It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worlds most barbaric punishments!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by ReeVeeR
reply to post by munkey66

I'm not having a bash at them. The thing that disgusts me is that these punishments are given for stupid things... like looking at a man the wrong way, the woman gets beaten to within an inch of her life, for pinching fruit he got his hands and feet cut off, and the woman who left the house without a man to accompany her was nearly stoned to death.

It is just barbaric.

What makes this world so diverse is not only the people but the different cultures and the way they live.
You may find it offensive to cut off a hand, those who you judge may take greater offence at you eating a pork chop.

To disrespect our parents by putting them in nursing homes may be far more offensive than stoning an adulteress.

different cultures have different values and it is the judgement of those values which has had a war going for the last 8 years

You are comparing apples and oranges. The things that are being discussed in this thread do seem to come out of specific cultures. Deal with it. In this world there is no place for abuse of humans in any capacity, including under the so called, calm reflective manner of legal bodies and courts, ie. this is not being done in the heat of the moment like most crimes, this is ruthless, and barabaric, and I affirm with all my heart mind and soul that the LIGHT WILL DEFEAT THE DARKNESS AND WOLVES, THAT THIS EVIL ABUSE BY NEGATIVES AND BLOODLINES WILL FOREVER CEASE, THAT THESE VAMIRES WHO POUR THIS AGONY AND PAIN INTO THE LEYLINES OF THE EARTH AND FEED OFF IT WILL END NOW AND FOREVER. ITS OVER!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Every single citizen, man woman and child in this world is equal and no one should ever retaliate violently against anyone, ever. The response to crimes is healing. Sorry, this is life and progressing.

Those countries with the most regressive systems and barbaric punsihments happen to have some pretty intense mysteries and secretes hidden underground, in many cases beneath the sands. Think what likes a desert. But their good buddies are running the UK/US right now as we speak. So, its really not about the people, its about the bloodlines, and who they really are. Its one of the reasons we went into Afghanistan, it accomplished alot of their agendas. But the timing was done because there was some digging taking place in the sand. And what was being brought out to the world, was only the tip of the iceburg and they werent allowing it out.

The mice arent supposed to know that the serpents are loose and ruling over them too, now are they?

This is said in complete seriousness.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
These muslim punishments pale compared to what the CIA does to "suspected" terrorists.
We have lost any high moral ground we may have once claimed in America.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krzyzmo
One of the many tortures in use today by our government is repeated waterboarding, vaccines that slow skill, & chemicals in our water to wash down the genitically modified food we eat.

dont forget importing the drugs that are sold to you
and then your imprisoned for taking them

biological weponds released for vacine profit

the mind rape of continious war on terror and false flags

XPLdER

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
These muslim punishments pale compared to what the CIA does to "suspected" terrorists.
We have lost any high moral ground we may have once claimed in America.

obama is allowing the asasination of americans under national security
its one thing to go asulting people of another country
but your own?

no person is free while pre-emtive war is aloud

quick they may hurt us kill them first

freedom from persucution is a human right

i dont agree with the punishment any country hands out unless its by a jury of their peers

but if its lets level their country because they cut off hands
or WMDs like iraq then your being manipulated into war on a difference of delivery of justice

does the american justice system work well for all?
or just the rich and corrupt?

XPLdER

[edit on 12-7-2010 by XPLodER]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So do we want to focus on the punishment that we pass down upon breakers of the law, laws that are meant to protect us? Why are we fixated on the welfare of prisoners instead of the heinous acts that they themselves committed? Rape and murder of children, rape and murder of adults, genocide, shall I continue? We lose track of that which is truly most important and that is the victim because they above all deserve justice, they above all deserved mercy... mercy that was not granted in the hands of their executioner.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by brutalsun]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
please make sure evry post matters.

Big poo poo little anus

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
So do we want to focus on the punishment that we pass down upon breakers of the law, laws that are meant to protect us? Why are we fixated on the welfare of prisoners instead of the heinous acts that they themselves committed? Rape and murder of children, rape and murder of adults, genocide, shall I continue? We lose track of that which is truly most important and that is the victim because they above all deserve justice, they above all deserved mercy... mercy that was not granted in the hands of their executioner.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by brutalsun]

correct answer star and flag
when you have a jury of peers then the culture speeks to the need for real justice not a comand control of population through edicts

mercy is the only answer most would favour if they themselves handed out punishment

because its nameless and faceless mercy is not what we get

XPLdER

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
Aww, they left out my personal favorite, the Angel of Death.

Thats where they make two long incisions along the middle of your back, and then pull your lungs out so they look like a set of wings.

Actually there is a new theory I read that it was not the lungs that were pulled out but the scapulas instead that were sliced free closest to the spine and then up-ended to make them look like wings (shudder).

