It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon given the nod to mount BP takeover

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

i don't recall to much of an uproar when the Belgians bought Budweiser and that was an OLD American company don't see us too mad at Belgium people buy other peoples companys all the time there just not usually as power-full as what bp and exon could be come

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Exxon doesn't "need" anyones permission to do this and BP's stock price makes BP ripe to be bought out. And just think of those 270 leases off the coast of Libya they'd get in the deal. I wonder what the Libyans think about having a US oil giant sitting right on the door step. Just like old times I guess.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
maybe its part of a greater plan to give some of those oil wells to the Israelis after the supposed coming war with iran or our back up plan to them closing the straights of Hormuz either way theirs gonna be some pissed off Libyans soon

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

That they do, but BP is Britains largest company by Capital, Profit, and Employment.

On top of that, while some companies like Canbury were British staples, BP is actually a staple to British Pension Funds and Mutual Funds. Not to mention British municipalities invested in BP through common shares and bonds.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join