It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks will NOT be abandoned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well here we go folks... straight from the source. The wikileaks twitter page. looks like people are spreading disinfo about them.

SOURCEWikiLeaks will NOT be abandoned. Don't listen to disinfo being spread! We'll issue clarifications soon. Should've done earlier.

hummmmm... wonder who it is

any thoughts ats?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
My first guess of the disinfo source would be cryptome. Didn't that guy break away from wikileaks several years ago? May still be bad blood there.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wikileaks was abandoned long ago and has been under control of "intelligence agencies" for some time now.

Any news to the contrary, is in fact, "disinfo"

In my opinion, of course.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Wikileaks was abandoned long ago and has been under control of "intelligence agencies" for some time now.

Hell...I thought that before the Manning thing.

High five and a star to you sir.

Boo to you Assange.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Hell...I thought that before the Manning thing.

High five and a star to you sir.

Boo to you Assange.

Same here

Very weary since the 9/11 texts

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
it takes years to build trust
and only seconds to destroy it.

I guess the alphabet soup has been
reading the same library books.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Good to know I was getting worried!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Can you provide a source of some sort to back up your claims...?? cause I have never heard of wikileaks being under "intelligent control"

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

use the search function.

theres plenty threads on this topic already.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Since Manning and the US Govt panicing about the 000's of potentially damning emails that could hit the net, wikileaks has stopped the ability to upload documents. this would be until they can build and secure any data transmissions into a revamped secure website under the protection of Icelandic Laws (once the refuge of dodgey banking and impunity).

Possibly due to the exposure TPTB may experience if the emails come out and allow people to back-track where the US Govt policy is really coming from, any and all Govt agencies are monitoring the net traffic going in and out of the website in the hopes of tracking asange's where-abouts (which is possibly a little net cafe in iceland).

without discounting wikileaks so quickly, at least give them a chance to re-group. we all know they are working on a solution, and at least they have made an effort to highlight the injustice and coruption that runs the planet. how many here on ATS have done anything more than just bleating about whats going on and done something?

printed off a few hot topics you are passionate about 500times and gone for a midnight letterbox drop anyone??? well? only $5 buck for 500 sheets of A4.

sheesh - how many letterboxes between your PC and the local doughnut shop?

[edit on 12-7-2010 by CitizenNum287119327]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

You know contributing to the conversation goes along way, instead of spamming waste in these forums... more junk that we don't need. and yes I am well aware of the search function

and thanks for the info citizen... certainly agree

[edit on 12-7-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Guys, let's face it. Wikileaks sold out long ago. They hit the jack pot when Manning was going to give them all of the files that would expose the government's secret. That guy he was talking to could have kept his opinion and only gave out information that wouldn't really give away national secrets... but no they turned him in. Wikileaks is cooperating with the government now. And they haven't really done much except for creating a discussion about what war really is- while distracting people from the real causes of the wars we're in, and, not telling people the truth about how phony the war on terror is. Wikileaks is a distraction. They're just telling stuff we already know. It may be awakening the rest of the masses who are unaware- but it's not like they're telling us anything we don't already know.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Guys, let's face it. Wikileaks sold out long ago. They hit the jack pot when Manning was going to give them all of the files that would expose the government's secret. That guy he was talking to could have kept his opinion and only gave out information that wouldn't really give away national secrets... but no they turned him in. Wikileaks is cooperating with the government now. And they haven't really done much except for creating a discussion about what war really is- while distracting people from the real causes of the wars we're in, and, not telling people the truth about how phony the war on terror is. Wikileaks is a distraction. They're just telling stuff we already know. It may be awakening the rest of the masses who are unaware- but it's not like they're telling us anything we don't already know.

This!

All this and more of this.

Wikileaks is not needed for people to speak up.

We have a million avenues of information.

IF in the end, I am proven wrong on my admitted "gut feeling" (hey, its as good as any ones), I will personally share a super huge apology with Mr Assange.

But nope...I'm sorry...I do not think I live in a world where one man with a laptop, in a backpack, can evade the world's governments while getting away with illegally releasing documents from America's military and remain "uncompromised"

Sorry...I just see this guy as a "face" for a larger machine.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Sometimes conspiracy can go too far. However, I am willing to entertain your idea.

Take one leaked item of your choice that you claim is disinfo, and give us some idea how this disinfo serves a purpose for some PTB.

