It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia - I am Curious

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
These questions are for OzWeatherman ,Chadwickus and any other Ozzies that wish to chime in.
I have always been fascinated with Australia and it is on my "bucket list" of places to visit during my stay here on Earth.
It seems Australia has such unique features and history. A place left alone to evolve, hosting distinct wildlife, plants and peoples.
My questions are:
What mysteries intrigue you the most about your Country?
What are some of your folklore?
Are there any anomalies or phenomenon that no one can really explain?
What are your thoughts/experiences on some of the more mystical aspects of the Aborigine people?
Do you have a bigfoot legend?
Does Australia have any unique customs that can only be found there?
Do you have an area 51?
What are your favorite things about Australia?

I am hoping one of you guys, and I point out OW and CW because you guys seem pretty sharp and experienced with dealing with strangeness and/or topics of fascination, will start a thread on Australian lore, mysteries, or something along those lines.
Yes I can do my own research, but I would rather take advantage of my membership here and listen to those that are actually there and "awake."

Respectfully,
speculativeoptimist

[edit on 11-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

A lot of aboriginal folklore, and reports of "alien beings" within aboriginal history

See above

There are many UFO sightings which still remain unexplained. One of the most prominent ones is the case of missing pilot Fredrik Valentich. I did a thread on it a while back (will link it at the end for you). Plus we have our very own Bigfoot type creature, that we call a Bunyip

What are your thoughts/experiences on some of the more mystical aspects of the Aborigine people?

Not really into that aspect of aboriginal culture

Yep, the Bunyip

Apart from aboriginal customs, we dont. But the culture of our natives is worth while going into. A good place to start is if you google google "dreamtime"

Do you have an area 51?

Well our spy base, pine gap is alleged to be like area 51, and so is the Woomera test range. Ive actually lived in Woomera,(and am currently in the process of trying to get a transfer back there), and there are "secret" tests that occur out on the range, and they do have a secret hangar there. I cant tell you much more about it, and i certainly cant tell you if Ive seen anything (I havent seen anything, and if I did, I wouldnt be telling anyone, lol)

Hope that helps

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Not sure if I can give a great answer to some of those, but Ive lived here all my life so ill give it a shot.

The egyptian hieroglyphs, the supposed pyramids. The aboriginal cave art depicting planes and boats, suggesting contact before the brittish even arrived news.nationalgeographic.com... I believe the chinese and egyptians both visited before the brittish. Also the cave art of typical grey aliens, and the stories claiming they came from the stars.

I believe they were one of if not the most spiritually advanced culture on the planet. It was necessary that TPTB destroy their truth/knowledge. They believed the waking life is the dream and your dreams are closer to actual reality. They believed all things had a spirit or consciousness, even the rocks had spirit. They were advanced shamans, and were master travellers of the spirit world. Very very little reamins of their knowledge, what does is distorted and hard to decode the message.

Similar, its called the yowie. There are apparently also remains of giant human/hominids about 20feet tall.

Do you have an area 51?

Pine gap.

The people, laid back and friendly for the most part. The weathers pretty good up here in the sunshine state, oh and the beaches I love going to the great barrier reef.

I take it from your avatar your into meditation, well I should tell ya somthing. The whole country is charged with a spiritual energy that must have remained from possibly as far back as lemurian times. Just walking through bush alone you get a mystical feeling Ive not felt any where else in the world, the land is old and wise. There used to be natural stargates all over the country where the aboriginees would just teleport to where they want to go, and the charged remains of these sites still exist. Compared to other countries you'll find and unusually high amount of wanderers/lightworkers and general new agers considering the population size.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hi, sorry I am too tired to include references so I will just give you what I know take it.:

Ancient civilisations pre-Aboriginal – they built pyramids, had cities and some even look like they may have come from Egypt and Scandinavia (Vikings).

A personal archaeologist friend of mine has found an abandoned city in far north Queensland. There are very attractive broken pottery pieces strewn all over the ground. I have a piece he bought back for me. The markings look ancient Greek / Mediterranean. When I get time I have been meaning to post images here. Please DO NOT U2U ME – I will get to it when I get to it.

They are many stories of big cats – panthers – of Yowies (Big foot) – 2 species, a shorter version.

