It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon given the nod to mount BP takeover

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
bring in the other f ups to fix this f up up lol t

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Exxon gave nod to drive up BP stocks.

The Us government was recently given the nod by Exxon for the use of there name in propaganda to drive up BP stocks in order to secure the assets of there competitor. They said we can't hold the world by there balls if our partners in crime start being taken out. The US government said they would give us more exemptions in the future to insure we don't run into this type of problem again the exemptions now in place on oil seem to be slightly less then fully exempt.

This is the way it really happened. Im sure.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
What's interesting too is that Exxon were linked to a takeover of Haliburton ?

And who was it that done the Cementing that caused this leak ?

Is that some dots i can see lining up.

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by ken10

That and the fact that bp has the right to drill the falkland islands makes the plot thicken further

AND… don’t forget that Nalco (the maker of Corexit, the toxic dispersant being used, is a joint venture between… wait for it…. EXXON and BP!

God, this stinks to high heaven!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So maybe this was the true intent of the "Project for the New American Century" - the neo-conservative think tank that has had a profound influence on the Bush presidency and Dick Cheney.

Blow up one of BP's oil wells, you not only destroy the Obama Presidency (how can anyone possibly look good during this?), but you also undermine if not outright ruin BP's operations in American waters. Hallibuton (a big player in "Project for the New American Century") does the dirty deed when it has access to the rig, takes none of the blame for the disaster, then as it unfolds you have legislators calling for BP to be put into receivership, or position it to be taken over by an Amercian oil company. No matter how it plays out, BP is done in American waters, which is probably the primary goal, taking down Obama with it was just icing on the cake.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Looking at things in terms of Worst Case Scenario as it relates to the Gulf Of Mexico.... why wouldnt you want to sell off BP? How do you expect them to make money when they have just destroyed one of the more fragile ecosystems on the globe? This leak will have world wide implications. BP the company is ruined. There is no coming back from this, not in terms of business.

The effects if this leak will not even be fully known for years to come. If it is as bad as some of us think it is, do you really think BP has enough money to settle ALL the claims that could come? Not WORLDWIDE they dont.

Think about this for a second.... if BP were to be bought up this year... who are you going to collect from in 5 years when you find out the Corexit got into the water table and contaminated your drinking water? Answer: No one. BP will no longer exist. What is being held up in escrow for claims NOW is a drop in the bucket, but once BP ceases to exist you can not get more money aside from what has already been paid out and put into escrow.

This is not a war between TPTB, it's a collective effort between TPTB to duck all responsibility and leave the People holding the bag.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You struck the nail on the head. All these ATSers stroking their ego about "I told you so, I called this!" but they are missing the big picture when it comes to us and how this affects people like us.

BP hasn't handed over anything for that supposed escrow account and yet Obama is now going to "approve" this merger?

There will be no money for the southeast. I know you guys dont like it getting political but we all know which side the southeast swings towards.

This merger is going to leave the Gulf residents to fend for themselves.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
They just messing with a bit of pocket change,Division-maybe,Or just another move on the monopoly board ??

They are getting worried and starting to take each other out.

Wait until somebody HUGE gets totally screwed over and then starts spilling secrets.

then sh*t will really hit the fan.

just a thought though. may or may not happen.

peace

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
maybee we get to real reason this happend as it was always a win win for money and american companies considering bp was only the parent umberella company the companies that caused the fault were both american im not saying there is truth in anything ive just said but one does best when one looks outside the box before it happend american financial giants dumping stock then it happens bp is ruined both by name and financially and now we learn an american company is looking to take over when this whole thing started i smelt a rat and gee isnt it the case where lies the carcus there the vultures will gather and just so u know britian and the powers that be here not to mention the british people would never stand for what is in essance any manner of global tyrant domination even if it is by the very country that is our closest freind american policy preceading and absolutely after 911 isnt that diffrent to the policy of the nazi party in the 30s and the financial scams since emron are a testament to foul play at the highest levels sure im just dancing around things but also its my understanding BP hasnt been british for a long time it is a private company there is an absolute dirty trix campaighn underway and you lost credibility on 911 for the whole world knows it was an inside job just none can belive it or choose not too

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Given Obama's history of taking over corporations, I'd say he'd LOVE to see BP/Exxon in his control. He's worse than Chavez.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yes it does stink indeed.. Especially for those people in the US who are directly affected by this disaster who will in no doubt recieve sweet FA in terms of compo if this all goes through...

