It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Phobos, and it was not captured by Mars! Scientists says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
what I still dont get is how come, if Phobos IS hollow, those asteroids strikes all over its surface didn't punch right through it? I mean you can't say they "dented" it since it's not like hail hitting the roof of a car. Or is it hollow past the point of the depth of those craters? In that case it would only be partially hollow right?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
incredible. we have to send people inside it.

incredible 2nd line.

The cost factor alone with danger factor makes such a task impossible to do. What will and has been planned and achieved on other planets as you have seen is sending drones. Its far more cost effective and the possible exposure to radiation or unknown variables more or less make sending human's on such forward reconnaissance mission's a must for future and current missions.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

If we had a suicide astronaut corps alot of money could be saved.

I bet there are some highly skilled individuals who would go in for a mission with no guarantee of return, so long as their family is taken care of and whatnot.

*Of course, with robotics advancing at the once that they are; I may never get to see such astronauts.

Say, Have you heard of project M?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Uh Oh! Here we go again! Hmmm...So is Phobos an alien space ship?? It probably is according to a White House Advisor!
Here's a thread I found that says so!

Phobos May Be Alien Space Base: White House adviser!!

great link! i read it and i have to say im now am leaning towards "artificial" .

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Yes i have.

The problem with a standing upright drone as obvious as it may be is that it would be gravity dependent, you would also need to factor in the possible dangers of the surface may behold. As everyone has seen with the drones on mars. Since phobos does not have a gravity that would restrict movement its plausible that free non gravity reliant drones are the best bet. Lets not forget the cost factor on a weight scale to launch a drone the size of a an average trash can does come into direct consideration as power to weight and transfer ratio. Power would be supplied from solar sails as the mars rovers are. What we should be told is how many leo's around phobos are in place in order to map its outer and inner terrain to allow 3 dimensional movement of its drones allowing them to enter and leave depending on its power supply and recharge time.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Very intriguing video.
Thanks and star!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I still go with the "Al Qaeda mini-death star" theory.

there is 1 way to see if it is truly hollow...... Nuke it. That way if it explodes into a trillion pieces and releases any gasses or ice inside then NASA can pick it up on their equipment. But also if it is realy a death star then we have nuked the enemy and we wont have to invade mars under false pretences involving Bin Laden and Asteroids of mass destruction.

Has anyone noticed the surge in "hollow, artificial" moons, asteroids and planet theorys lately?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

A void = absence of something, in this case, absence of interior rock and material.

Less dense regions = regions within the material, that are composed of less dense and/or porous material.

Void does NOT equal porous material or honeycomb.

Void means exactly what many of us have been taught since early schooling...HOLES, EMPTY SPACES, ABSENCE OF MATERIAL!!!

For Christ's sake!

Some of you people are so hell bent on maintaining your critique, and bloody minded, you'll argue that black was blue.

I really, really hope that when we learn the truth, ALL of you naysayers will offer a full and PUBLIC apology to all the people who have been POSITIVE pioneers of the truth, as opposed to the majority of you arrogant naysayers, who are defenders of the current dogma.

It's really starting to grate..

One more time, for the overly thick or stubborn...void equals absence of material, NOT light porous material...OK?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by Arken

There is no way an object of this size is going to form hollow. Gravity would always bring the heavier mass to the core.

That's is assuming our theories on how heavenly bodies form are correct.. Remember.. science is only guessing.. they don't really have indisputable facts many times, only theories.

When science pushes theories as fact it becomes a The Cult of the Church of Science and hence a religion.

Now lets say they go there and prove Phobos is hollow.. will you discount your science or agree that these theories were incorrect and only guesses and admit we really didn't know but were only guessing?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Another_Nut

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Uh Oh! Here we go again! Hmmm...So is Phobos an alien space ship?? It probably is according to a White House Advisor!
Here's a thread I found that says so!

