It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life beyond Earth and Intelligent being is two thing imo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hi,

I'v red a couple of thread here recently and we seem to turn in circle (and this thread won't help much) but I want to share my ideas.

Have you notice how, in a couple of years we moved from : we are alone, to P there is life out there it's 100% certain.

And by saying that, even the most hardcore skeptic (except the closed one) will agree that main stream science have admit and discorver traces of life outside earth. By life, you see me coming, I mean anything living even bacteria.

Sure some will ague that even in early 70s, we knew bacteria was on Mars from fossiles but, what I mean is, widly known. If I ask someone on the street today :" do you know there is/was microbial lifeform on other planet then Earth" today ppl say Yeah, of course. That is one step.

Now, come the other part. Being (Intelligent Life). What's being intelligent life, compare to life of a bacteria. It's to be aware of it and changing, choosing and molding it's surrounding for it purpose. So, if intelligent life exist outside Earth by this idea, we should see clue of this.

Clue of intelligence outside randomness, outside natual cause etc. Are we (seeing that)? Have you?

I truely think this is a key. (not the only key). To understand that aruging back and forth about who is right or wrong about what'is truely reality is irrelevant. A 50% glass filled with water is either a drinkable or it's aleardy old news.

Not that is 'not' important but, when you guys who read this debate over and over have you notice that quickly we get lost in a labyrinth of ideas, and jugments that does not bring much to the idea.

In short, I think, my sharing is, do less damage then you think you could do by writhing your response. So, back to my topic, life outthere exist. What you see out of it is up to you. .

Korats

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Quite a ways we have come huh? I find it very amazing that anyone who pondered the vast universe would think there is NO life besides us! I bet there is within our own little arm of the galaxy!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It took a while for Pavlov to train his dogs.

For anyone who can think, the existence of ET life, and even intelligent life is a forgone conclusion.

The questions still remain though - would they, or have they visited or been involved with humans.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i think it's a given that there's other lifeforms, even intelligent lifeforms, somewhere out in the galaxy.

I've always thought that there was an outside chance though that *we* are the advanced lifeforms...and that hundreds of years from now when we are able to galaxy hop at a leisurely pace (here's to hoping , eh?), *we'll* be the mystical aliens landing on some planet, and the lifeforms there will have their collective minds blown.

Our shuttles and satellites will be the blurry pictures on their conspiracy websites, haha.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think the safe bet is in the belief that intelligent life is out there in the galaxy...civilizations so advanced they would appear magical to us.

With that general belief based strictly on probability, I also conclude that our galactic neighbors of sufficient advancement have long ago mapped out the stars in the galaxy, and no doubt at least marked this planet as holding some primitive life forms...

I am on the fense about if they are continuing to visit us...I would like to think they hold a interest in us.

top topics

join