IF Wikileaks is a disinfo site, you should be able to draw at least one plausible conclusion based on the type and tone of info being "leaked" one would think. So, give us your theory on who is faking leaks (or a specific leak) and how that could be serving some end of theirs.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
if wikileaks is government site then so is ATS

I swear the tinfoil hats must be cutting off circulation lately. Loosen them up and do some reading instead of reacting and perhaps put the paranoia in a box for a day or two. I know lately I've done that myself. I used to be this "government is controlling everything" tinfoil hat but then I woke up.

wikileaks is not working for government. I've been to one of the guy's lectures and they are also on various youtube/dailymotion/icefilms.info/sites

but to be honest nothing that is said will change the mind of the tinfoil hatters, it's like trying to talk to a brick wall, they're belief is 100% fact and everyone elses is lies or "cointelpro"

Course I'll admit don't believe everything you read on internet no matter where it's from. Heck even believing this site as truth is as good as believing encyclopediadramatica or 4chan as truth. Until you get all the facts yourself and not rely on others to get them for you.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
reply to post by LurkerMan

You know contributing to the conversation goes along way, instead of spamming waste in these forums... more junk that we don't need. and yes I am well aware of the search function

and thanks for the info citizen.. certainly agree

[edit on 12-7-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

repeating whats already been repeated in other threads just to bring you up to date isnt the job of those posting in this thread.

inform yourself.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
No, its obviously to pat each other on the back and say how right they were.

Try to be a little less patronising and explain your position rather than slap someone down who has asked a perfectly reasonable question.

And while I'm here, stop being such a paranoid *bleep!*

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Mr Mask

Sometimes conspiracy can go too far.

Agreed...but, are you telling me "mine" on Wikileaks has done so?

However, I am willing to entertain your idea.

Thanks! Mighty nice of you.

Take one leaked item of your choice that you claim is disinfo,

Disinfo? Did I say Wikileaks was a disinfo site? Nope...I think everything they ever posted is legit and real. So, I wouldn't say "disinfo" is my concern.

More like a possible trap.

and give us some idea how this disinfo serves a purpose for some PTB.

By trapping suckas!

IF Wikileaks is a disinfo site, you should be able to draw at least one plausible conclusion based on the type and tone of info being "leaked" one would think.

Ok...I'll see what I can do. Just for you...wouldn't want you thinking I am jumping to conclusions because I think aliens are afoot.

Here is an American Inteligence document on wikileaks (posted in 2008 SECRET/NOFORN, 32 pages) that details Wikileaks as an enemy and a thing to be destroyed. It clearly states the following when giving ideas on how to topple Wikileaks effectively.

American Intel planned to destroy Wikileaks

Here is a nice quote Wikileaks on said document-

``trust as a center of gravity by protecting the anonymity and identity of the insiders, leakers or whistleblowers, the report recommends ``The identification, exposure, termination of employment, criminal prosecution, legal action against current or former insiders, leakers, or whistleblowers could potentially damage or destroy this center of gravity and deter others considering similar actions from using the WikiLeaks.org Web site.

To make big mumbo-jumbo into smaller mumbo-jumbo...that is Assange's site claiming a document from my government's intelligence agencies plotting to "bust a whistle blower (real or planted) and ruin his life utterly and publicly so no others trust wikileaks in the future".

Now...that document is either real or fake. If it is real, then I have proof here that our intelligence agencies are willing to fake a planted W-blower and fake bust his butt to scare people away.

That gives me reasons to wonder..."what else have they plotted" and is it even possible that Assange can actually be doing this and getting away with it while governments hunt him like some vapor or ghost in the night.

Very romantic story indeed...I just do not buy it.

The site is targeted by my country??? Then I bet the site is "dead" already (if it was ever alive to begin with).

Sorry...I just do not see Mr Assange traveling secretly across far off countrysides, equiped with a laptop and backpack alone.

Sounds invented....looks like a trap.

No proof...no reason to think I am right or wrong but a feeling that saves my life when I most need it.

Yknow...the fuzzy worms?

Anyways...yes...Wikileaks seems compromised, that is my thought on this matter.

If proven wrong, I will surly be a most humble man and send a sincere apology for not trusting this "international man of mystery" who escapes our evil clutches each time we swoop for him.

So, give us your theory on who is faking leaks (or a specific leak) and how that could be serving some end of theirs.

It would serve as a smart way to locate and persecute threats to national security.

I would find the CIA a tad dumb if they didn't set up a few dozen sites to pose as fronts for these subjects, just to monitor the wiggling beast that is "electric information" between us all these days...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Sometimes conspiracy can go too far.

Agreed...but, are you telling me "mine" on Wikileaks has done so?

No, but I did need clarification to make that determination. Hence why I asked. Some people go around bleating that everything is disinfo, which is, in my opinion, either paranoia, foolishness, or disinfo itself. Your statement was rather vague, and it was hard to get a feel for what you were trying to say. It seemed at first as if you and others were saying that Assange was a disinfo agent, and that the "leaks" were in fact NOT genuine leaks, but rather were disinfo.

Disinfo? Did I say Wikileaks was a disinfo site? Nope...I think everything they ever posted is legit and real. So, I wouldn't say "disinfo" is my concern.

More like a possible trap.

I find that plausible. That the site itself and its founder could be legit, but has been compromised in such a way that those leaking documents could be endangering themselves. But then I would assume that no one leaks documents without considering that that document might in some way be traced back to them. It hardly seems like a conspiracy is needed to make the conclusion that the people whose secrets you leak are going to do their very best to come after you and punish you for doing so. That just seems obvious.

Now...that document is either real or fake. If it is real, then I have proof here that our intelligence agencies are willing to fake a planted W-blower and fake bust his butt to scare people away.

