It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bulletproof soldier

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
There's recurring logic in the Video Games and possibly any other fictional works: any characters will be more resistant to bullets and other anti-personnel weapons(other than directed energy weapons and NBC weapons of course) if they are: Very Fat or/and muscular and wearing Medieval armour(this can refers to any metal armour that didn't just come as medieval armour since in real life, medieval armour are often too thin to stop bullets), this logic can be reversed if the character itself are Nanomorph(robots that completely consists nanobots): Very thin. and How about Real Life?




posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Darpa has been looking into exoskeletons for soldiers how far they've come I dont know.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
Darpa has been looking into exoskeletons for soldiers how far they've come I dont know.

How about using Cold Fusion as power plant for exoskeleton



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
using Cold Fusion as power plant for exoskeleton ???
that might not be a good idea



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There are full combat suits that are used in combat. I've seen videos of Russian types, and of civilian versions made in Canada (60,000 isn't cheap though).



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
those guys in LA that robbed a bank and got in a shootout with police made their own full body armor (except for hands, feet and head).



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
From what I've heard, the DARPA exoskeleton is still looking for a small, abundant power source. Once they get that, we will have our own Starship Troopers. Then the Russians and Chinese will also have them, dropping out of suborbital Mach 10 transport spaceplanes. Good times, good times...



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
those guys in LA that robbed a bank and got in a shootout with police made their own full body armor (except for hands, feet and head).


Wasn't that in Hollywood, Florida? Pretty sure I recall the incident that you're talking about (made all Police units rethink the type of firepower needed)



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Wet Defence on BBC



Seems like great armor

news.bbc.co.uk...




posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
There's recurring logic in the Video Games and possibly any other fictional works


Can you name a few of these games and works please?



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by clarknick67
using Cold Fusion as power plant for exoskeleton ???
that might not be a good idea

Yes, especially when it placed on your chest cavity since cold fusion is still toxic, but at least it still much cleaner than fossil fuel and nuclear fuel



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantumdragon

Originally posted by masonicon
There's recurring logic in the Video Games and possibly any other fictional works


Can you name a few of these games and works please?

Many action and adventure games as well many action and adventure films like resident evil 4 where Ashley Graham will be bulletproof if she wears medieval armour



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Has everything to do with the player playing a "Hero"...

In movies, fiction, etc., the "Hero" is NOT an average guy. Thus, he/she can dish out more, take more, and survive scenarios where the ordinary bad guy could not.

A large foe lets the player know that this guy is going to take more to kill...thus the equation of size (whether fat or muscular) with more strength, etc.

If you had a game where the hero died after taking one hit, how many copies do you think you would sell? Exactly....



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Has everything to do with the player playing a "Hero"...

In movies, fiction, etc., the "Hero" is NOT an average guy. Thus, he/she can dish out more, take more, and survive scenarios where the ordinary bad guy could not.

A large foe lets the player know that this guy is going to take more to kill...thus the equation of size (whether fat or muscular) with more strength, etc.

If you had a game where the hero died after taking one hit, how many copies do you think you would sell? Exactly....

the game where the hero can dies after taking one hit is: many run & gun games like Metal Slug series(luckily you have multiple lives) and too often the bulks of the cast in the shows like Digimon, Teen Titans, Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts have undersized body due to Bishounen/Bishoujo crap



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join