It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland objects to EU-Israel data deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well what have we got here.

Irish minister for justice Dermott Ahern has confirmed that Dublin is seeking to block a new European Commission initiative that would allow the free transfer of personal data on EU citizens to Israel.
The minister's statement over the weekend, reported in Israeli daily Haaretz on Monday (12 July), follows recent media reports that Ireland is concerned the data could be misused after eight fake Irish passports were allegedly used by Israel's intelligence agency Mossad in the assassination of Hamas operative Mahmoud al-Mabhouh earlier this year.
As a result, Irish officials last week called for the scrapping of commission plans to declare Israeli data protection standards as being sufficient to allow the transfer of personal data.
Without the formal declaration, the broad transfer of the personal information such as bank and telephone details between the two sides is forbidden.

Linkeuobserver.com...

Well i will say thank you to the Irish for this why would they give Israel data on EU citizens

I don't think the EU can be trusted with are info i just have to wonder what info they have on us and why.
What are your thoughts on this this is the first i new about this.
Mods sorry if in wrong place did not know where else.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yes, Israel wants everyone's personal data, And America wants everyone's Banking data. Then when we discover that the US and Israel are just different departments of a "Super Corporation" that aims to take over and provide for our every needs.

Big Oil, Big Pharma, Monsanto etc etc, slowly it is all uniting into one giant organisation......And rfid chips will be needed for the smooth running of such an Organisation.

There is just a few more moves on the chess board before its check mate......Better wake up !!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well done the Irish, what the hell has European citizen data got to do with any Middle Eastern country,

If they have a person of interest issue there are procedures to gain access to that information if there is a valid case put forward and is accepted,

I think the NWO are now in a serious rush to climax and consolidate their ridiculas dream of total domination of the globe and things are moving at an incredible rate of knots,

One peaceful way to fight back is curb your spending, stop feeding the ego for the next best latest thing! live within your means and start paying your debt of! You'll feel better not having debt hanging over you and once your clear you'll have more money and that inturn will give you more choices! and will kill the beast ,

The two things TPTB and NWO don't want you and I to have are :

Freedom and Choice because they can't control you if you had those, and thos who really believe they are free "Think again" you are not, but you can go a long way to help yourself,

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kushin

Good post thanks it's bad enough the government got a shed load of info on us now the EU and god knows who else

We must be all terrorist suspects or something
and why would they even think of giving info to Israel after they proved they can not be trusted after the passport fiasco

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Go Ireland!!

What I can't figure out is why the notion of transferring personal information to a non EU state is even being considered.

If ever there was an indication that laws were made for the people's obedience and not the political/economic elite...this would be it.

I'm just kind of stunned by this news...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

And the strange thing is if Ireland would not have done this would we ever know about this data deal

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I am very glad that our government said No chance!

Just read this:
""Personal data provided innocently to Israeli officials by Irish citizens was used in forging passports. Other EU countries, particularly the UK, had similar experiences and that is a matter of the gravest concern."

The commission initiative to make the EU declaration on Israeli data protection standards would have gone ahead automatically if no member state had raised an objection by Tuesday's deadline.

But following the Irish objection, national officials will discuss the matter in a committee that deals with the protection of personal data. The Irish government's decision to intervene partially stems from a concern that the country's citizens would not support the go-ahead on data transfers after the recent passport debacle.

Ireland expelled an Israeli diplomat from Dublin last month as punishment for the alleged illegal use of forged Irish passports in the killing of the Hamas arms dealer in a Dubai hotel in January. "

euobserver.com...

As if after that we would happily give our personal information over to Israel! did they really expect noone to object? im surprised more countires havent told them where to go.

and i love the fact that we expelled an israeli diplomat from Dublin " Now get da hell outta here an dont come back ya boy ye or we'll beat the bejasus outta ye!" well thats the image in my head of how he was expelled

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
And the strange thing is if Ireland would not have done this would we ever know about this data deal

That is what currently concerns me...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Thanks for that post i just had a look around to see if i could find anything more on this with no success BBC had nothing at all on this

Like i said thank you Ireland

I did find this what is this WORLD JEWISH CONGRESS

The European Commission's proposal to recognize Israeli data protection standards as appropriate to transfer personal data of Europeans has been blocked by the Irish government. A spokesman for Irish Justice Minister Dermot Ahern said that Ireland could not support the move in the wake of the row of the faking of Irish and other EU passports in the killing of Hamas commander al-Mahbouh, in Dubai in January. In Europe, the hit is widely blamed on Israel’s Mossad.
The spokesman said the Irish government had the “gravest concern” that information supplied to Israel could be used to forge passports for use by intelligence agencies.
Dublin expelled an Israeli diplomat last month. Dubai police have accused Israeli secret service operatives to be behind the killing. However, separate investigations conducted by the Irish police did not find any additional evidence that links Israel to the forged passports of EU member states. Nonetheless, the Irish government maintains that Israel was responsible for them.

Linkwww.worldjewishcongress.org...

Thankyou

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I did find this what is this WORLD JEWISH CONGRESS

www.worldjewishcongress.org...

Just another group looking out for its own, apparently.

On topic, Israel has no need for the data of EU citizens and should not be given it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
yeah even if this was about "terrorism" or some nonsense i dobut even with how people think about Israel that the they have anything to worry about the Irish(them having there own occupiers to deal with)good for Ireland mayby the mossad just wanted that data so they could steal peoples identys and then use said peoples names and identiys as cover(in the form of fake passports etc)

sorry if this dose'nt make sense kinda scatterbrained at the moment but whats peoples opinion of the likelihood of the idf just wanting to commit identity theft

top topics

join