It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama economic plan 'backasswards,' Palin says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It really wouldnt take long for the debt to be cleared if we trimmed government spending in half. We could pay of 13 trillion pretty quick as long as there was a plan in place that forced the government to live within its means and to scale itself down forever.

I think we have a moral obligation to pay off the debt, plus making our currency more worthless than it is today would be disastorous.

Hell if the government could be made to act responsibly in economic terms then I would have no problem donating a little money toward paying down the debt.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think banks should be shut down as being illegal, because they are, credit unions are good banks are bad....they are basically loan sharks that instead of shooting your kneecaps, they'll take what ever colatteral you have and keep it for themselves to sell at 300% over what it's worth and entrap another poor soul into the scam!!!!!
I think if banks wer shut down, the country would be a healthier one. Thankfully I am smart enough not to have gotten caught in the credit and mortgage scams the banks run. I own my place outright and pay land rent... yeah it's a mobile home but I am not indebted to the biggest scam this country ever invented. And Obama has shown he is in favor of banks and corporations, who suck the life blood out of this nation!!!! This to me shown time and time again, He will bend over and kiss the Butt of the welathy and he doesn't give a crap about main street or the national deficit at all!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

All of what I was saying would only work under Austrian Economics, unless we have Austrian economics it would NEVER work.

As for the pay cut my meaning for that was under Austrian Economics pretty much everyone could get a job, it might pay less or you might have to switch professions but you will always have a job. Unemployment would be voluntary and since it would be voluntary there would be no need for any extended period of time on unemployment benefits, 3 months should be more than enough time to find a job. And the point of those 3 months is so that you have enough time to find a job that pays well is what you like.

And food, housing and everything else would become realistically priced. The time of printing money would be over as gold would become the new currency, in order for prices to honestly rise there would have to be more gold pumped into the economy. And the only true way to pay finish off our debt is to declare federal bankruptcy as we shift to the gold standard and abandon the dollar. Thus prices would stabilize to their true cost.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by Misoir

It really wouldnt take long for the debt to be cleared if we trimmed government spending in half. We could pay of 13 trillion pretty quick as long as there was a plan in place that forced the government to live within its means and to scale itself down forever.

I think we have a moral obligation to pay off the debt, plus making our currency more worthless than it is today would be disastorous.

Hell if the government could be made to act responsibly in economic terms then I would have no problem donating a little money toward paying down the debt.

You are correct, like I said that was only one solution of many.

Under your proposed plan what we could do is begin tariffs to start paying for or minimal welfare state. Instate a 10% sales tax to pay for our military, and keep all of our other tax rates the same. And we generate about 1.3 trillion in funds each year, it would take about 10 years and our debts would be cleared. Then we could slash all of the taxes except the tariffs and 10% sales tax.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
She is perfect for this time and age where people will blindly follow any idea without thinking for themselves. I doubt there is anything new I could add about how dangerous this woman is to the American way of life, now slowly disintegrating thanks to those like her.

I just know that if I were in charge and wanted to control the masses by confusion and disinformation, I would be counting my lucky stars if I found someone as inflammatory and divisive as she is. Even if she were not as completely brainless as she appears to be, she would still be my perfect tool.

Kharron

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Kharron]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Like I said I am for it if the housing and food prices reached realistic levels, but with banks in charge of those assets and corporations, as well, this will never happen because of their shadyness, greed, and unethical bottom line practices. Funny they use "bottom line" because I'd call them bottom feeders.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

now I am a Liberal Libertarian. And the reason for that is because I am planning on moving to Pennsylvania and they had a lot of assistance, not just government but private as well. I am from Florida and the Red Cross has said do not call them unless something like your house burnt down, because they have no funds. And private places that help with rent and electric bills have closed, no more charity assistance for the past 2 years.

Are you saying your are moving to Pennsylvania because you can get assistance there that you cannot get in Florida?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Lady, I do see you point in regards to predatory lending, but banking as a whole is not bad. We need banks and there is nothing wrong with a bank profiting. It seems to me that the problem with credit is that it is too easy for people to get, and that there are a lot of dumb people in this country who dont read before they sign.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You are right housing prices should continue to slide due to too much supply and not enough demand.

However, food prices if left to go to natural prices might rise, because I beliieve the government has a lot of farm subsidies that keep the price of food lower than it should be.

A lot of the food price increase you have seen over the last few years is due to the increase in oil prices. Fertilizer and pesticides are oil based, shipping products use oil, etc..

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Sarah Palin is a marketing genius.

I agree entirely, how else would an idiot keep making the news?

Now, I loved a good ole' Bushism (who doesn't? ... "we went to a park in BOTSWANA") but the good ole' boy is not the President any more so why would you want another, how shall I say this, cretin in the White House Now, I'm not saying that Obama is doing a great job for the US, he appears weak and somewhat petulant, he is trying to punch above his weight, but come on, Palin?

George W. could be fun but after the example of his term of office why is the US so keen to put this monster in power? She is an ignoramus! A vitriol spewing opportunist of the worst order. That is fine for a private citizen, let her vomit bile, but not as a President, please!

