It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The death of Dr. Edgar Mitchell

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have been thinking of posting this story up here for a long time. For 5 years, I performed autopsies for the state medical examiners office (I no longer work there). And believe me; I have seen some strange things in my life, but not one quite like this.

In the mornings at my former job, we would get the report listing all of the decedents that will need to be autopsied that day. On that list was one Dr. Edgar Mitchell. I was assigned to that case. As I prepped the body for examination, I wondered if this was THE Dr. Edgar Mitchell, THE astronaut. The pathologist I was working with that day wonder out loud the same thing. So, we Googled him. We looked at some of the photos of Dr. Mitchell and concluded it WAS him. The guy looked just like him, Same glasses, same date of birth.

Now, being the big fan of ATS I am, I wanted to be the first to report the death of such a controversial figure to everyone here. I created a 2nd account to make a thread about what we just found out, I didn’t want to use my “Frankenchrist” account because I was posting from a university computer and I didn’t want anything linking back to me since it is a highly sensitive job.

I posted the thread. Not one reply.

So a few months later, I’m watching TV, and Dr. Mitchell is on some show about UFOs and the such. I say out loud to my girls, “Hey, I did that guys autopsy.” Then I realize the show is brand new. I think to myself, “They must have filmed this a couple of months before he died.”

But we all know Dr. Edgar Mitchell is alive and well.

So, all in all. WTF?????

I do recall looking up my old thread about a year later, still no replies.

I looked it up today, and the thread is now gone. I could be wrong and I just cant locate it. I could swear I used the screen name of “nutjob” or something with the word “nut” in it.

Maybe you guys could help me locate the thread so we can get the date of death and do a little more digging.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

The guy looked just like him, Same glasses, same date of birth.

Hey Frankenchrist, not to point out the obvious or anything...but since when do they bring cadavers in for autopsy wearing personal effects, such as glasses?

Interesting, but a small flaw such as that could be a possible reason you received no replies in regards to your original post.

*edit for spelling
- Fry

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Fryaga]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fryaga

The guy looked just like him, Same glasses, same date of birth.

Hey Frankenchrist, not to point out the obvious or anything...but since when do they bring cadavers in for autopsy wearing personal effects, such as glasses?

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Fryaga]

What? Do you think we all die naked?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Mitchell is somewhat problematic for me as well, but in an entirely different sense.

Twenty-some-odd-years ago, a colleague loaned me a book. It was titled "Reach!" and the author was Ed Mitchell. Yes, the astronaut, but the name was just Ed Mitchell. It was about an astronaut who got torn apart in a black hole and told of what happens to his consciousness thereafter. I have tried to find this book since then, but to no avail. It simply doesn't exist.

If anyone has any ideas about this book - perhaps I have false memories of the title or the author (unlikely though, that) - please do let me know. I've searched using every parameter I can think of, but none has produced a result.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Mitchell is somewhat problematic for me as well, but in an entirely different sense.
.......I have tried to find this book since then, but to no avail. It simply doesn't exist.

My question is. Does he still exist? Was he cloned? Was that really him I cut open? was it not?

If I could just find that old thread. The date is the most important thing. He would have died that day or the day before. We can then call the M.E. and get some info. Its all public record. I would call, but I just dont want anything to do with my old employers. Its personal thing.

Well sh!t, I'll just give you all the info you guys need.

New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator

(505) 272-3053

Ask if there is recorded death for Dr. Edgar Mitchell in the years of 2005-2008

if they tell you there is no one by that name, I would totally freak.

Oh I also read that Dr. Mitchell does or did live in NM.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Frankenchrist]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Check U2U, please.

If this is a timeline thing, you won't find any evidence of his death here anymore. It will have been wiped out, much like that book. =( It was a good book too!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Do we die naked? No.

Do they remove all personal effects from a cadaver before it brought in for autopsy? Yes.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ok, so there is a book by Mr. Mitchell that one person read and can no longer find and apparently he died but is still living. What are we postulating here?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

We're wondering. That's allowed, I hope. I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that we hope to figure out why Dr Mitchell has weird sh*t happening to him in our lives. I believe the question is "Why him?".

Thank you for your concern and kind contribution.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You mean this guy?

www.edmitchellapollo14.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Contact him at his home page and see if he wrote that book you were talking about.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Maybe you guys could help me locate the thread so we can get the date of death and do a little more digging.

It might be a simple as that.

There might be an obituary for the individual you did the autopsy on.

edit to add:

There are obituary search engines on Google. If you know the state, and can approximate the year this autopsy was done, you might be able to find out who this was.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

OMG! You must have experienced a time slip!

IRM

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Do we die naked? No.

Do they remove all personal effects from a cadaver before it brought in for autopsy? Yes.

- Fry

The hell we do! When you die you come in "as is".

Let me ask you this Fry. When you are found dead in the alley with an axe in your head, do you think that they would take your clothes off in the street, then bag you? No. They leave all your clothes on and leave the axe in your head then bag you. In a homocide case, clothes could be an important part of the investigation. We would have to photograph and collect trace evidence which could be left on your clothes.

And in natural deaths we would remove the clothes and put them in a bag, then give them to the next of kin.

So shut your face.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Im sorry i do not believe in a single part of your story. Care to post a link to the old thread you started about this? Or at least a link to the account you used as a sick puppet to post it?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Doing a non-intrusive poke on the guy, I see him alive and well in West Palm Beach as of the last update.

Was the guy you remember supposed to have lived in Taos? I see the same name and approximate age guy there, but it's old data and doesn't appear to be the astronaut, since it's not updating the guy could be dead, but it's a pain to find out.

Want Mitchell's unlisted phone number? THAT I got. (kidding, I got in trouble last time)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

. I created a 2nd account to make a thread about what we just found out, I didn’t want to use my “Frankenchrist” account because I was posting from a university computer and I didn’t want anything linking back to me since it is a highly sensitive job. ...

If you created a "2nd account" would you be able to create a thread right then? - don't you need a minimum number of replys before you post, except in the new member forum?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fryaga

My bad.

After taking your advice to "shut my face" I decided to research a bit deeper, i.e. pursuitmag.com... and I was wrong.

Just a small detail like a cadaver being brought in still wearing glasses, something that I thought would be trivial to the investigation, didn't make sense to me.

I'm sorry for the mistake!

- Fry

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well here's an article with photo done in 2009:

"The truth is out there. And a former Apollo 14 astronaut wants you to know about it. Edgar Mitchell, who made the longest moonwalk in history in 1971, says alien life does exist and the US government is blocking the information from getting out."

"On Monday Mitchell addressed the issue of extraterrestrial life at the National Press Club in Washington after the X-Conference, a convention of UFO researchers and activists."

www.guardian.co.uk...

And a check of the ss social security death index thru ancestry.com by his dob which is listed on many websites and by checking both texas, his place of birth, and new mexico, shows no record found.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

After taking your advice to "shut my face" I decided to research a bit deeper, i.e. pursuitmag.com... and I was wrong.

Just a small detail like a cadaver being brought in still wearing glasses, something that I thought would be trivial to the investigation, didn't make sense to me.

I'm sorry for the mistake!

- Fry

How about next time you go to talk about something you don't know, you research it first instead of coming off like some type of pseudo-authority? How about that?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Why is everyone on here ripping the OP a new ahole?

Frankenchrist- I believe you. Ive experienced multiple time slips in this life, and for those that have never experienced one, they cant possible understand, now matter how many times you describe it.

So how many years ago exactly did your perform his autopsy?
Did you live in an area where Edgar Mitchell was living?
Did you remember reading anything about it in the newspaper?

thanks for sharing, I find your account very interesting!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join