It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Office 'whistleblower' who resigned after speaking out about the war, gives evidence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Carne Ross, a Foreign Office 'whistleblower' who resigned after speaking out about the war, gives evidence to the Chilcot panel

www.guardian.co.uk

During my posting, at no time did HMG assess that Iraq's WMD (or any other capability) posed a threat to the UK or its interests. On the contrary, it was the commonly-held view among the officials dealing with Iraq that any threat had been effectively contained. I remember on several occasions the UK team stating this view in terms during our discussions with the US (who agreed). (At the same time, we would frequently argue, when the US raised the subject, that "regime change" was inadvisable, primarily on the grounds that Iraq would collapse into chaos.)
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: had to change the title for it to make more sense]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by GoodLuckCharm]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
More evidence getting its way out there, I know what many of you will say, no duh! of course they lied! but we need as much evidence, whistleblowers, documents, etc as we can get, so that we may build a better case for our self's as conspiracy theorists. Where do you think this will all end up? I liked this quote too:

"It is striking that in my preparations for this testimony, I found several documents germane to the inquiry whose existence was not revealed by earlier witnesses, including those who authored them. Other documents by certain officials contradicted the testimony they have given at this inquiry and yet these witnesses were not questioned about these contradictions. "

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
How long before this guy's found dead in a field after apparently topping himself. while it's great to collect evidence it's pointless when it will never be used. does anybody think we'll see Blair and co on trial ? i certainly don't. war crimes are only reserved for 3rd world dictators and proper leaders that wont play ball with us. thanks for the post mate

new topics

join