It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats were eating dead 74 year old mans foot!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wow poor animals i wonder how long they were hungry untill they finally started eating him.

Humane officials removed a dozen cats from a northwestern Pennsylvania home where a deputy coroner says the animals started eating the foot of an elderly man found dead there with his mother. Erie County Deputy Coroner Korac Timon says 74-year-old Herbert Walden likely died of a heart attack in Albion, several days before his body was found Saturday. His 94-year-old mother, Jane Walden, was also found dead.

The coroner says Jane Walden likely died of dehydration sometime after her son died. The woman relied on her son’s care and their trash-filled home didn’t have running water. Joe Grisanti, executive director of the Human Society of Northwestern Pennsylvania, says crews removed a dozen cats from the home on Tuesday.

They also found four more dead cats and a dead dog in the residence.

Link

[edit on 12-7-2010 by pavelivanov22]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Cats aren't particularly renowned for their sentimentality. I suspect that they began eating the dead man pretty much when they were hungry and realized the Cat Chow wasn't forthcoming.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Eww, they must have been realllly hungry to start eating a 74 year old dead dudes foot. I mean how oogie is that!

All in all I'm sure the owner didn't mind.
Not like he needed it anymore.

Sorry his Mother died that way though, poor thing - God rest their souls!

peace

[edit on 12-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
lol what a horrific thing to walk into.......

she didnt even try to use the phone or crawl out the door?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This reminds me of one of the strange things my dad used to have a habit of saying, in regards to the family cat...

"A dog is loyal, and will wait at least a week before starvation will lead it to eat the you...the cat on the other hand gets curious the second you stop putting food in the bowl."

- Fry

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I bet he wished the shoe was on the other foot.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It is pretty crazy to think how bad these humans and animals suffered before passing. Sad really.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Eww, they must have been realllly hungry to start eating a 74 year old dead dudes foot. I mean how oogie is that!

All in all I'm sure the owner didn't mind.
Not like he needed it anymore.

Sorry his Mother died that way though, poor thing - God rest their souls!

peace

[edit on 12-7-2010 by silo13]

I am sure it was all part of a touching gesture on the kittys part.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This sounds like such a tragedy. I have a purely indoor cat, no cat door for him to get out. Makes me wonder if I should install a cat door so he could run away instead of eating me if i die

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonsantoTriffid
This sounds like such a tragedy. I have a purely indoor cat, no cat door for him to get out. Makes me wonder if I should install a cat door so he could run away instead of eating me if i die

I wouldn't. He'll just invite his buddies in thru the cat door.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Someone pass the A1 Sauce please.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've been told that this also happened in my hometown. There was an old "cat lady" that died in this old trashy house. She was dead for like 2 weeks before anyone even looked in on her and the cats had done some major damage to her extremities.

Cats are bad news.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
lol what a horrific thing to walk into.......

she didnt even try to use the phone or crawl out the door?

They didn't have running water; probably no phone either.

I think my priorities would be:

Electric
Water
Phone/internet

I suppose you'd have to fit heat in there somewhere.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Cats aren't particularly renowned for their sentimentality. I suspect that they began eating the dead man pretty much when they were hungry and realized the Cat Chow wasn't forthcoming.

not true. my cat comes into my room and greets me every morning. with that said, cats would probably eat human flesh if you fed it to them. there's no reason they would see it as different than any other meat.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feanorr

not true. my cat comes into my room and greets me every morning.

Can you be sure what motivates your cat?

We can't even know the motivations of humans without asking and even then we have to take them at their word or attribute a motivation to their actions.

Regardless, courtesy or even affection is not sentimentality.

[edit on 2010/7/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Having been stuck with cats for almost 20 years now, I can answer that question with confidence: Hunger.

Seriously, try this out - find a stray cat, feed it. If it doesn't come to you the next time you see it, feed it again.

It doesn't take much to build up that relationship, and when you do get to the point that it will come to you of its own free will...stop giving it food.

You'll notice your little buddy go back to its old wary ways in short order.

Thus why I prefer cats to most other animals - they let you know where you stand in regards to why they give you any kind of attention, no beating around the old bush.

*edit for grammar

- Fry

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Fryaga]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Fryaga

I agree in so far as cats look to humans to meet their basic needs. I've worked for many cats over the years and while they are good companions, it's all about them.

[edit on 2010/7/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the next owner of that house! Hope they have Ghost Hunter's phone number handy!

On a more serious note, I have a feeling this home wasn't very suitable for healthy living prior to all these deaths. Somehow I imagine a lot of hoarding, clutter and unsanitary conditions just due to their ages and all these poor animals they housed.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

then you start a %&*^ing fire.... somones gonna see that.

Im guessing education, logical thinking, or problem solving wasnt worth the investment either.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonsantoTriffid
I have a purely indoor cat, no cat door for him to get out. Makes me wonder if I should install a cat door so he could run away instead of eating me if i die

I don't much care for cats but I don't believe it is right to keep them indoors. Cats are meant to roam.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join