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

How barbaric. Will humanity ever grow the fraq up?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The worlds most barbaric punishment?
i say it again...really big poo poo very little anus

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Gloster]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

obama is allowing the asasination of americans under national security
its one thing to go asulting people of another country but your own?
no person is free while pre-emtive war is aloud
quick they may hurt us kill them first
freedom from persucution is a human right
i dont agree with the punishment any country hands out unless its by a jury of their peers
but if its lets level their country because they cut off hands or WMDs like iraq then your being manipulated into war on a difference of delivery of justice
does the american justice system work well for all?
or just the rich and corrupt?

Obama is allowing the assassination of Americans under National Security.
It's one thing to go assaulting people of another country, but your own?

No person is free while preemptive war is allowed. "Quick, they may hurt us, kill them first!"

Freedom from persecution is a human right.
I don't agree with the punishment any country hands out, unless it's by a jury of their peers.

But, if it's, "let's level their country because they cut off hands," or "WMDs" like Iraq, then you're being manipulated into war on a difference of delivery of justice.

Does the American justice system work well for all?
Or just the rich and corrupt?

FIXED

xploder, I think you seriously need a translator, because before I corrected your hideous array of grammatical and syntactical errors, I couldn't make sense of your convoluted ramblings. People would probably understand what you say if you bothered to type like a human, and not like an ape pounding away at a keyboard. Your comment looked like nonsensical gibberish at first, but once I translated it, I saw your intended point. I think if you actually make an effort at using correct English, people might understand what you're trying to say.

Sorry, rant over. Sorry.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by funkmob_starchild]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Honestly, I kind of always appreciated their "eye for an eye" practices.
It just somehow makes sense.

Like that guy stalking the girl and poured acid all over her? So they blinded him with acid. That works for me.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Honestly, I kind of always appreciated their "eye for an eye" practices.
It just somehow makes sense.

Like that guy stalking the girl and poured acid all over her? So they blinded him with acid. That works for me.

Me too. Why should he get to enjoy what he stole from her? To me, that's justice. He should have to experience that pain and suffering he caused the innocent woman.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am sorry, but I dont think many American people can say anything here.

Taking a life, should not = taking another life
Here in the UK, you kill a person, you go to jail for the rest of your life (not always)

Thing is
In both the UK and the USA, people are still being murdered
so does the "death penalty" work ? i dont think it does.

hanging, gassed, beheaded, injected with poison, stoned to death....all the same to this Scotsman im afraid

Just my opinions

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
For folks who say that cruelty is what we do to prisoner when they're executed, please look up the details of the crimes committed.

Punishment is done as both a deterrent and retribution. It deters people by showing an example of what happens to people who break the law and then retribution by taking away any possible upside to the original crime.

As long as people break the law, these things will be necessary.

I don't even care about the law-breaking part. I care about justice and doing the right thing. That sometimes includes doing things that you may not like or even agree with, but it definitely is the right thing to do.

Until someone comes up with a better system, I'll support the one we have here in the US. I feel that we're a little TOO lenient on criminals.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

in some cases maybe.
but here in the UK, we dont do "kill for kill"
we dont understand it, we cant get our heads round it.

Same as I cant get my head round that poor woman who going to be stoned to death, and the millions who have been before, same as the people that get beheaded.
Chopping hands off ?

Dont get it.

Here in the uk, we are FARILY gun free, and in fairness, whenever something BIG happens in the UK (IE: The other day) the police usualy catch people.

I think the uk works

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
How are you equating conscious amputation without anesthetic to a kill shot from a rifle?

Are you for real?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
How are you equating conscious amputation without anesthetic to a kill shot from a rifle?

Are you for real?

Who you quoting here ?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
none of these punishments are unusual as they have been going on for thousands of years. they are even justified in the bible. most come from hammurabi's code of law created ca. 1790 BCE. the modern methods (gas chamber, electric chair, lethal injection) are truly the unusual kind just based on time and number of times they have been used.

now, as for barbaric, well that is opinion based. some think the killing of animals for food is barbaric (vegetarians), while others think that the killing of any living thing, including plants, to be barbaric (jains).

let the facts speak for themselves is what i say. capital punishment is not a deterent for crime, the stats prove that. capital punishment costs more money than a lifetime in prison. capital punishment is more for the victims than the criminal, as the criminal is dead and cannot learn, but the victim receives a form of vengence.

as for my opinion, i really dont care if capital punishment is law or not. i just say that if your going to kill the person, then do it as fast as possible. beheading, drug overdose, shooting, or electric chair. suffication like the gas chamber or hanging takes to long and inflicts too much pain. i guess im just a get to the point kinda guy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join