Exxon given the nod to mount BP takeover

page: 3
49
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


good reply.


As you can probably guess, I havnt been following this 'that' closely.

Anyway, I thought Obama was paramount that BP set that pot of gold aside since they where responsible.

I guess it'll be intresting how the business/banks/US Goverment deal with this.

If Exxon do some sort of deal and ask for help of the American Goverment, there should be a very Loud cry from the people, as this will just increase dept wont it?
Since their paying it from Taxes at a time when their ment to be making cuts.


I think Ill read up more on this.

eee.




posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
oh yeah, like Exxon is any better. Anybody remember the Alaska spill near that one town? They won against Exxon for billions of dollars. All Exxon did was just appeal the case and basically one person in that town was left alive from that time of incident. The feds had to step in. Well don't expect the grass to get greener with Exxon.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo
 


I am probably the only one who thinks this, but if the oil disaster wasn't done on purpose as a prelude to some grand scheme for Exxon to be able to purchase BP, then I think this is a good thing.

BP deserves the bad press it has gotten for what it has done, I don't think anyone will argue with that. It would only be natural for their shares prices to fall in the face of a disaster that is their fault. If Obama has assisted this by merely displaying his disapproval, then that is only natural as well.

Like I said, if this is all natural and not planned, then I think it would be great if Exxon bought up BP. If we can consolidate the oil industry, it makes it easier to regulate, and that is something Obama isn't afraid to do, and would be able to do since Exxon is an American company. It might even move some jobs to America, in which case, you should all be happy.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by blackhatchet
Now it's time to boycott Exxon as well.

Let's get on it!


Boycotting any one or two companies is like boycotting one TV network or one political party. They are all the same!

Boycott Fossil Fuel!! That would go somewhere.

Boycott Television. That will go somewhere.

Boycott all political parties, and vote for your buddy or neighbor!! That will go somewhere.

Boycott BP? Boycott Exxon? And then what? Buy from Shell? What the hell is the point of that?


Boycotting BP is an act of futility. As I mentioned in another thread, Rockerfellers own Exxon (and the other Standard Oil affiliates), Rothschilds own Shell (and LukOil associates), BP owned Amoco/Arco. There isn't a gas company out there that isn't part of the upper crust. This whole thing was envisioned from the start. Neither Rockerfeller or Rothschild had control of the BP conglomerate, but now they will.
BP got sucker punched by the homerun hitters and now they will become official property of the 2 major oil giants.

edit to add: Wanted to help clear up the confusion of who owns what:


* Rockefeller owns Exxon (Standard Oil); queen of Nederland owns BP; queen of England owns Shell Oil controlling share 40%; queen of Nederland owns Royal Dutch Shell.
* Rothschild owns Goldman Sachs.
* Rockefeller owns JP Morgan Chase. JP Morgan owns controlling share of the Federal Reserve Bank. [3]
* Rockefeller owns every major (transnational) pharmaceutical company. [3]
* Rockefeller owns the cancer industry and core medical information technology, including the data sheets every office and doctor uses.[3]
* Rockefeller owns ConAgra (the power grid infrastructure for the northeastern North American continent.)

As we can see, Rockerfellers own Exxon (who partnered with Nalco in 1994). Rothschilds own Goldman Sachs (partners with Blackstone Group - who own Nalco). Rothschilds are advisors to Blackstone (while owning Goldman, who own Nalco, partnered with Exxon in 1994). It is the patterns of the Rockerfellers and Rothschilds working together to break up BP, with the lions share going to Rothschilds, while Rockefellers reep the initial profits, while Rothschilds build framework for alternative energy markets (and geopolitical economies), in which Rockefellers and Rothschilds will profit, and control.
Nalco supplies world energy markets and CO2 solutions as well as oil industry, and Excelon (read their sordid bio here) provides energy systems. If Rothschilds own the oil and energy industry and Rockefellers own the oil and energy business, we, the people, are choked off.


