It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy & Predictions Hall of Fame / Hall of Shame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hi all, this my first thread and possibly a bit controversial.

I am a long time lurker on these boards and regularly use ATS to get the real picture of what’s going on in the world outside my little bubble. This relies on credibility and integrity, not always easy bed fellows in a conspiracy forum. But some members have put forward stuff that never occurred to me and have really opened my eyes.

However, I (like a number of other contributors who have mentioned this) have noticed an increase in alarmist threads which tend to exaggerate minor situations. I’m talking about those pointless and seemingly never ending prophecies and predictions of doom and gloom.

Amongst the chicken licken brigade (Brit’s of a certain age will know what I mean) there are some members who use facts and logical deductions to make realistic forecasts / predictions which sound plausible. By contrast, several posters have jumped on, for example, the timewave zero bandwagon and turned it into a divining tool.

If I have learn't anything since the ‘alleged’ terror attacks of 9/11 and 7/7 it’s that things are not always what they appear to be. We all need to be mindful and if possible, forewarned. That means not running for your tin hat just because stellar objects happen to line up with a certain point in space or some software algorithm keeps returning the value 7 (or whatever).

However, I do want to be in a position to react when I see the signs - way before the faeces hits the rotational device and that’s where the predictions come in but they need to be credible.

To this end I’m putting this out there to provide people with the opportunity to create a prophecy and prediction hall of fame / hall of shame. Any posters who you feel have presented reliable predictions / prophecies that have some value go to the hall of fame – they get the credit they deserve.

The alarmist, nut jobs and fakers can be consigned to the other area. I should point out that it would be possible to appear in both halls since predictions are inherently fickle but I’d like to give a go. Could this work? Any takers?

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Part of the problem is the methodology people are using.
I made the post on the attached link to analyse one recent prediction;

Reasons to believe in "Disclosure"

[edit on 12-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Good point Disraeli,
you've highlighted a typical problem but in my view jazz10 would be in the Hall of shame, despite the contrived methodology the dots don't connect.

In my view Authorities would use a really bad event to announce a not so bad event - e.g major rail crash - many dead oh by the way tax increase of 2% announced. That sort of thing.

I'd like to get some other views on this

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by se25watcher

The alarmist, nut jobs and fakers can be consigned to the other area. I should point out that it would be possible to appear in both halls since predictions are inherently fickle but I’d like to give a go. Could this work? Any takers?

Thankyou

You're welcome!

Don't we already have that in place pretty much? We have the Hoax forum, and if something is just sort of our there, it get's moved to Skunk Works.

If it's a doable thread, it remains intact where it is, until it fades to the bottom of the list, like everything else.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Thanks BR, I understand your point, but that's a default situation.

I'm talking about a proactive approach. If someone appears repeatedly in the hall of shame for example, then I’m going to be less inclined to run with their musings, maybe pay more attention to claims from hall of Famers.

I would have thought that people who appear in the hall of shame are more likely to be more circumspect in putting forward claims based on tenuous links.

I suppose you could argue that since predictions and prophecy aren’t exact science - typically trial and error - by condemning someone to the hall of shame you run the risk of throwing out the baby with the bath water! Maybe.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Here you go...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

FOR SHAME!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Butcherguy,

that puts endcbe right up there in my hall of shame. I realize people use multiple user IDs on these boards but I predict that the next prediction posted by endcbe will get ignored.

See that's what I'm talking about - more wheat less chaff.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
... and here's a candidate for the Hall of Fame

hall of fame

ugandan attack

Seems like TruthxIsxInxThexMist called it spot on.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by se25watcher

Timely..... or did you have it in mind when started the thread?

Definitely a dead on hit as far as predictions go!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
HAHAHA thats too funny "wall of shame" but yeahhh thats someone who really needs attention

top topics

join