Us in on this side of the pond wont stand for it either.. The political fallout would be immense... Its empire building by deception only thr troops drivr desks, wear ties and smile sweetly t you as they lie through their teeth... The collatoral damage being US citizens in the gulf coast...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
yes some of you are seeing and understanding the bigger picture nothing matters but a small group holding all the money and all the power in the world no matter how they obtian it and if u dont play along they will take it from you or and kill you or your company or government it is a new world order and its terrorist sponsored and cultivated one way or another and they are going into korea and iran simultaneously and it is the start of world war three and as they have already proven they cant win a ground war they want a nuclear exchange to wipe out a great proportion of upcoming retirees and to cul the population as there arent enough jobs anymore and not enough money for social security and america could never pay back the trillions it owes im a patriotic anglo american the peoples i love and will die for the governments i hate and despise for they are indeed a den of vipers

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Bingo!!
Is it just a move on the monopoly board? of course it is.
The people in the south are being reamed by BP now,cant get their cash, imagine what happens when it changes hands.

'So you are a victim of the BP disaster? Well we are Exxon now,no cash for you.'

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
frankensense youve got the big picture mate i mean come on if you can dupe the world with 911 surely a lil ole rig in the gulf is no problem and if you dont sell bp to america "youll never work in this town again" any which way the end goal is american companies control and own all the oil in the world policed by its military industrial complex Mr obama there is INDEED change in the air but it is not your change sir

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hasnt BP set aside a pot of money for claims to be dished out from?

In the event of a take over this will probably dry up quickly as they'd probably pass some first come first served sort of payment.
(for example, eventhough its diffrent, but the Mining industry had a similar thing, to pay out for Chest problems, white finger etc. Which I think, has now stopped paying out.)

Also, with the takeover the company should inherit the financial obligations. Although, most of BP will have foot the bill for the clean up, but if Exxon did take over, think of the Oil fields etc, it would control.

With that comes Even More Profit!

It'll probably be a market leader (understatement of the century!)

Also as mentiond, Falklands is currently sitting pretty... But also, what about the British North Sea Reserves???

Anyway... Im getting fed up of the word 'Oil'.

eee.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Well, maybe not the official hostile takeover, but we have been discussing it as a potential.

Hostile Takeover : Is BP PLC Vulnerable Enough For A Corporate Raid?

Seems I was on the right track towards this happening though.

I know how to spot a potential for hostile takeover.

This should be quite interesting now.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Hasnt BP set aside a pot of money for claims to be dished out from?

Last I heard, they hadn't set aside a dime! They agreed to set it aside, then they immediately changed the terms where a little would be set aside up front and they would add to it over the next 5 years. Then they immediately complained that there was not enough capital to set it aside, and it would take more time to establish the fund.

Enter....merger talks.....takeovers.....bankruptcy.....etc.!!

ANYBODY CAN AGREE TO ANYTHING!! It doesn't make it binding, and it doesn't create any penalties if you go out of business before meeting your obligation.

Look for compromises in the near future. I.E. Exxon will bail out BP, but only on the condition that the Federal Government agree to help them with all these claims! BP will be off the hook, the claims process will be drowned in government red-tape, and Exxon will show record profits and inherit a bunch of new reserves, while the tax payer trudges along just hoping to be able to buy enough gas to get to work to pay taxes to give to BP/Exxon?!?!?!?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Now it's time to boycott Exxon as well.

Let's get on it!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackhatchet
Now it's time to boycott Exxon as well.

Let's get on it!

Boycotting any one or two companies is like boycotting one TV network or one political party. They are all the same!

Boycott Fossil Fuel!! That would go somewhere.

Boycott Television. That will go somewhere.

Boycott all political parties, and vote for your buddy or neighbor!! That will go somewhere.

Boycott BP? Boycott Exxon? And then what? Buy from Shell? What the hell is the point of that?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, very nice to see that the must not let opportunity go to waste, movers and shakers are still on top of their game. Refreshing to see. Gives me hope for the future well-being of our country and our world.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
bring in the other f ups to fix this f up up lol t

Well, athough I agree somewhat, Exxon has a better track record for following safety regulations (3 violations to BP's 78). I say give em a shot at it.

I mean really, they couldn't do worse than BP...

Yes I am being sarcastic, but really we all need comedy relief every now and again.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by DaMod]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join