It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Collapse of America.. cause we're stupid.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

this is despicable. this is why we are where we are today. this is how fascistscome to power, they get into a country's education system and dumb down thier populace, scare the s*** outta them and then implement their security measures... aka fascism. these people are so stupid, and id feel more than safe to say, most people are like this anymore. thank god for grandpa!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

That is pretty disgusting.

What gets me is the audience laughter, and clapping.

These people should have been booooooooooed!

Anyone attending the college of the instuctor that was interviewed ought to be asking for a refund, even if her classes don't include history!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
see immigration is GREAT, all these people whose family wasn't here a hundred years ago!! teriffic.. AND ALL those great immigrant children who can't speak "engawrish" so the teachers have to slow down. THEREFORE the americans kids get taught NOTHING!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Civilization itself is simultaneously becoming global and collapsing.
This has never happened before.
Rome collapsed from the inside because it depleted North African graineries and they had no bread for the soldiers.
Your military will not fight if it doesn't get fed.

All knowledge, without love is a separation from being.
Will we co-evolve? Or will we co-destroy?

Supposedly in 2012, this will be asked of the planet, and we individuals will have no choice: it will be to choose peace or perish.

Every social structure which serves the lobbies of the power of the EGO instead of MANKIND is a split, which in the end will restructure itself or crumble. All knowledge without LOVE is a separation from BEING.

THE TRINITY

Dark as well as the light serves only one master who is the creator of all that is and whose goal is to create the superhuman. The final goal of human reincarnation is to create a human being who has all possible positive and negative experiences and therefore is able to develop beyond any judgment into the humanly incarnated image of God. God does not judge. He shines on his creatures like a sun, on the flowers as well as the weeds, on his BEINGS. A human being who has become so incarnated will have lived through the completed range of the cosmic keyboard from the lowest to the highest note.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic anyway...is the point. This should not be the way we judge people. We are, each one of us supposed to have a wonderful, fun, good life. We can't control what others do or know or want to learn, but we can control ourselves. Just "be a good person" at least try, as hackneyed and trite as it sounds.

Somewhere unconsciously, apart from our fears and prejudices.. we know this: All knowledge, without love is a separation from "BEING".
We just keep forgetting.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
All you have to do is ask people for their gadget list and you'll know why American's are stupid.

iPhone / cell phone
iPad / netbook / kindle
iPod / zune / mp3
gaming console / xbox, wii, ps3, ds, psp
DVD players

People can't be bothered with learning when there is so much entertainment to take part in.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well while I agree that America is collapsing because of our own stupidity, I fail to see how this equates to not knowing a bunch of mindless facts which were attempted to be hammered into us from an institution breeding conformity and demanding allegiance.

America is collapsing because of the inability to see how things are currently operating and from a lack of empowerment to feel they can be the spark of change the nation needs.

I'm more concerned about people not knowing that money is debt, the FED RES is a quasi-government, psychopathic-like entity, that government doesn't serve us, that anarchy doesn't mean chaos, that there's an abundance of resources, innovative ideas are suppressed, true leaders are taken out, etc, etc..

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I agree 100% with you. Not knowing what the 4th of july is about is the least of our problems! haha

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
see immigration is GREAT, all these people whose family wasn't here a hundred years ago!! teriffic.. AND ALL those great immigrant children who can't speak "engawrish" so the teachers have to slow down. THEREFORE the americans kids get taught NOTHING!!

I don't usually play the race card, but you sir a freakin racist. My mother is an Immigrant and could answer every single one of those questions. I am the son of an immigrant, I can answer every single one of those questions. My family was not here 100 years ago, so clearly your logic just got blown out of the water. If you were to be standing next to me, I can assure you the teacher would have to slow down so you can keep up, Mr. Great American. Thanks for painting every immigrant with the same brush and showing that racism is still alive and well in America. Oh and by the way...... unless your a Native American Indian, chances are your ancestors were originally immigrant also.

If anything I believe the video shows the slow and progressive way the dumbing down of Americans has occurred. 30 somethings, could not answer the questions. Kids could not answer the questions. However, grab an old man/women and chances are... they know. It seems crazy to me how old people are not revered in American culture. As Americans we simply do not take the time to learn from our old people, like is done in other countries. Here the old are treated more like burdens, to be tossed away in some home some place until they finally pass and we can fight over the estate, if there is any. Even those who enjoy history would rather read about it from a book, than take the time to speak to some older person who was actually there. It's quite sad.