I also know for a fact that there is a small community of Thylacines living in the wild around Gippsland on the mainland. Some scientists and animal lovers joined forces years ago when they saw the Tasmanian thylacine numbers plummeting. Luckily they captured 6 adult pairs and released them into similar terrain on the mainland. The site is highly guarded now and off limits to all but a few. How do I know? Because one was shot by a farmer in 1996 after he found something was killing his sheep. He thought it was a wild dog and shot it at night. When it was realised it was a thylacine the whole story was buried.

There are lots weird vortexes, and places where cars go up hill by themselves. There is a MASSIVE UFO sighting in 1966 at the Westall School in Victoria. The whole event was recorded in the news, but then got buried. There is a new doco about it out now well worth watching.

If you bother to talk to them and gain their trust they will tell you all about their "space brothers".

Yes, "Yowie" - two species

Yes, our slang / colloquialisms. But if you are American do not try and use it. You will only bring humiliation and ridicule upon yourself.

Do you have an area 51?

Yes – Pine Gap – I know for FACT that there are at LEAST 32 levels underground – but there could be more. They also use it to communicate and intercept ET communications. It has something to do with being in the Southern Hemisphere why they can only do it from there. It also has “Echelon” which intercepts and reads/flags EVERY email, cell phone call, FAX, telephone – ALL electronic forms of communication.

There is also a large antenna array (Over the Horizon) not far from Pine Gap for this use.

Another area where they test captured UFO’s is at the old missile testing ground at Woomera. Yes, I have seen them with my own eyes.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Do you have an area 51?
I am hoping one of you guys, and I point out OW and CW because you guys seem pretty sharp and experienced with dealing with strangeness and/or topics of fascination, will start a thread on Australian lore or something along those lines.
Yes I can do my own research, but I would rather take advantage of my membership here and listen to those that are actually there and "awake."
Respectfully,
specopt

What intrigues me the most about our Land Of Aus is that there is so much yet to be discovered.
Many more mysteries still to be found in our beautiful Outback and the surrounding Islands.

Our Folklore is wide and varied, as we are made up of quite a mixture of people. This ranges from Aboriginals right through to Irish and English.

When it comes to Aboriginal Lore, there is a lot.
There are many a differing tribes, and each has its own Lore and Legend. Most aboriginals do follow the Dreaming though. You may have to be a bit more specific on your question re this!

One of the mysteries I find most fascinating, and I have spoken to an Elder about these, are the Min Mins.
There is not a lot of information written down on these things.
But they appear pretty much all over Aus (more so in South Australia and Queensland), and are lights that appear from nowhere. They follow you. But if you follow them, you wont be seen again.

Yes we have a Bigfoot Legend, its called the Yowie!

We also have the Bunyip, but he is just a run of the mill Crypto creature, not related to Bigfoot.

Yes we have an area 51, this is called Pine Gap.

Culture / Customs:

We dont really have many customs or traditions to be honest with you.

Each and every part of Australia is within a distance of 1000km from ocean or a beach.

30,028 square km of land is under cattle ranch. This area size is almost the same as that of the whole Belgium.

People of Queensland in Australia are called “Banana Benders” and “Sand Gropers” is the name given to the people from Western Australia .

We believe you should look out for your mates.

We dislike being mistaken for Pommies (Brits) when abroad.

We drink anything with alcohol in it.

"There is no better way of life in the world than that of the Australian. I firmly believe this. The grumbling, growling, cursing, profane, laughing, beer drinking, abusive, loyal-to-his-mates Australian is one of the few free men left on this earth. He fears no one, crawls to no one, bludgers on no one, and acknowledges no master. Learn his way. Learn his language. Get yourself accepted as one of him; and you will enter a world that you never dreamed existed. And once you have entered it, you will never leave it." Nino Culotta - They're a weird mob, 1957

www.convictcreations.com...

www.zompist.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thank you for the reply and I will check out your thread on Valentich.
I will also check out the Bunyip stories and Aborigine Dreamtime.
Yes, you were helpful and I enjoy your work here at ats and appreciate your civility.
Edit to add: I will look into Devil's Marbles and Wycliffe Well.
Thanks again,
speculativeoptimist

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Thank you polarwarrior for the reply. Chinese and Egyptian visitors and hieroglyphs? Well that should be cool to dig into, thanks for the link!

I hear ya on the squashing of ancient truth and knowledge, can't have the common folk too edumucated now.

