'End Times': When Animals Attack!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Man Tries to Take Photo of Beaver; It Kills Him

Forget sharks: It's beavers that are truly terrifying. A fisherman in Belarus was bitten to death by one, and all he was doing was trying to take its picture, Sky News reports. The man spotted the beaver while fishing with friends at Lake Shestakov, but as he approached to take a photograph, the beaver bit him on the thigh. The animal managed to sever an artery, and his friends couldn't stop the blood flow.

I read this and admittedly I laughed. I thought it was a joke. The ‘Welcome to Canada’ You Tube beaver came to mind.

Then I saw the man’s video.

The video, though it shows no blood or gore - to me at least - is disturbing.

I’m not laughing anymore.

How horrific.

peace
edit on 12-4-2013 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yep. The look cute and cuddly, until you look at their teeth. They're very territorial if they have family around, and very much a wild animal.

I knew a guy in Saskatchewan that went running over to one, one night when he was really drunk. He wanted to pet it

He ended up in the hospital. It got him on the inside of his thigh.
It turned into something that we got to sit around and laugh about, because he survived, and learned to not try to pet wild animals.
I had a creek going through my yard that they often rerouted. At one time, they even turned it into a beautiful lake area, and ducks moved in. The rural township people had to come in now and again to make changes to the beaver's work, so that the creek would flow again and not flood out the neighbour.
I even had a short waterfall for a while.

When we live with wild animals in our areas, we need to remember that they're wild and respect their space. If they know that we're not a threat, they feel comfortable enough around us to not attack.

In that 10 acre spot, I had deer, beavers, ducks, wild rabbits, until the foxes got them, and then a coyote got the fox, a porcupine, and a skunk that one of the neighbours wanted to shoot. I didn't let him shoot the skunk, he was harmless. There was a wolf seen a couple of times, and I was warned once to be on the lookout for a cougar.
You need to know your surroundings at all times.

I lived at the area where the forest meets the farmland.
I also had a fenced area for the dogs so they didn't get into trouble.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join