It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISRO Prepares Unmanned Moon Mission For 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I am not up to date with all the current planned moon missions, but stumbled on this and wanted to let the members check it out for themselves..

www.dailynews365.com

July 12 — ISRO is in full swing to prepare for the unmanned moon mission in 2013. The organization today announced that the launch of two more vehicles is due this year and setting up of one more launch pad is in progress. Soon after the successful launch of Cartosat-2B, a remote sensing satellite, ISRO chairman K Radhakrishnan said “In the next three months, we will launch GSLV-F06, which will carry GSAT-5, a communication satellite and PSLV-C16, that will carry ‘Resourcesat2′ a remote sensing satellite.”
He informed that the launch campaign for GSLV-F06 would commence in two days, adding “we expect the launch to take place somewhere during end of September or first week of October”.

More on the future ISRO missions can be found here:

www.isro.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Has there ever been rovers on the moon?

I mean, why not the moon first with rovers, was the moon first or mars with robotic rovers?

the moon should be studied more i think, especially since it's our closest planetary object.

GO INDIA

[edit on 18-7-2010 by quantumdragon]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by quantumdragon

The Soviet Union landed 2 rovers on the Moon; one in 1970 and one in 1973. The US has only landed rovers (unmanned) on Mars. The 6 manned landings on the Moon accomplished far more than unmanned rovers could have. It is unfortunate there have been none of either variety since.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thank you very much for clearing that up for me.

back then they couldn't fit half a lab on a rover thou, like spectrometers, infrared, that sort of stuff. (i'm assuming of course)

top topics

join