The Aborigine insight in appreciated and I am so fascinated with them I think I am going to do my research paper on their culture and history.

Yowie, 20 feet tall?!?! Wow! I'll read up on some of the sightings.

Pine Gap, I will have to look into.

Spiritual energy sounds really cool and I would consider ya'll fortunate in that sense, imo.

I did not realize the lore of the Lemurians was in Australia. I wonder it was that before it broke off into an island? I'll dig into it.

Stargates? Well that is one I did not expect to hear....awesome!

Yes the mystical attributes of Australia are quite alluring to me and I hope to soak it up some time.

Thank you again for your thoughts,
speculativeoptimist

[edit on 12-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Ooops, I forgot to include the link for that thread, so hear it is

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I just thought of another one, check out the "Devils Marbles", and Wycliffe Well. Both those places have been UFO hotspots for the country for years now. Ive been to both and actually stayed at the Wycliffe Well camp grounds.

Devils Marbles is a freaky place on its own...I would never go there alone

And as for UFO's at Woomera, I have lived there, and worked right on the edge of the main runway. Havent seen any UFO's take off, lol. A few UAV's and other military aircraft but definently no UFOS'

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

No problem that you are tired, get some rest. Thank you for the reply and I will take what you offer an dig in with my own research.

Vikings? That is new to me, sounds interesting.

Looking forward to a post on Queensland archeological findings.

Okay, so there are 2 kinds of bigfoot there, I wonder if they are ever sighted in the same regions or if they reisde in their own areas...I'll look into it.

Is there a name/link for the Westall documentary? I'll Google it.

Ha ha, I will not try and use your slang, don't worry, I don't want to insult
anyone or sound foolish.

Pine Gap sounds pretty elaborate, and I did not know Echelon was there.

I will check out Woomera too.

Thanks again,
speculativeoptimist

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Thank you The_Seeker for the reply, and that is a great point, the undiscovered!

Surrounding islands...I did not know of these.

True, specifics would be in order regarding such a multi-faceted subject as the Aborigines. I think I am going to do a resarch paper on them and find out all that I can.

Where does the phrase "banana bender" come from? I would guess it is those that harvest banana's?

I'll never assume anyone is a Brit while I'm there, thanks for the heads up.

I dig your avatar, very cool plant!
Well cheers to the" weird mob," and thanks again for the perspective.

Grateful,
speculativeoptimist

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Howdy speculativeoptimist, thanks for the kind words, you definitely should come to Australia! It's not all deadly snakes and spiders and jelly fish and birds and marsupials and.... you get the idea!

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can, my answers won't be as outlandish as some above, the natural stargates is a goodun, where are they now?

Anywho...

Australia seems to be a bit of a hotbed for secret stuff carried out by the USA and England, not so much these days, although the poms are/were testing some fancy UAV's at Woomera, as Oz mentioned.

But back in the day, there was a lot of military stuff going on, all over the place.

Nuke tests off the WA coast, British version of the V2 rocket being built and tested.

For something a little more fringe I have heard of a story from a good friend about a spot somewhere near the Great Australian Bite, A family and their young child parked at a rest stop to take in the view when the child's manner seemed to change.

He wandered off towards the cliff edge, stopped and pointed and said "This is where I died"

Spooky enough in itself but firstly the child could barely speak, yet was able to compose a perfect sentence and secondly, the family later found out that a child the same age as theirs had fallen off that exact cliff years earlier.

As has been said, most comes from Aboriginal dream time but there are a few stories that have become part of our folklore such as Ned Kelly, Captain Cook, the Batavia mutiny, Banjo Patterson should be mentioned too.

The lights seen out at Wycliffe Well, I have also heard of other lights/orbs elsewhere seen by a good friend, who I know isn't having a lend.

Well I think they're just stories told by people with a vivid imagination, but they do have a connection to the land, not so many these days though...that's a whole different discussion there!

Yup, as mentioned the Yowie is a popular one

Nothing really unique, although Australia Day is uniquely ours, where one has to have a barbie and play cricket, or at least watch the cricket

Do you have an area 51?

Pine gap, as has been said is popular for that and no it doesn't have 32 levels below ground and there's no UFO base there, or Woomera.

We do have a few interesting places though, like Jindallee, the Echelon base in Geraldton and Harold E. Holt base.

