It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the schools out in your country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I just wanted to ask if the schools are shut now for the summer period? there is so much tripe on ATS at the moment, not so much the threads but the posts, there seems to be a more childish approach to replies than normal, is it that time again where you are?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes, but it's winter here in the Southern Hemisphere, I haven't really noticed alot of childish posts or reply, well none that can be blamed on school kids.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Hi,

Schools here in Berlin closed for the summer vacation on 7th July.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Perhaps the summer heat is just agitating those who have nothing else to do but hang around on ATS all day and post childish topics

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave
Hi,

Schools here in Berlin closed for the summer vacation on 7th July.

Peace!

I strongly doubt that a lot of german children know about ATS, besides i guess with the recent weather most of them rather spend their time in waterparks.

I think most people overestimate ATS, it's not as well known as some people think. Even a lot of people who are interested in conspiracy theories or political talk haven't heard of this site.

If kids troll around, they target more mainstream websites, not something obscure.

Besides, stupid crap get posted here all the time. Just take a look at the vegetarians and their propaganda or the religion freaks. I don't think they're children.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steal7h
Yes, but it's winter here in the Southern Hemisphere, I haven't really noticed alot of childish posts or reply, well none that can be blamed on school kids.

I had a feeling it was, let me explain.

I was posting on the UFO forum this afternoon and I was suprised at some of the retorts, they had a distinct chilish tone of meaning to them and I thought to myself ah. Also you will see that the same groups of members will hang around and troll. I am not talking about experienced members either

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Hi Shadow Angel85,

Simply replying to the question posed.

I agree though that younger kids here aren't likely to be posting on ATS and having 'enjoyed' temperatures in the 30's to high 30's for the last week or so, they are more likely to be in the local lakes, swimming pools or are actually abroad.

That said, maybe the high temperatures elsewhere are making people irritable - discomfort from the heat and sleepless nights.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of new members recently (im pretty new) so perhaps what you think are kids posting are, in fact, new members who have yet to learn about the nuances of ATS?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This isn’t unusual. Every summer more people come on ATS, some from high school some from college. But you can tell the difference on ATS in the summer compared to winter months, like november. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
No not yet.

Next wednesday they are.

However, I already am because I completed my GCSES - we finished early.

So...the worst is yet to come ^^

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
School has been out here for about 3 weeks, I don't think they are posting on ATS, too many riding their bikes, playing ball and swimming. Sure they are playing videos games too.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As someone who Played online games for many years i can tell you that what you are seeing here is mild for summer months..if you are an adult and play MMORPG's you will definately notice the maturity level plummet during the summer vaction weeks.

Also i have caught myself being a tad more snippy lately and even removed one of my own posts today after i reread it and realized how impolite i was being.. In my case i am attributing it to the heat wave and not my own social shortcomings

~meathead

top topics

join