It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: Alex Jones

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

No hate here I just don't care to listen to a fearmonger.
And as for my guns, I keep them because I am in a militia.
We are the reason why we have our guns.
Alex is a mouthpiece but he has never made a politician consider his mortality.
I guarantee they do consider the militia before they vote though.

(Edit)
Ok just a little for instance.
his recent page showhere
mirrors the corbet report here
He is telling us the same thing corbet already said.
How is that for a prediction! he manipulated corbet into reporting first!
I am glad they both let us know about Leroy James or whatever that basketball guys name is.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Alex is Pro-Militia and Pro Gun.

Why do you oppose him?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I do not oppose him, I oppose the panicked tone he puts forth.
Everything is imminent death if we don't listen to what he has to say.
I do not have a problem with his message as it is what everyone else in the know has already said.
I have a problem with the delivery.
If I can get the same news from the corbet report why go over to alex and hear the panick?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
Alex Jones has woke up alot of people, thats about all the credit im going to give him..

the thing is most people who have been awakened by him seem to realize after listening him for while, that he is a Fear Mongerer who profits off of his sensationalism..

did you ever notice how he tells you not to trust big pharma right before he tries to sell you his colloidal silver.

or how just as he finishes wranting about the collapse of our economy he plays advertiseents for gold investing?

Or how when he spouts off for an hour that TS will HTF soon he immediately launches a commercial for survival training and weapons?

yes he has woken up alot of people, and i thank him for that, but i am also thankful that Most of the people he has touched realize what he is doing and continue thier research elsewhere..Like here on ATS.

I guess if i had to site one instance that opened my eyes about alex jones it was his y2k broadcast....

~meathead

Im a musician but I don't do gigs for free..

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Alex is trying to maintain a dramatis personae to gain attention from new audiences.

He's not preaching to us cos we are already in the zone.

I find turning down the volume and reading the threads on his site, useful.

When an interesting guest comes on (and he does get good guests) turn the volume up...slightly hehe.. he can be LOUD!!! Granted.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Agreed, I have listened to some of his shows but he still bothers me how he runs over the guests, at times I think he is trying to corral them into his point.
But he does have some good guests and when he does i man up a bit and listen.

I have never personally read any of his info.
Just 1 question, is it all in caps?

Sorry, joking but I had to say it.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

If you've got something more important to say than AJ and can say it in a manner that everyone can trust/like/believe WITHOUT generating money to help fund it then you should start your own media operation.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of world you live in, but in this world you have to earn money to pay for: high throughput websites, video production/broadcast, radio broadcast/podcast, staff writers, office space, etc.

So he knows his audience, and sells advertising time to businesses that sell products to the demographic that listens to AJ. Duh. How else you think an operation like that would work, with magical fairy dust?

He either does that or have NPR-like fundraiser telethons for weeks on end.

Alex Jones' operation generates a lot of money, but his operation also spends a lot. He might be making some decent money doing so in the process, but don't you think somebody who works so hard trying to wake people up to the bad plans TPTB have for us should have a little treasure for the effort? Apparently not.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

No, i actualy hate him because hes an ignorant asshole and one of the most un proffesional people i have ever listend too. I also hate him because of the fact he spends a career out of stealing other peoples ideas and research, claiming it to be his astounding investigating journalism all the while he is basicaly stuffing his face with lots of tasty sugar treats at your exspense.

Ever noticed that?, someone who thinks martial law is just round the corner, you would think maybe he would take the time to stay healthy, learn a few useful skills, teach people something important, such as how to survive of the land, how to make a fire or campsite, how to stay in shape. BUT NO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IS BUY SOME SILVER POTIONS THAT FIGHT THE NWO SOMEHOW CAUSE THEY ARE 99.9% WATER .1% SILVER POTIONS OF MAGIC, THATS WHAT YOU BUY OH OK THEN LOL.

Yet there he is, a fatty mcfat fat who will basicaly get pwn in the face as soon empire soldiers show up at his door, oh but wait, he wont, because he actualy works for them.

I remember seeing one of his posters he made concerning who the POWERS AT BE WERE it was kinda lulzy, he even tried to explain it, it went something like this JEWS BILDERBERG ERRRR BANKS BILDERBERG ?????? GOVERNMENT!!!! BUY MY # NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!

LOL

he [snip] fails in so many ways it is unbelievable.

Why not read Manufacturing Consent then compare it to one of his #y "news" articles he basicaly wont even write. Then tell me, do you either A like getting your information from intelligent, logical people who are capable of basic empirical observations or scare mongering media whores who care more about there own fame than any sort of proffesionalism or integrity?

And yes this is a rant, but honestly, do you really want people to go through the last 20 years debunking this [snip] failed attempt to enlighten people?, its laughable in the extreme.

Oh AND DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY MILLIONS HE MAKES [snip], HE IS NO DIFFERENT THAN A CULT LEADER DO YOU NOT REALISE THAT.