As a kid growing up, some of my favorite times and some of the best advice I ever got came from old people. I used to listen to my friend's grandfather's talk about what life was like for them. Things they went through fighting in World War 2, or the Grandmother's who almost always chimed in to tell about how life was like at home while the men were off fighting in World War 2. Sometimes they would tell me things, and I never understood. It was funny to me how I never forgot those conversations, and it was even funnier that as I grew up some of those things that I could not understand, started to really make sense. There is much to learn from those who came before us, and you can not learn it from a book.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is extremely disturbing to me. I did not realize that the dumbing down had progressed so swiftly!

Please God - Help Our Country!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
what sickens me is americans want to close their eyes to what's going on, because they still believe they're "number one" and tyranny could NEVER EVER happen here. wake up people.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Well while I agree that America is collapsing because of our own stupidity, I fail to see how this equates to not knowing a bunch of mindless facts which were attempted to be hammered into us from an institution breeding conformity and demanding allegiance.

America is collapsing because of the inability to see how things are currently operating and from a lack of empowerment to feel they can be the spark of change the nation needs.

I'm more concerned about people not knowing that money is debt, the FED RES is a quasi-government, psychopathic-like entity, that government doesn't serve us, that anarchy doesn't mean chaos, that there's an abundance of resources, innovative ideas are suppressed, true leaders are taken out, etc, etc..

Talk about attacking the symptoms and ignoring the cause of the disease.....

If people took the time to know where they gained their Independence, they would know tyranny. If people took the time to understand what our Independence was all about, they would understand why we used to have a gold standard and how money become debt. They would understand the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights, why there was a need for it and why we are supposed to hold those documents so dear.

We didn't just one day wake up with a Constitution. It was made, from thin air, for a reason. Once you understand the reasons, you understand why money is debt and what it was meant to be. You understand why the Federal Reserve should cease to exist, and what Government is really supposed to be. How do you know Government is not serving you, if you have no idea what role Government is supposed to play?

If I didn't know history, I would think the Government was fine. There are welfare programs, we now have Healthcare (
sorry I couldnt say that with a straight face), The Department of Education is doing a great job teaching our kids in the Public School System... the Government serves us just swell. Unfortunately I do know history, and because of that history I know that not to be the case.

If you forget where you came from and the road traveled, you forget all the lessons learned along way as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If you want to see the future, watch the movie, Ideocracy.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Brawndo...it's got electrolytes.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is all garbage none of these questions will allow you to make more money on the stock market or cut someone’s hair or fix a car.
The answer to these questions are in no way relevant to today’s society, well some seem to think so anyway.
The most degrading thing about this totally funny video (and I did get a laugh) is that we do have people that are that stupid and have no idea about their countries history or world history at all.
On the brighter side in the local Militias if you were to ask any of these questions to any of the members they could answer with a bit of background information to add.
So, chin up don’t be so bummed America is not that dumb this is just a valuable tool used by the media. We call it propaganda, but yes there is a small bit of the populace that is dumb. In days of old they were called village idiots.
Now for the real question.
How much of Jay’s footage got cut from the film because people could actually answer the questions properly?
Propaganda I say.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

The video posted by the OP made me sad. I can only hope the skit was a product of good editing. To bring the conversation back to Idiocracy, please enjoy

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

No. Being able to say that we gained our independence from England wouldn't explain the why in the least. You've got a point, and I totally agree with you.

What I was talking about is memorizing useless facts as is taught in school without having to find the reason behind any of it. I aced tests with ease, but didn't learn squat until I got my GED and started going to the library and ordering books, and going online for information. The text books are corrupted and the knowledge presented as fact is quite bunk.

As Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Mark Twain) said, "I never let my schooling interfere with my education."

[edit on 12-7-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Stimpy, you idEot !!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is a very good illustration of how public education* is programming people, and how long it has been going on. The kid knows nothing. The parents know nothing or next to it. The grandfather knows everything. Think that's because the parents and kid are stupid? It's because they haven't been taught the information, or if they have, it's been glossed over so they quickly forget it. I'm sure there are other societal factors at work here, but you get my point.

*education - that's really not a good term to use anymore because no one is really learning very much in public schools.

Edit to add: Keep in mind, too, that this is a TV show. I'm sure there were some brainiacs who knew the answers, but they didn't use that footage because it wouldn't make for "good TV".

[edit on 12-7-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
And people look at me funny when I say that I want to get off of this stupid little rock we call Earth......

I am ashamed to be part of the human race.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It amazing how many videos are on youtube of fellow American's being dumbfounded. I don't how they manage to do it but they know how to pick the worst people to ask historic or other educational questions to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join