It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Five Ufology Cases

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
So imagine you're a Lawyer and you had to defend the legitimacy of Ufology....
what top five cases or incidents would you choose?

What top five cases produce the best evidence that could be argued in a court of law and prove most persuasive to a jury?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i'm not sure i could come up with five cases to use in a court of law.

there are many that are very puzzling and resist resolution by rational explanations but at the same time lack any kind of evidence that isn't circumstantial.

for starters, i'd choose the Rendlesham forest incident in late December 1980.

there is good evidence in that case and although much has been challenged with a few likely possibilities but all of them were shown to not be feasible, after all, on an episode of UFO Hunters on the History channel, using scientific means to disprove the theories, such as the light in the forest coming from the nearby lighthouse on the coast which could not have been the source of the light that night because it was shielded on the back side, toward the shore, as is usual for lighthouses in that kind of situation in order to not disturb nearby residents.

i'll have to think on it to come up with any more. in the meantime, maybe someone else will have a good one to borrow.

what would you choose?

[edit on 7/12/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There's a very good thread stickied in this section of the forums already, that might be relevant to this topic -> Compilation: Some of the best UFO Cases (or the Classics)

But more interestingly; I would think that UFO cases that can be argued scientifically would top any legal debate pertaining to the matter of proving the existence of this phenomenon.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Droogie]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

The ones with the most witnesses come to my mind, like mass sightings like the 62 children in Zimbabwe and Shag Harbour cases

Cases like these I find the most interesting.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seventytwo

You may wish to read this thread that was created a few days ago. The topic is very similar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

IRM

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Imagine myself as a lawyer? Please don't make me do that :shk:

Anyways, for me the best UFO cases are those involving pilots (be them civilian or military), involving other military testimonies (Rendlesham Forest Incident) and those cases that have radar tracking as evidence.

Also, like you mentioned, the mass UFO sightings are also the more intriguing cases.

The ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread Directory - for those who haven't seen it

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
There's a very good thread stickied in this section of the forums already, that might be relevant to this topic -> Compilation: Some of the best UFO Cases (or the Classics)
But more interestingly; I would think that UFO cases that can be argued scientifically would top any legal debate pertaining to the matter of proving the existence of this phenomenon.
[edit on 12-7-2010 by Droogie]

Thank Droogie

Which cases could be best scientifically proven?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Real intriguing question seeing there are so many. But some do fall into that gray-area whilst others, are real hard to ignore.

1)
I have to agree with the 62 young Zimbabwe students.
Very hard to fathom why they'd lie let alone, misunderstand their event/encounter as anything else.
www.ufocasebook.com...

2)
Travis Walton would be a great client to defend. Very hard to argue with 5 other witnesses and passing 5 different lie-detector tests.
www.travis-walton.com...

3)
Betty Cash (Vickie and Colby Landrum) is very interesting. Lots of unexplained medical/trace evidence there!
www.rense.com...

4)
Kathie Davis (Intruders)
This was a family event/abduction. Profoundly frightening and fascinating.
www.textfiles.com...

5)
Phoenix Lights.
This would be solely for entertainment purposes.
I would love to 'defend' the 1000+ eye-witnesses (including the governor) just to hear more ludicrous excuses from the military (aka: government) regarding that night!

[edit on 12-7-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Thanks InfaRedMan

I will read all that..
It was my own personal experience that made me believe in the subject but I still grapple with the evidence needed to form facts lost in the thousands of cases and Hoaxes.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

I'm not aware of too many cases that would have much of a chance proving UFO's existence unequivocally, but here are three of the best UFO trace cases up to date per ATS' point of view:

Three Of The Best UFO Trace Cases (New Bob White Evidence Included)

Besides, my personal opinion doesn't really matter, all I can do is to provide sources that has the knowledge and authority to give valid input on the subject. Anyway, if you haven't heard of the cases above, I think you might enjoy reading about them. The Bob White case has also been a part of a UFO Hunters episode which can be found on youtube, this might be hyperlinked in the thread I mentioned.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yes.. there's a case when two military jets were deployed to intercept an object seen on the radar flying at incredible speeds, this is very good evidence, however with theories of Black projects and top secret military aerial vehicles the argument could be rebuffed and a jury would be more than likely persuaded by the latter view in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

i've never heard of the Zimbabwe incident!

i'll have to check that link and educate myself.

(goodie - something new to me!)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
A great five cases, in my opinion, are a little off the beaten track. They represent good cases with supporting evidence like physical traces, eye-witnesses, ATC radar traces and official documentation.

Dechmont Woods, Scotland.

A forestry worker claimed to see a strange craft in the woods. As he approached, two objects he described as being like WWII sea mines appeared and abducted him into the craft. Trace evidence was found of a heavy object and tracks in the soil consistent with his description...

Artist's rendition of the craft.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e5e9e60e150.jpg[/atsimg]

Scene of alleged incident.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f73dea3e5d58.jpg[/atsimg]

Trace evidence of object impressions and tracks.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/417728d81f65.jpg[/atsimg]

Colares, Brazil 1977 UFO flap.

Several weeks of UFO mayhem that resulted in two deaths and lots of evidence. Video, photos, medical records, official reports, military investigation, eye-witness reports and public records. Project Prato was the name of the military investigation.

Military illustration of one reported craft.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d99b08613f52.jpg[/atsimg]

Colonel Hollanda's record of UFO movements over one day.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58aba8e6df44.jpg[/atsimg]

A victim of the alleged UFOs.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5cadcce82cf1.jpg[/atsimg]

Another object.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c20366f3f257.jpg[/atsimg]

The Hudson Valley UFO Flaps.

