It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'End Times': When Animals Attack!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Man Tries to Take Photo of Beaver; It Kills Him

Forget sharks: It's beavers that are truly terrifying. A fisherman in Belarus was bitten to death by one, and all he was doing was trying to take its picture, Sky News reports. The man spotted the beaver while fishing with friends at Lake Shestakov, but as he approached to take a photograph, the beaver bit him on the thigh. The animal managed to sever an artery, and his friends couldn't stop the blood flow.

I read this and admittedly I laughed. I thought it was a joke. The ‘Welcome to Canada’ You Tube beaver came to mind.

Then I saw the man’s video.

The video, though it shows no blood or gore - to me at least - is disturbing.

I’m not laughing anymore.

How horrific.

peace
edit on 12-4-2013 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yep. The look cute and cuddly, until you look at their teeth. They're very territorial if they have family around, and very much a wild animal.

I knew a guy in Saskatchewan that went running over to one, one night when he was really drunk. He wanted to pet it

He ended up in the hospital. It got him on the inside of his thigh.
It turned into something that we got to sit around and laugh about, because he survived, and learned to not try to pet wild animals.
I had a creek going through my yard that they often rerouted. At one time, they even turned it into a beautiful lake area, and ducks moved in. The rural township people had to come in now and again to make changes to the beaver's work, so that the creek would flow again and not flood out the neighbour.
I even had a short waterfall for a while.

When we live with wild animals in our areas, we need to remember that they're wild and respect their space. If they know that we're not a threat, they feel comfortable enough around us to not attack.

In that 10 acre spot, I had deer, beavers, ducks, wild rabbits, until the foxes got them, and then a coyote got the fox, a porcupine, and a skunk that one of the neighbours wanted to shoot. I didn't let him shoot the skunk, he was harmless. There was a wolf seen a couple of times, and I was warned once to be on the lookout for a cougar.
You need to know your surroundings at all times.

I lived at the area where the forest meets the farmland.
I also had a fenced area for the dogs so they didn't get into trouble.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
How cool is this! I's my own thread I forgot about!

'Like Being Struck by Lightning': Black Bears Kill 2 in 2 Days

Statistics show it's incredibly rare for black bears to kill humans in Alaska—just six such deaths had been recorded since 1880—which makes the news that two fatal black-bear maulings happened over two days there strikingly unusual. The death of 16-year-old Patrick Cooper on Sunday during a trail race was followed on Monday by the killing of a Pogo Mine contractor. The Pogo underground gold mine sits about 300 miles northeast of Anchorage; the Daily News-Miner reports that contract workers were collecting geological samples some distance from camp when the attack occurred. A second worker suffered non-life-threatening injuries and the bear was reportedly shot dead. "Right now we have more questions than answers," says the mine's general manager.

peace

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I suspect that given our present course, the whole ecosystem will turn against humanity. It will get very bad before it gets any better. It's a situation that not only humanity will not "win," we can't.
edit on 7-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Double
edit on 7-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Yeah, I don't know why this is in Skunk Works - pretty obviouse we're on a huge incline of atacks.

Startling Video Shows a Big Bear Charging at a Car

Cody Kunau, the fishing guide for Yakutat Lodge who captured the footage, wrote in the video’s description that they turned the car around to see if there were bear cubs or food sources nearby that could have made the bear so agitated, but they couldn’t see anything from the road.

After the incident they drove to the lodge, which was nearby, to warn others about the bear. They also witnessed the bear chase another car on the road.

That's some scary stuff...

Whoa!

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Hahaha - Love this thread - Tinfoil hat time or not - it's a kicker.

Time to resurrect it with this one! Which is actually incredible sad.

Feral hogs in Texas attacked and killed a woman outside a home

A Texas woman was found dead after pre-dawn attack by a group of feral hogs outside a home, the Chambers County sheriff said.
Christine Rollins, a 59-year old caregiver to an elderly couple in Anahuac, failed to show up at her normal time on Sunday, the sheriff's office said. The 84-year-old homeowner found her lying in the front yard between her car and the house.
How incredible horrible. I raise pigs/hogs. I've slipped in the pen and even 'friendly hogs' will jump ya in a heartbeat.

RIP to the 84 year old. I hope she had a heart attack before succumbing to being pig meal.

edit on 5409Tuesday201913 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I think it was the 59 year old caregiver that was eaten.

That seems really out of character for feral pigs though ... I will say that, in line with the general thesis of your thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You thought so too?

I heard she was 84 - which for some reason makes it even more tragic - not quite sure why other than at that age I'm thinking 'Grandma'...

And yes, my pigs will 'attack' if you slip and fall in their pen - but - wild hogs? It's just not in them to be so out in the open 'social' (if you will) around people... Though with the feral pig problem on the rise (especially what, in Texas) maybe they're overcoming their 'shyness'... ?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yeah, I mean, pigs are omnivores and will eat anything that doesn’t eat them ... but ... attacking a human as a pack is ... out of the ordinary at least.

The info I’m going on is in your quote: Christine was the caregiver and was eaten. The 84 year old found her. Eek.

I have a pet pig (notice I did not say mini because he didn’t stay that way) and he’s a sweet guy but surly when you mess with him. He does love food and will destroy stuff to get at it ... but I can’t imagine this.

Yeah, that’s not a good situation, whatever the cause. Not a good way to go.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This thread reminded me of the show ZOO where all the animals go wild and massively attack humans. Good show.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join