It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP pleased with progress of replacing cap on well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

www.theaustralian.co m.au

BP's latest effort to contain the crude gushing from a leak in the Gulf of Mexico continued on schedule for a second day.

Undersea robots prepared for the installation of a new, tight-fitting containment cap on the broken well.

BP officials displayed an air of optimism at the new attempt to capture the leaking oil, but their efforts also meant that oil was flowing unimpeded from the well head until the new cap can be put in place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.freep.com
news.smh.com.au
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

The Q4000 service platform burns off oil and gas it collects at the site of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

What is BP doing to contain the oil hemorrhaging from the well for the past how long, 83 days? A tight-fitting containment cap that may come loose again?

Who knows? Besides, this was a planned false flag op, the oil spill.

End result: An oily Gulf of Mexico and a destroyed ecosystem.

www.theaustralian.co m.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

How will they contain a well head at an estimated 70.000 psi .

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon

Hmmm!

They actually ADMIT that their whole goal was not to just stop the well from dumping all this oil into the gulf, but to recover it, ...

BP simultaneously is working to bring online a third containment vessel, the Helix Producer. Mr Wells said the procedure hit a small snag overnight, but that oil collection should start ramping up later today, with full capacity reached in about three days.
******SKIP******
The new sealing cap system, plus other measures, is expected to allow the recovery of 60,000 to 80,000 barrels a day in two to three weeks, Mr Wells said on the weekend.

At least that what it sounds like to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kodiak60

This has to be constantly debunked.

The pressure down the wellbore is not even surpassing 15,000 psi.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well good for BP. I on the other hand are not pleased at all with BP's progress and want them fined into oblivion for the crime of greed.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes it's disgusting. It must have taken lots of money to drill down that far.

They want to reocver the lost funds of both drilling this well and then the "cleanup" payouts/insurance/fines/etc they'll have to pay.

This will take months/years of collecting this oil to take BP back into the positive balance on this.

I'm convinced they could have got this plugged ages ago. But that'd be a lot of investment into drilling a well wasted, wouldn't it? Sickening greed.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I hope they fail, I'm really enjoying this disaster so far and still await a scintillating climax to fulfill my thirst for entertainment.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

This is my exact question.
Good on you Kodiak60.
If the wellhead was 5billion psi and that is what blew the well originally like they said, then what are they using on the new cap? new math?
My Bullscat detector is going off.
I smell a rat.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole

Originally posted by ironfalcon

Hmmm!

They actually ADMIT that their whole goal was not to just stop the well from dumping all this oil into the gulf, but to recover it, ...

BP simultaneously is working to bring online a third containment vessel, the Helix Producer. Mr Wells said the procedure hit a small snag overnight, but that oil collection should start ramping up later today, with full capacity reached in about three days.
******SKIP******
The new sealing cap system, plus other measures, is expected to allow the recovery of 60,000 to 80,000 barrels a day in two to three weeks, Mr Wells said on the weekend.

At least that what it sounds like to me.

Does anyone else see the irony with the last statement? 60,000 to 80,000 barrels a day in two to three WEEKS? Were they not claiming to be 'collecting' that much weeks ago? Did I miss something here?

If anyone else has been watching the live feed, and saw how (seemingly) easliy they attached the new riser (and immediately put the dispersent back in it) one has to wonder why the hell they couldn't just have a valve inside the pipe to close it off?

It has become painfully obvious to me at least that the numbers given by BP mean absolutely nothing and thier priority was and STILL is COLLECTING the oil, not stopping the gusher.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xsamaelx

This has to be constantly debunked.

The pressure down the wellbore is not even surpassing 15,000 psi.

Really? Care to provide a link [snip]

Mod Edit: Personal comment removed. Please see Courtesy Is Mandatory, Thank you - Jak

[edit on 9/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Does this really matter?
Nothing is good news till this is plugged or not leaking into the ocean 100%

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This cap isn't intended to stop it, right? It's meant to do a better job of containing it and keep less of it flowing into the water. I'm not sure if stopping it 100% is really even an option?

new topics

top topics

join