Too many to list!

The people, the culture, the sport, the wilderness, there are some simply stunning places in the middle of nowhere.

I am hoping one of you guys, and I point out OW and CW because you guys seem pretty sharp and experienced with dealing with strangeness and/or topics of fascination, will start a thread on Australian lore, mysteries, or something along those lines.

Respectfully,
speculativeoptimist

There probably are a few threads about things discussed so far, I know Pine gap has been discussed quite a bit and I've covered a couple of UFO sightings from the 60's that were quite intriguing.

I'm also in the progress of writing up a thread about the Batavia mutiny, I might get to it one day.

Anyway hope this helps with your research into Australia.

All the best!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thank you for the welcoming reply Chadwickus!
I like a little "outlandishness" as well as sensible and grounded perspectives, and I appreciate the latter from members like yourself. I have been humbled a few occasions since joining up, but I consider it growth and I am strong enough to admit when I am wrong. Still though it is a fun journey sometimes digging in to find out for oneself. That effort , however, would be incomplete without a healthy dose of skepticism/realism.

Nuke tests, huh? Did not know this, is the area inhabitable today?

The story of the child at Great Australian Bite sounds interesting, especially the fact that he was barley able to speak. Reincarnation? Possession? A temporary Medium? I will follow up on it.

"Ned Kelly, Captain Cook, the Batavia mutiny, Banjo Patterson should be mentioned too." Thanks

Barbies and cricket, ahhh, good food, camaraderie, sports and beer seem to have universal appeal. Are you by chance into our football any? I'm a Saint's fan, "whodat!"

Yes the wild areas there are definitely something I hope to soak up, with some guidance of course.

Look forward to the post on Batavia mutiny!

Thanks much Chadwickus, you have been most helpful and hospitable, and you guys have expanded my interest and fascination as well as heightened my ambition for a visit.

Respect,
speculativeoptimist

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Pine gap, as has been said is popular for that and no it doesn't have 32 levels below ground and there's no UFO base there, or Woomera...

So I can only assume you have never been there in person with an "Above Top Secret" clearance? I have. It amazes me how many "experts" there are that never quite venture past their computer desk yet know all there is to know about everywhere in the world. Truly a remarkable gift!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Thank you The_Seeker for the reply, and that is a great point, the undiscovered!

Surrounding islands...I did not know of these.

True, specifics would be in order regarding such a multi-faceted subject as the Aborigines. I think I am going to do a resarch paper on them and find out all that I can.

Where does the phrase "banana bender" come from? I would guess it is those that harvest banana's?

I'll never assume anyone is a Brit while I'm there, thanks for the heads up.

I dig your avatar, very cool plant!
Well cheers to the" weird mob," and thanks again for the perspective.

Grateful,
speculativeoptimist

We have a number of smaller islands of our Coasts. Some of these islands they have discovered Petroglyphs / hieroglyphs and the like inside caves on these things. Totally fascinating.

Banana Benders are called that as they grow a majority of our crops there! We Aussies like to state the obvious
hehe

I am so glad you noticed my plant. Its one of my fav Aussie naturals. This is grown on the West coast and is called, as its nickname, the Aussie Christmas tree.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I am so glad you noticed my plant. Its one of my fav Aussie naturals.

Yea I'm a big fan of natural beauty also, poetic aesthetics to inspire and calm all that take notice.
I made a couple o posts with that in mind, hoping to provide a bright little spot on our otherwise doom and gloom status.
Birds Of Paradise - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Flower Power - www.abovetopsecret.com...

I bet you guy's have some awesome and unique plants/flowers. I'm going to check it out.
Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

It's also amazing how many people boast about having "above top secret clearance" yet have nothing to back it up...

This isn't the thread for this anyway, why not start a thread and tell us about your adventures at Pine Gap.

I would honestly like to hear it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Taking a holiday in Australia next year so this thread is useful.

If there was one place in Australia worth seeing more than any other what would it be?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Come and see the Blue Mountains!
I know some awesome bushwalks and trails that are incredibly energising.
Oh, and Sydney Harbour too.
Manly ferry and Bundeena Nat. Park! wooHOO!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Mate i live in Central Queensland . 30 mins way from the beach & about an hour from away from the bush . Australia has got so many beautiful places to see from the outback to the Great barrier reef

top topics

<<   2 >>

join