It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats were eating dead 74 year old mans foot!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Pretty basic really. Cat gets hungry, cat has no food, cat eats human. So what. Cats are excellent pets I have 2. They are generally self sufficient, friendly and clean. Any animal in that situation is going to eat whatever it can to survive. No different than the lost sailor drinking his own piss to survive.

brill

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Damn, what a sad story, after reading it I dont see why the cats were the focal point and why such details were even shared with the media in the first place.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MonsantoTriffid

that would be a good idea, although he might call some friends to come help finish you off
jsut kidding.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
No different than the lost sailor drinking his own piss to survive.

Or might I add, the Football team, and numerous others in similar situations who have had to resort to eating the bodies of other dead humans in order to survive, hardly a cat thing.

My cats are with me since they want to be, being born strays and having ample wild food and space to revert back if they wanted, doesnt stop em finding me on a whim and sitting on my lap for no other reason than to be with me (and getting vocally angry when I decide to get up). To me a dog needs you to survive and see's you as that and fawns over you for that very reason, a cat is naturally independent, solitary, yet highly sociably flexable creature, as such a cat living with you shows that they want to be with you since it doesnt really need you in the first place.

The cats were starving to death pure and simple... and the only source of food was the well dead owner. They didnt jump in and dine the moment he fell over for crying out loud... anyone that even remotely believes that doesnt know a thing about cats, or hasnt lived with any.

Ultimately, Im sure the dead guy didnt mind
(Heck if it meant my cats could live long enough to get rescued, id hope mine chowed down on me if I was a corpse)

Edit:- (Also there were other dead cats in the house so they must have been trapped without food for a long time for some of em to cark it from hunger, lack of water).

Heh sorry about that rant... I just dont like it when people make it out like cat's are selfish souless bastards :p

[edit on 12-7-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Virtually any animal that gets hungry enough will eat you, it isnt just cats. Even some humans would, hence the Donner party, and that plane crash in the mountains movie.

We eat dead animals, even ones we know and are friendly with, (on farms) so why we would expect that they should somehow hold dead humans sacred, I am not sure.

Typical human hypocrisy, imho.

Edit to add;

And I might point out that in the case of the first face transplant patient, her dog didnt even wait til she was dead, much less a week.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i have read and seen where other animals have eaten there owners after they have died. an owner had a large assortment of exotic animals, snakes and lizards, fed on him after he died. a dog chewed his masters face as well. and it was a small dog too.

still, what a sad ending for these two old folks. rest in peace.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The way I read it this is a sad story ,my God these poor people and their pets

so this guy was old himself taking care on his even more elderly utterly dependent mother and he DIED, and and as result his poor mother and several pets died horrible deaths.

Sweet Jesus! what kind of awful society do we live in?
you know whenever I have an elderly neighbor ,I check on them! I do. I would ashamed of myself if this kind of thing happened to someone I lived on the same block as or across the street from or whatever.

This really makes me sick ,but I have recently discovered that have something called "over active empathy" That's when you can't turn it off and it hurts your ability to function normally,I'm working on it

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
cats are ruthless. they will eat their owner, and anything else edible for that matter, if they begin to starve.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

edit on by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join