The Hudson Valley was host to mass sightings of allegedly massive black 'boomerang-shaped' UFOs. These objects periodically flew slowly over the highways. Hynek and Imbrogno investigated and published a book...Night Siege (read here) The evidence involved video, photos, civilian eye-witnesses, military and police witnesses plus radar traces. Oh yeah, there was also an alleged incident involving interference with the Indian Point nuclear facility. The current head of the New York nuclear program is on record as a witness.

Area of incidents.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/047fc5959c49.jpg[/atsimg]

Image of alleged UFO.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/691c4a5a2416.jpg[/atsimg]

The Valentich Disappearance.

A guy goes out flying his plane and reports to ATC that he's being followed by another craft. He complains that it keeps impeding his flight path and causing him to be evasive. In the middle of one transmission the communication ceases and neither he or the plane are seen again. In terms of evidence, there was radar evidence and ATC transcripts. Even Phil Klass stepped in and made the bizarre claim that Valentich was smuggling drugs.

News Report.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87e5225cdd6d.jpg[/atsimg]

Tremonton, Utah, UFO Color Film of July 2, 1952.

Warrant Officer and Navy photographer, Delbert C. Newhouse, films an alleged UFO fleet in the skies over Tremonton. The footage would be investigated by FBI, CIA, Naval Intelligence and other agencies. It was discussed in the Robertson Panel, Condon Report and Project Blue Book.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

thank you for the links and also you reminded me of two others - i couldn't remember Betty Cash's name but i thought of it right away with the first one i listed, and Travis Walton.

Travis Walton's story is truly a very puzzling case and it does have some better evidence than most, with eye-witnesses.

Same for the Cash incident, which has medical records on the supposed radiation sickness they all three suffered to varying degrees.

the Zimbabwe children, well that's just creepy, in a way! i don't think i'm going to put that on my list because even though it is a large witness group, the fact that they were children might not impress the bench/jury as being reliable testimony due to the children's natural tendency to imagine - this is not my opinion but my anticipation of the court's decision - and also the influence of their cultural boogie-man that might have been interwoven with the kid's memories/impression of the event.

so i have 3 so far:
1. Rendlesham Forest
2. Cash Road Incident
3. Walton Abduction

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Don't leave out the Allagash. One of my favourites.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I lived in Pine Bush during the Hudson Valley flap. And although I didn't witness this incredible sight on the Taconic parkway they 'explained' it away. It was a bunch of ultralight aircrafts out flying in formation.......all night long and for no reason!

Plus, there's really no 'trace' evidence. Just photos and witnesses. I'm afraid the judge will throw out the case (although I'd appeal that decision).

Look what 'they' did to the Phoenix Lights incident.
You mean to tell me over a thousand people in 1997 mistook that (those) object(s) as flares (which was denied at first)? And they were dropping them for four hours? Up and down the valley? Over a populated city? And their own Governor witnessed this?

It's a tough crowd out there and the Sheeple are brainwashed if not brain-dead.

Ugh!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
the Zimbabwe children, well that's just creepy, in a way! i don't think i'm going to put that on my list because even though it is a large witness group, the fact that they were children might not impress the bench/jury as being reliable testimony due to the children's natural tendency to imagine - this is not my opinion but my anticipation of the court's decision - and also the influence of their cultural boogie-man that might have been interwoven with the kid's memories/impression of the event.

You're welcome m'friend.

Hmmm, I have a totally different impression regarding the group of children (obviously).
Did you see their interview video?

They seem extremely sincere and don't give me the impression they were brought up with any kind of voo-doo boogie man knowledge.
Here, take a listen and reconsider if you will.

Peace~

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Don't leave out the Allagash. One of my favourites.

Although I totally believe something happened with these guys, the fact that the one twin went out on the media circuit (and the other 3 refused) struck me as, strange.

It's been said the other 3 just assumed never to discuss that night again (I can identify with that) but the twin who did go public, really made up for them and even appeared on the Phil Donahue show (I think. Maybe Sally Jesse?)

What I loved about that story was the camp fire.
I mean who would even think to make up that little 'fact'?
(they claim to take the boat out while the fire was roaring, only to return to embers thus: a few hours of missing time)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Whatever those kids thought they saw, there's no doubt in my mind of their sincerity. You should check out Cynthia Hind's research of the case. She's the only reputable researcher to have interviewed all those involved...here. One of her reports covers the incident...Afrinews (pdf).

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

What you would need is five cases that have other evidence than eyewitness to try and prove the case for extraterrestrials. Here are five I can think of:

1. Betty and Barney Hill: Physical evidence left on Betty's dress of an organic pink substance (unknown), radar confirmation of an unknown object in the area at the time by Pease AFB, and the Star Map for starters. Playing the tapes of the hypnotic regression would also help as it shows the real fear the Hills experienced.

2. Washington DC's Summer of Saucers (1952): radar confirmations, films and photographs along with multiple eyewitness accounts in this one.

3. Multiple cases involving unknown objects and nuclear missile bases: As I have noted other times, Mr Robert Hastings has amassed a huge collection of documents from the military which state physical interaction of the objects and missile silos.

4. Flatwoods Monster Case (Braxton County WV 1952): Multiple witnesses and physical evidence including tracks left by the creature and an oily unknown substance that was collected and sent to the government. Also, most of the members of the party became physically ill after breathing in a strong pungent odor from the object.

5. Lonnie Zamora NM: This case has popped up recently as someone is claiming it was a hoax perpetrated on then Officer Zamora. The interesting thing along with the physical evidence is that an FBI agent, USAF agents and Dr J Allen Hynek were at the scene and ruled out a hoax at the time. We all know that the Air Force wants all these cases to be labeled as solved, and they would of jumped on the hoaxing bandwagon a long time ago.

These are five cases involving physical evidence from the top of my head.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join