I promise you, if Palin was President, we would really see the destruction of the Western World.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

Actually, in another post in this thread I said that I dont think she would be a very good President. I doubt she will even run, because it would damage her brand and she woudlnt win anyway. BUT she is a mareting genius.

My only real goal I would like to see from Mrs. Palin is that she does something so audacious that it causes MSNBC's ED Shultz to have a stroke on live TV. It shouldnt take much as I can see the veins in his head start to expand daily as the Progressive movement implodes.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ZuluChaka]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

Well, we need credit unions not banks bank practices are unethical...and yes it does have a lot to do with greed or needs on a personal level, too. But I know about sacrifice, I have lived where ever I could I was lucky I had friends who opened their homes to me or I might have had no choice but getting into the mortgage horang... Thank God I was able to stay with someone else when we were down, becuase that gave us the time to save up, and get the money we needed together, however I would have stayed in a tent first before becoming a slave to a bank for a mortgage. Anyway a lot of people don't have many other options, they need a house a roof over their head, and they do it out of necessity, and let's be fair here, if you need to buy a house and there are no other living options for you, then let's be fair and tell it like it is 9 times out of ten that house is going to cost more than your means. This is what happens when banks are in charge of the housing prices, not one house on the market today or in the past is within anybody's means unless you are the banker or the corporate exec. and they only make 5% of the people in this country.

About food pricing I don't think you are correct I seem to recall burning excess crops to drive prices of food up... and something about not being able to grow your own food soon... this is what drives the food pricing up. Also a lot of people who'd grow their own would freely give to neighbors and family, keeping more of them out of the market for food products. This is something both the government does not want and neither do the farmers (Corporate, and governement) because they want to keep making 300% profits off of the hard working citizens of this country.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thank God I was able to stay eith someone else when we were down, becuase that gave us the time to save up, and get the money we needed together, however I would have stayed in a tent first before becoming a slave to a bank for a mortgage.

You are very wise to stay with someone and save money to buy your home. This is how people used to do it back in the day. Bank practices usually arent unethical. Interest is a necessity for both profit and to offset the loans people fail to pay back. As far as fees go and penalties for overdrawing, well they give you paperwork upfront to explain that and if you dont overdraw your account then it realy isnt a problem. Now having said all that I have on occasion over drawn my account and it sucks to get penalized, but it was my own darn fault.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

Yeah, well I learned about banks a long time ago, you'd see that I rather keep my savings in a credit union and if not one is available, then I'd keep it in a fire protected safe in my house, yes I won't get interest out of it, but it's not that great for savings in a bank anyway compared to what they charge in interest if you take a loan or anything from a bank. Thankfully in Florida you can put your money into the credit union as long as you have children in a public school here, you get to use the public school worker's union at sun trust, so that's where I'll be putting my money. And thankfully even when they graduate as long as I have kept money in it, I won't lose that account. I don't know why you think banks are necessary, it's that line of thought that has gotten us here... without the banks, and opening more credit unions, more people would be forced to be responsible...that is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well I dont know how it is where you live, but the Credit Unions here are pretty much the same as the banks so I have a hard time seeing the difference.

At least here:
1. Credit unions charge interest
2. Credit unions charge fees
3. Credit unions have penalties for overdrawing
4. Credit unions require collateral for the same kind of loans as banks.

So how are credit unions different where you live?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I seriously hope taht you are really really joking about Palin 2012. If not you must be some kinda brain-dead savant who's ability is to type while brain-dead!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well I dont know how it is where you live, but the Credit Unions here are pretty much the same as the banks so I have a hard time seeing the difference.

At least here:
1. Credit unions charge interest
: interest rates are lower

2. Credit unions charge fees
: fees are lower

3. Credit unions have penalties for overdrawing
: also lower

4. Credit unions require collateral for the same kind of loans as banks.
: most of the time they are realistic in their charges meaning you probably can actuall afford them

And they never lend to high risk peoples you can't get a loan if you have not proven you are able to pay it back.
editted to add a source quote and source.

Credit unions are non-profit financial cooperatives owned by their members and governed by a board of directors elected by, and from among, those members. Usually there is a common bond among the members, such as belonging to the same organization or living in the same geographical area. Credit unions accept deposits from their members and use them to make short-term loans. Deposits are regarded as purchases of shares, and all earnings of the credit union are paid out as dividends to members
Source

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
hahah Why even waste time talking about the president or any of the programmed candidates, if you raise as much money as it takes to become a possible Pres., you are already a sock puppet.

It's all a game to occupy the utterly void masses. They prop up people for the american people to love or hate. it's sort of like memes having sex, they create the memes then those memes give birth to yet more memes based on lies and illusions. The people merely feed/fuel these illusory memes like "voting", and "president".

hahaha so we had Osama as an enemy, now we have Obama as a friend, it's so blatantly mind numbingly obviously planned to a T, that it's hilarious.

We need to vacate the machine and let it fall into disarray

[edit on 12-7-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sorry it's not Sun Trust but, Suncoast and here is their mission statement:

Suncoast credit union mission statement

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Thanks. I think that is pretty much like here.
I will have to check one out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join