It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama economic plan 'backasswards,' Palin says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

(CNN) – Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has taken to Twitter to slam President Obama's economic policies as "backasswards."

After Obama was in Las Vegas late last week to attend two events for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, the Las Vegas Review Journal published a tough editorial Sunday that faulted Obama's policies on taxes and other economic issues as the White House and Capitol Hill try to turn around the struggling economy.

"President Obama once again left behind a sinking feeling that neither he nor Sen. Reid have a clue how to pull this country out of its current dire economic straits," the paper's editorial said.

In a series of tweets posted Sunday, Palin echoed the editorial's sentiments. "What happens in Vegas shouldn't stay in Vegas;pls circulate this," the former GOP vice presidential hopeful and Tea Party favorite tweeted before dropping a link to the editorial.

"LasVegas RJ editorial recaps Obama lecture 2 Runnin' Rebs: he's got most disconnected, backasswards plan ever imposed on the country we love," Palin said in a tweet that followed, calling Obama's remarks in Vegas were a misguided lecture.

Source: politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-112664

Well, Good ole' Sarah Palin telling like it is Again and Right on Target. No wonder the left FEARS her. Keep telling it like it is. Eventually enough will understand what a joke we have in the white house. Again, one thing for sure, our country would be FAR better off now undre McCain/Palin-End Of Story!

What I think is funny that even CNN is starting to turn on Obama and his posse. Lat week it was his supporting big business base that fled his camp, who's next? I guess the Democratic canidates for 2010. LOL

Go ahead you Obama followers. Keep towing the line. Following your leader off a steep cliff-(and we aren't trying to stop you-bye)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

For whapt it's worth. I work in the financial services/investment industry, and if I wanted to bring down this economy, here are some steps I'd take.
-let the tax cuts expire
-nationalize healthcare with an enormous tax increase associated. (you see, if you make this sixth of our economy unprofitable, you eliminate a lot of upper middle class jobs, thereby increasing dependence on government and creating an excuse for further tax increases (dependence and enslavement).
-increase government controls on the financial sector.
-place onerous taxes on fuel at the consumtion level.
-gain control of internet to monitor unrest, and tax internet commerce.
-force via power of police involvement from the uneducated and untalented in all levels of government and private sectors.

Does any of this sound familiar? My advice.....have at least 6 months food, water, med supplies, dogfood, fuel and weapons on hand as soon as possible. If you can afford it, solar power is a great idea right now. Don't be lost when the time comes.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Boy that woman has a way with words, don't she?
Har har!
Backasswards! har!
What next, "I owe,I owe, it's off to work we go?
That zany Sarah.
I guess stupid statements are considered meaningful by the vapid right. How come she favored the stimulus during the campaign?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Palin loving and food hoarding.

Welcome to the bat# crazy wing of the Republican party.

link   
reply to post by anon72

I wonder what her plan would be.

Yeah Obama is just a massive joke, until lately I had hope in him and the Democrats. I defended them on unemployment extensions which is only necessary because we have a central bank and fiat money. Unemployment should be voluntary, not something that millions of people are forced into because the government has raped us of our jobs.

Obama and the Dems are pure dumbasses! I think the Republicans do a good opposition party, they even voted to put the Audit the FED bill into the final financial reform bill(I think that's correct?). Yeah most of them are sold out and the only true and honest small government politician is Ron Paul. I wouldn't mind having the Republicans take back the Congress.

I recently read the Austrian School of Economics at the Ludwig Von Mises Institute and independent investigation. It made a lot of sense to me, so I think Libertarianism with a minimal welfare state and small tariffs are the best thing for our country.

And the two things I hate most are Neocons and Social Conservatives!!!
And that is exactly what she is, so she can take her campaigns and stick it!

Ron Paul 2012! - Just don't get rid of the welfare state!