[edit on 12-7-2010 by OuttaTime]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by OuttaTime]



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime
 


I agree. That was my point!


Boycott Big Oil...maybe that will work, but picking out one company is futile.

We can all do more to limit our consumption and remove power from the hands of the big corps. I have dropped my electric bill over $100 per month by changing my habits and buying CFL, insulation, etc. I also close closets and bathrooms and vents and only cool the area I am using a lot.

I have stopped driving my 10 mpg truck, and now I drive my 45mpg motorcycle. I don't like the cold and rain, but it saves me almost $100 per week!

I am now in the process of building some solar panels and I will slowly convert all my peripheral electric to solar. I.E. Well Pump, Pool Pump, Shed lights, etc. After that is successful, I may try to do the main house.

If anybody wants to boycott, start boycotting all Fossil Fuel by limiting your own consumption. Boycotting for one business or one day is worthless. You just wind up buying more the next day, or buying more from another source. BOYCOTT YOUR OWN CONSUMPTION!



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo
 


From Satan to Beelzebub..
...



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I doubt if this is true. When you take over a company, you takeover their liabilities too.

I would think most oil companies would just wait for the possible liquidation of BP and then just buy the assets - instead of the entire company.

I really hope this doesn't result in less competition. The smaller the number of competitors, the easier it is for market and political manipulation.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hope they can stop it soon. The destruction it has already caused is bad enough.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by OuttaTime
 


I agree. That was my point!


Boycott Big Oil...maybe that will work, but picking out one company is futile.

We can all do more to limit our consumption and remove power from the hands of the big corps. I have dropped my electric bill over $100 per month by changing my habits and buying CFL, insulation, etc. I also close closets and bathrooms and vents and only cool the area I am using a lot.

I have stopped driving my 10 mpg truck, and now I drive my 45mpg motorcycle. I don't like the cold and rain, but it saves me almost $100 per week!

I am now in the process of building some solar panels and I will slowly convert all my peripheral electric to solar. I.E. Well Pump, Pool Pump, Shed lights, etc. After that is successful, I may try to do the main house.

If anybody wants to boycott, start boycotting all Fossil Fuel by limiting your own consumption. Boycotting for one business or one day is worthless. You just wind up buying more the next day, or buying more from another source. BOYCOTT YOUR OWN CONSUMPTION!





You're right, this is something we all need to do!

Gas was killing me too
Parked my 16 mpg V8
got a 30+ mpg beater for $950


good luck on the house

[edit on 12-7-2010 by cosmo740]



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmo740
 


You sir are a lead foot. My Chev 350 gets 25mpg hwy....



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
I doubt if this is true. When you take over a company, you takeover their liabilities too.

I would think most oil companies would just wait for the possible liquidation of BP and then just buy the assets - instead of the entire company.

I really hope this doesn't result in less competition. The smaller the number of competitors, the easier it is for market and political manipulation.




In the backstabbing policies of corporate takeovers these days, the corp is taken over while the liabilities are written off (added to the public debt). No doubt BP will be broken up into divisions as to limit legal liability/responsibility.
We've been under the illusion of competition for years. BP was a perfect example. They operated under the BP sign as well as the Arco and Amoco signs. Pretty soon, all we will be able to buy is Victory Gas, Victory Cigarettes, and Victory Vodka...



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country
 




Like I said, if this is all natural and not planned, then I think it would be great if Exxon bought up BP. If we can consolidate the oil industry, it makes it easier to regulate,


Are you kidding? If Exxon take over BP, they will basically OWN oil throughout the western world. They will be so big, THEY will be able to tell US how much oil is going to cost. A company like that is beyond regulation.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by cosmo740
 


You sir are a lead foot. My Chev 350 gets 25mpg hwy....


Wow! My Titan got 10 mpg in town and 14 Highway at best. I got rid of it, and bought a bike and an old Ford f-150. The 302 gets 10 mpg at best, and sometimes it gets just the opposite (10 gallons per mile, LOL)!