I dont doubt the possibility that the whole Manning affair could have been a deliberately contrived drama, to erode trust in Wikileaks. But if it was, dont you think it was a bit weak and anemic? After all, Manning did not get busted because of Wikileaks, and their crappy security, Manning got busted because he confessed to someone who was a known attention whore, who had a demonstrated desire to ingratiate himself to the powerful and wealthy.

The underlying message there is, as I see it, not to distrust Wikileaks. Manning was never compromised by Wikileaks. It was to not run your mouth online about your leaking activities to attention seeking sycophants.

It just seems to me that it would have been much more in line with the goal stated in that quote you posted had they spun this in such a way as to make it seem as if they caught Manning because of some flaw in Wikileaks system, rather than because of Mannings confession to someone unsympathetic to the cause.

So, if it is a "plot" it is pretty low quality, and poorly contrived, which then brings us to this;

That gives me reasons to wonder..."what else have they plotted" and is it even possible that Assange can actually be doing this and getting away with it while governments hunt him like some vapor or ghost in the night.

So, you are willing to believe that these agencies would come up with a half baked plant-to-capture-and-destroy-Wkileaks credibility, a plot that if it were true would seem pretty ill conceived at best, (since it failed utterly to make Wikileaks look insecure) but you dont believe that someone who would come up with such a shoddy plot could fail to capture someone who is a moving target with a network of people willing to conceal him.

The site is targeted by my country??? Then I bet the site is "dead" already (if it was ever alive to begin with).

And yet you said that you feel that everything leaked actually IS a genuine leak. I am just trying to get into your head here. Follow your reasoning. So, you feel that everything being leaked is real, but that the site has been hijacked by our intelligence agencies, or possibly was an intelligence site from the very beginning, leaking its own classified documents just to lure out leakers and capture them? When in fact it has not captured a single leaker publicly who did not essentially hand himself over to the wolves by confessing online to a PTB suck up?

No proof...no reason to think I am right or wrong but a feeling that saves my life when I most need it.

Then I highly recommend you personally do not leak any of the classified documents you have access to on Wikileaks. You should listen to your gut, I agree.

Anyways...yes...Wikileaks seems compromised, that is my thought on this matter.

What it seems like to me is that the leaked document you seem to feel is real, that outlines how to destroy trust in Wikileaks has worked brilliantly. You dont trust Wikileaks!

I just dont see how giving the PTB what they want is somehow the desirable end here. If they WANT everyone to fear leaking documents to Wikileaks, (which also seems to undermine the "trap" theory, you would want people to feel relatively safe walking into a trap) you are right in line with their stated goal. You are in exactly the position their leaked memo on Wikileaks wants you to be in. Afraid and distrustful of a site they want you to fear and distrust. And, bonus for them, you are spreading your fear and distrust meme.

It would serve as a smart way to locate and persecute threats to national security.

Not if the net effect is to make people afraid to leak to it. A much more effective way to do that would be to leak dummy documents and make it seem safe as hell for a long period of time until the maximum amount of people began jumping on the "leak everything" bandwagon. It would seem absolutely counterproductive to instill fear of entering the trap in the potential leakers. I know if I want to catch mice, I dont put a cat in the trap, I put something tasty and good for mice in there.

I would find the CIA a tad dumb if they didn't set up a few dozen sites to pose as fronts for these subjects, just to monitor the wiggling beast that is "electric information" between us all these days...

Why would they have to? All they have to do is monitor legitimate sites. Why expose themselves to the risk of being caught out in an electronic trail of setting traps for their own people, which would hurt their pretense of "protecting us" by setting up traps when all they have to do is come and read sites like ATS, identify the people who pose a real threat to them, (sort out the loons) and monitor those people secretly? Someone else pays all the start up costs, they dont have to worry about making it look authentic, or the hit or miss nature of creating a popular website, etc. They absolutely have their cake and can eat it too by infiltrating real sites rather than making one of their own.

These people are not Gods. They are human. Many of them are very intelligent, which makes them dangerous, but they are dangerous humans, not supernatural beings. One of the reasons they have us carrying tracking devices, and using electronic money, and installing cameras and recording devices everywhere is because it is not easy to track one little human in a huge world without those things. While I DO think that Assange is seeking publicity for his own safety, (so that it is slightly less likely they will just quietly shoot him,) and that that is making the story look suspiciously romanticized, I dont have any problem believing that one human who is very aware of how they track your movements, could elude capture for quite a long time. It happens all the time, where even some petty criminals of modest intelligence elude capture and make our officials look a bit foolish.

I certainly do not feel it my place, nor is it my intent to persuade you out of your "gut feeling." I just wanted to get some insight into the reasoning behind it, and I have, so thank you. I personally think your "gut feeling" is a planted one. It is of note to me that you are exhibiting exactly the feelings the presumably leaked intelligence document wanted you to have. Which doesnt lead me to believe you are psychic, or highly intuitive, but rather susceptible to propaganda.

top topics

join