[edit on 7/12/2010 by Misoir]

link   
sarah palin is a false choice. she imo is a new world order shill too, disguised as a revolution. in a way, quite a bit like Obama.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'd like to point out some irony, and question if it's intentional to subvert a movement.
Isn't " backasswards" bassackwards?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Sarah Palin is a marketing genius.

Why exactly would you want to keep the welfare state?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The Kernel isn't "on the left" but the only thing that the Kernel fears is if she's as good a shot as Cheney. And the effect of gravity in the future. It would be frightful if she got the nominations for 2012. However the Kernel is sure that this will not come to pass.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

You mean the Republican Corporate welfare state?
Seems obvious doesn't it?
That's what Neocon Sarah is interested in.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I hate Palin, but she's NOT wrong, I have said this myself he is backasswards, no doubt!!!! And people wonder why, 'hey let's pick a black man cause they have proved they can run a countryy". BWAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by Misoir

Sarah Palin is a marketing genius.

Why exactly would you want to keep the welfare state?

I don't give a rats ass what Sarah Palin is good at, if the media likes her so much that's their problem. If people like her so much that's their problem, I'm just sick and tired of hearing and seeing her.

I would like to keep a minimal welfare state, but only at a state level. Guaranteed 3 months unemployment, Social Security, Food stamps and College assistance. That is all I support.

link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

And people wonder why, 'hey let's pick a black man cause they have proved they can run a countryy". BWAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does that mean?
?

link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I agree, maybe its different in Alaska, but she can't even get smart alec remarks right.

I'll go out on a limb and say that it wasn't her brainpower that got her elected. She is no saviour. It'll only be more of the same only worse next go round.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by ZuluChaka

You mean the Republican Corporate welfare state?
Seems obvious doesn't it?
That's what Neocon Sarah is interested in.

Huh? Misoir is the one that wants a welfare state, not Mrs. Palin, so I am not sure what your point is, buy maybe you would be so kind to explain.

If what you are trying to say is that it is wrong for the government to quit handing out money to private business, then that is both a Republican and Democrat problem. They are both guilty of supporting that kind of thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They're setting up for Schwarzenegger/Palin 2012.

Watch it go!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Have we not yet learned what it is like when we elect a celebrity?

So how are things going now?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would like to keep a minimal welfare state, but only at a state level. Guaranteed 3 months unemployment, Social Security, Food stamps and College assistance. That is all I support.

You shouldnt let your hate of Sarah Palin blind you to the genius behind what she has pulled off. I dont think she would make much of a President, but she is obviously a great asset to conservatives because of her ability to market both herself and a sort of homey form of conservative views.

I guess is we limit all of those things to 3 months then I dont really have a problem with it. I guess my question would be, if you only want it for 3 months why not just save up 3 months of expenses and depend on yourself instead of having to suck up to the man.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Did you ever see the countries run by them they're still out in loin cloths running around the jungle!!!!! Anyway, they are not intelligent enough, that's why they make good shills.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Forget that Palin issued this message. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. In this case, she is correct. Our country is so close to total bankruptcy, ANYONE would have to be crazy not to realize it.
People need to stop reacting to WHO issued the message, and pay attention to the message,
If this message came from someone who deals with the economy, you might think differently.
Articles like this are quite common. Do you hold US treasuries? Well, then maybe you SHOULD worry:
www.econlib.org...

Why Default on U.S. Treasuries is Likely

Almost everyone is aware that federal government spending in the United States is scheduled to skyrocket, primarily because of Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. Recent "stimulus" packages have accelerated the process. Only the naively optimistic actually believe that politicians will fully resolve this looming fiscal crisis with some judicious combination of tax hikes and program cuts. Many predict that, instead, the government will inflate its way out of this future bind, using Federal Reserve monetary expansion to fill the shortfall between outlays and receipts. But I believe, in contrast, that it is far more likely that the United States will be driven to an outright default on Treasury securities, openly reneging on the interest due on its formal debt and probably repudiating part of the principal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join