So, I ride the bike 95% of the time. Wife has a hybrid Camry, but I am not happy with it. It gets about 30 mpg, more when I drive, but my Mom's old Bonneville SSEI gets almost 40. My Mother-in-laws Camry (non hybrid) gets 35 +. I think I got screwed on the Hybrid thing. Paid more, got less.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


Well, last time I calculated Gas mileage it was right around 25 mpg. Then again the 350 has been known to get some decent mileage. Look at the old Buick road masters. Those things got some killer mileage.

As long as I keep it between 2000 and 2500 rpm on the highway I get good mileage.

Yes the Nissan titan is a gas hog, so is any dodge 360 and even the new chev silverados (even though they now have a smaller v8)

Mine is a 92 K1500 Starline.. I'm quite happy with it.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by DaMod]



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
One, I just watched a short video of them installing the new pipe with the flange over it. How in the world did they stop the oil leak so nicely while they were installing that new pipe that they could have done all this time?

Two, If this is true I will find out from a best friend of mine who works for Exxon. If it is true then you can bet Exxon will not be paying for the clean up or anything involved with this leak.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


Ya see, that's why I drive a Toyota Yaris. It may be small, but it's nippy, fun to drive and best of all, I get 39mpg in the town and about 45mpg on the motorway.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


Ya see, that's why I drive a Toyota Yaris. It may be small, but it's nippy, fun to drive and best of all, I get 39mpg in the town and about 45mpg on the motorway.


Sure, but it just doesn't look as "cool" as my bike! Even when I am sitting at a red light in the rain mumbling curses under my breath at all the little Yarises and Smart Cars sitting around in dry, air-conditioned comfort. LOL!



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have one good point & one Horrible point about this.

Exxon has a much better safety record [& safety culture i hope?] than BP.

HORRIBLE POINT:

This is a means of unloading the tens [hundreds?] of billions of liability against BP.

Which means YOU the taxpayer will pay for virtually ALL of the tens of billions of clean up costs.

Just like the banks, socialism bailouts for the rich corporations & slavery capitalism for the working taxpayers.

Remember Exxon sued its way out of billions of dollars of the Exxon Valdez settlement.

I would argue for receivership for BP.
Instead of essentially corporate welfare for Exxon.

More corporate welfare,
& Trillions on your taxpaying backs as well as your unborn grandchildren.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by slank]



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If this was their goal, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 'miraculous' stopping of the spill sometime soon.

They've already made millions on this by shorting prior to the spill. Now they will buy at low prices and after the takeover, reap more millions as BP shares rise again.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
I have one good point & one Horrible point about this.

Exxon has a much better safety record [& safety culture i hope?] than BP.

HORRIBLE POINT:

This is a means of unloading the tens [hundreds?] of billions of liability against BP.

Which means YOU the taxpayer will pay for virtually ALL of the tens of billions of clean up costs.

Just like the banks, socialism bailouts for the rich corporations & slavery capitalism for the working taxpayers.

Remember Exxon sued its way out of billions of dollars of the Exxon Valdez settlement.

I would argue for receivership for BP.
Instead of essentially corporate welfare for Exxon.

More corporate welfare,
& Trillions on your taxpaying backs as well as your unborn grandchildren.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by slank]


hmm. true.

i saw the cspan coverage of tony getting grilled. or should i say the coverage of tony appearing to get grilled. that whole 3 or 4 hour event. they said that bp had hundreds (like 700) safety violations in the same amount of time exxon had two. i think though that there is wool being pulled over our brains. cant put my finger on it.

and if their financial obligations are deferred (which i'm not sure they will be) there will have to be another war or disaster to take our minds off it. but if they do, i say we empty the system of the devils the very next day. all the devils. tptb are having a field-day with us. and whats our line? "please sir, may i have another?"





new topics
top topics
 
49
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join