OH AND REMEMBER HIS SWINE FLU HYPE? AHAHAHAHAHAH he was worse than FOX trying to convince us all we were all [snip] with mysterious top secret documents he found LOL LOL LOL the guy is a [snip] moron and is killing your susceptible minds with poisen.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Johnze]

Removed several profanities and a personal attack on the membership.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/7/10 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I used to read the articles on his website quite a bit. I don't any longer.

While I do believe there are kernels of truth to quite a bit of what he says, I also think the over the top reporting & demeanor is off putting. Trying to get someone that's never heard of him to listen & take him seriously is rather difficult.

Dr. Horowitz (who has been discussed many times on this site), seems to think he's been compromised.

Silver Sol Fraud

I am not sure whether he has been compromised or not, but tptb are not above murder to get their way no matter how loud someone is.

It is worth contemplating that people that continually fly in the face of TPTB and get away with it, often times are working for the other side.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jenmckin

Look Alex Jones was created by the powers that be. The guy is a religious nut case with close ties to the Council for National Policy founed by the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, head of the Unification Church.

He was created to offer people a FALSE alternative to mainstream media, and employs the very tactics those in power do to convince you off things that are lies. He is a distraction, most counter culture is infact founded by THE culture itself.

Even the slightest amount of time researching him will provide a wealth of information on how corrupt he actualy is.

And basicaly if anyone buys into anything he says, your a fool and a waste of a mind.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 12-7-2010 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Ok I'll take your word at face value.
20 years later and I still am a free man who owns guns.
I won't say there are no problems, but at the very least his delivery is a bit over the top.
His delivery is what I admire about him the most, I absolutely LOVE his delivery.

My favorite parts of the show are when he bursts out and shouts, all loudly passionate and just loses control, screaming, AND THEY WILL OME AND THEY WILL PUT YOU IN THE FEMA CAMP AND THE NWO WILL DEPOPULATE THIS WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

As far a veracity, I love how he is all like, Such and such incident happened, just google it, rofl I bet he has stock in google.

Anyone who relies on one source for their information is the fool, not the source.

Alex has as much of an agenda as anyone else.

Dont we all have agendas?

I know I do.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Yes but his agenda is to manipulate your mind into believing falsehoods. If your cool with that, fair enough each to there own, i personaly do not take well to people taking advantage of other people.

Alex Jones should be put in the Hoax section.

though i do agree with you he does have somewhat high comedic value.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Yes but his agenda is to manipulate your mind into believing falsehoods. If your cool with that, fair enough each to there own, i personaly do not take well to people taking advantage of other people.

Alex Jones should be put in the Hoax section.

though i do agree with you he does have somewhat high comedic value.
Well no one can take advantage of another without their permission imo.

Like I said, if one is using Alex Jones as sole source of information, they deserve to be taken advantage of and are a fool to begin with!

I AM totally cool with that, because I do not waste my time worrying about people that ignorant. If they do not care to educate themselves beyond one source, why should I?

And why should Alex be in HOAX?

Just because you do not believe he is truthful?

Fear monger does not equate to liar.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Well actualy in Alex Jones case, it does. Because thats what he is, a liar.

Well with regards to your stance on society, again each to there own, but you might find it helpful trying to somewhat enlighten people?

Especialy here, there is plenty people in need of it, to be honest the websites motto is kinda off like an oxy moron really.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Alex Jones seems to have all of the problems, but none of the solutions.

He tends to stick in peoples' minds because of his aggressiveness, and he tries hard to instill that anger in his listeners.

Gee, it's almost like he WANTS a violent revolt, which of course would only result in the martial law he so frequently warns us about!

It is not so much Alex's information that I question as his INTENTIONS.

Plus, he pushes gold on us like we can eat it after the dollar collapses.

I smell a rat... A LOUD one.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Alex is a mixed bag for me. I can't stand his loud mouthes tirades. He just gives me a headache. As for the info, yes he does twist it to his liking.

At the end of the day though, we are all working in a system which requires money. He has to make money. I don't fault him for that and I don't knock him for it.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You can see Alex must be a decent guy by the amount of communists that come out screaming against him when one makes a post in favor of him.

Sure he's a sensationalist.

So are 99.9% of the other talk show hosts that put out decent programming.

I'd take Alex's broadcasts any day of the week and twice on Sunday over some other jerk.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

haters are going to hate

the guy just exaggerates because most people on this world are dumb, so he needs to talk in a radio show like he was talking to some ants

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I for one am a fan. Don't believe every word he says, but still he has good guests, good info, and lots of good ideas.

I have one major issue with AJ and that is how he panders to the sponsors. I mean a five minute rant on the Illuminati poisoning the water supply, and then straight to a commercial for berke water filters. C'mon! I know the bills have to be paid but he really hurts his reputation by doing that stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join