It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello and reply notifications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hello,

I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself, as well as hopefully get some confusion I have cleared up.

I'm Melen, and have been Melen on almost everything since my early BBS days. I've been a network and system engineer for an ISP for over a dozen years now. I'm married, and have 7 kids.

I don't really have a specific single topic of interest, and honestly I approach most things with a skeptical mind. It's not that I'm hoping to disprove every theory I run into, but more that I'm hoping to find information that does stand up to intense questioning.

I am not religious, and as a general rule I don't take things on faith.

As for my question... ATS is ... big! I've only posted replies to a few topics so far, but I wonder how one keeps track of responses to your own replies? Is there a notification system where if someone replies to one of your own replies (in a topic you didn't create yourself) an email gets sent?

If not, what's the easiest way of keeping an eye on topics that you've replied to? I think I would get utterly confused once I've replied to a dozen or so topics, trying to keep track of any replies.

ATS can be a bit overwhelming for us newbies.

Thanks.

-Melen

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
at the top of each page is a tool bar on it is a block "members tools" click that..

under that box a window opens up ,there is found "Public Profile"

click that

now you are looking at your personal page, at the top of that page there are three choices member profile, posts, and threads..

click posts.. that is a list of your most recent 200? or 250 posts...
so far thats the way i have been looking for replies to my posts.. as far as i know the only notification you will recieve is if someone U2U's you, but not for replies to posts..

who knows maybe when they do the revamp they will implement such a feature...

welcome aboard,

~meathead

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hello and welcome, Melen.

For now, the best place to look for replies is in the MyATS page

One never knows what marvels the next refit of ATS2010 will hold.

Stay tuned.

Edit to add what meathead said too.

[edit on 12/7/10 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks for that. It's still a little confusing, but using the myATS page is easier than the several tabs I was keeping open. Still getting the hang of things...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
As a fellow noob I can relate to the feeling of being lost on ATS. I am still learning everyday and enjoying every minute of it. I stay mainly in the UFO and Aliens forums as that it my main interest with the site but I hope to read some of your views there as well. Welcome to ATS and enjoy yourself.

top topics

join