of Phobos, and also that the Martian crust as a whole shifted between these events.[12] Deimos, on the other hand, is far enough away that its orbit is being slowly boosted instead[13], as in the case of our own Moon.

en.wikipedia.org...

but on space.com the Poll the majority people that goes on this site believes that the moons are Captured asteroids from the Asteroid Belt

Where did the Mars moons Phobos & Deimos come from?

look at source below ( fantastic picture's also )
www.space.com...

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Capture of PHOBOS and Deimos by protoatmospheric drag
adsabs.harvard.edu...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

it's something that god left behind when he was traveling between earth and mars!

come on think about it the more and more scientists are retracting there old theories and discovering new questions it all points to god(aliens) that created us...anyone that wanna argue let me know!

[edit on 14-7-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by Arken

There is no way an object of this size is going to form hollow. Gravity would always bring the heavier mass to the core.

There does seem to be "some" support for Phobos being un-natural. However, I can think of a lot of ways such a structure can form NATURALLY -- just not as a normal planet would.

It isn't extremely large, and it could be hollowed out by chemical processes -- such as how a Geode forms. We just had an article about a huge cavern of hollowed out crystals -- miles down in the earth.

So gravity is going to generally move a large mass into a ball, but pockets of that mass do NOT have to be 100% compressed -- nor does it stop chemical processes hollowing out an area after it is formed.

>> Anyway, it could have formed over an ice core -- so it might be a captive COMET. I think there are probably dozens of ways that nature can create a large hollow object and we cannot know what we do not know -- so it's interesting, but I don't think all HOLLOW moonlets must conclusively be an alien artifact in the least.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Anybody noticed the bleedin obvious? Compare the craters on Phobos with those on earth or the moon......hmmmm. Looks like Phobos surface is BENT from the collisions as if made of some malleable material like metal!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk
I interpret the findings as meaning that Phobos is not as dense as expected; for me that indicates a honeycomb type interior particularly in light of the assertion of the existence of large cavities. At this stage they are not saying it is hollow.

Could not Phobos be made of pumice like material ejected from catastrophic vulcanism on mars ?

just a thought

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Anybody noticed the bleedin obvious? Compare the craters on Phobos with those on earth or the moon......hmmmm. Looks like Phobos surface is BENT from the collisions as if made of some malleable material like metal!

ill try and narrow down why i think this object is not natural

1. this moon has been flagged for years as out of the normal
by respected scientists who wanted to explore it
2. the satalite that was sent to take a closer look was knocked out of orbit (me i say it was knocked out of orbit i have been following this for years)
MY OPINION
3. the SKIN of this moon shows its made of a metalic or metal like substance (hense the use of the word hollow)
4. the lines around the moon do not have a proper explanation
(i dont buy any theory so far but please try me im open to discusion)
5. buzz aldrins monolith on phobos claims (photos seam strange)
6. the orbital period vs the expected density can only be an estimate
there is something strange about the orbit this object has when you compare its expected density (they thought at first it was solid metalic or metal) but its orbit is inconsistant with this theory

conclusion

why bother with this moon?
because it is strange in ALL aspects including NASA releases
why do we have to have it as hollow (my words)?
because an object of that size and mass would not be captured in the orbit its in in a natural way (the easyest way to account for its orbit is hollow/honeycomb ect) but this still does not explain how it achived its current orbit
what knocked the satalite out of orbit?
there is no proof either way (i beleive the satilite stopped transmitting as it was hit with a projectile)

why bother with this

because everthing we find out about this moon creates even more questions

XPLOdER

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A simple heads up to those who know, could we possibly have audio from that sector ?

...oops, questions such as this should no be asked, especially within a site such as this.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
wait doesn't our moon have large voids?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils
perhaps when mons olympus was still active it had such a violent eruption that it blew volcanic rock into space and solidified into the orbiting moon we know as phobos?

Just food for thought.

I think this is the most likely origin of Phobos,or what ever impacted with Phobos to cause the Stickney crater too most of the moons mass with it and once cooled after impact formed large voids inside.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by modified device]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join