Phobos May Be Alien Space Base: White House adviser!!

great link! i read it and i have to say im now am leaning towards "artificial" .

what he said.

c'mooooooooooon NASA *eye roll*

[edit on 13-7-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

More information is needed. What this does is make a good case for a robotic mission to study Phobos as an end in itself. I'm not sure how deep you could survey with a spacecraft mounted ground penetrating radar? That would seem a relatively cheap way to answer some questions.

Yeah. A mission to Phobos is much more interesting now. Though I have to admit there has always been something deeply personal for me with this rubble pile. I can stare at photos of it for hours. If there are voids and they can be made air tight, this would be a prime candidate for a mars-area base. At least worth the quick mission to check it out. The less stuff we'd need to haul to the mars system, the better.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

www.enterprisemission.com...

Rather unusual, huge peaks and troughs on that response from supposedly just rocks. Usually metal will give radar returns like that. It's why they drop 'chaff' or thin metallic strips to clog up radar with planes or missiles.
Hope someone read the OPs bottom URL!

[edit on 13/7/10 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I find it strange that a hollow object, or an object with large voids within could withstand a impact or multiple impacts as suggested by the craters.

For instance, the crater @ 7:00... I would suspect something that large would punch a hole right through a hollow object or obliterate a 'ruble pile'...

Of course, the energy of the impact could have been dispersed to the first layers it hit... But that crater looks so deep... Its still hard to imagine an asteroid didn't punch through the outer layer if it was hollow.

But, who am I to argue with the scientists... I'm sure they have better equipment and training than me... lol

Thanks for the post!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

Ah, you had the same question I had...

Oh well, you know what they say...

Great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by Arken

There is no way an object of this size is going to form hollow. Gravity would always bring the heavier mass to the core.

People think they know what gravity is and isn't - I think it is far from well understood.

There is a theory the earth itself is hollow, and that all large bodies form that way.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
People of the World with calloused feet rejoice. We've found the ultimate source of Pumice!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

Thank you for your opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They specifically say the porosity is 30% +- 5%:

New values for the gravitational parameter (GM = 0.7127 ± 0.0021 × 10−3 km3/s2) and density of Phobos (1876 ± 20 kg/m3) provide meaningful new constraints on the corresponding range of the body's porosity (30% ± 5%), provide a basis for improved interpretation of the internal structure.

That means, at most, 35% of the interior volume is voids. And that certainly doesn't mean that 35% is all in one void. This is not surprising given that it has long been thought that Phobos is a rubble pile.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PPGrocks

I wish i had a £ for every time someone had written what you just wrote.

Who gives a flying *&!* what people think?

The people will think what the MSM tells them to think, just like they have always done.

Personally, i couldn't care less if people think i'm a fully paid up, card carrying, dribbling moron...(which i'm sure there are plenty).

Ridicule is a powerful weapon used regularly by TPTB to keep unorthodox thinkers under the thumb...it holds zero fear for me.

Say what you want, think how you like, and smile inwardly when the brainwashed herd employ a 14 year old's tactic and try to mock you.

As far as i'm concerned the berks can mock off.

[edit on 13/7/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

What with all the talk of a 'secret space programme', and it reputedly being vastly more advanced and superior to the couple of thousand year old technology they put on as a pony show for the masses, or chemical rockets if you like, what makes you think they haven't already been mining the moon (Lunar) for decades?

in the early 2000's, the US discovered MASSIVE quantities of oil in central America, and when i say massive, i MEAN almost unbelievably so...deposits estimated to be larger than ALL of the other producers currently in existence on the planet. Bigger than OPEC, bigger than Russia's, bigger than Canada combined

Billions and billions of barrels worth. Estimated to last the US at present consumption rates, approximately 1000 years.

Thing is...NONE of it is being brought up! With fuel prices rocketing and rising seemingly continuously, why is the US not drilling this vast reserve, on it's own doorstep?

Could it be possible, that there is a monumental conspiracy here?

Could the secret space programme be mining Helium 3 and using it to power America? Have they been secretly generating the nations power using it, and pretending to use oil?

They can charge the people ever increasing amounts of cash for the energy made with the 'dwindling oil', while all the while sitting on massive lakes of the stuff.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join