It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people so upset that the oil leak disaster has lasted 82 days? Relax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's been 2,859 days since Osama Bin Laden has been on the lam. Patience people, patience. All good things will come to those who wait.

(p.s., this is sarcasm).

:bnghd:

"All hail thermal expansion"

[edit on 11-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
hmm...I guess my title was too vague, or I should have put this in the BP section. All that calculation for nothing. Oh well, at least I can now keep a running tab.

I wonder if I keep adding to this total every day how many people will get annoyed by it. Only one way to try!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Good post, good point. Another "forever war" only it's against a force of nature not a human enemy. Give them a few thousand more days, I'm sure it will run out eventually.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I believe what people are upset about is the following: The governments ineptness on dealing with diseasters when they needed to, the lack of response on the part of the government to actually do something, the fact that for a good part of that time BP was calling the shots, and the media blackout/censorship are pretty good reasons for people being upset.
During Katrina, there was more coverage, than there is with the BP oil spill, and no media black out, we could at least see that the government was inept there.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There is one good side to the oil disaster lasting 82 days. Just imagine how far more advanced underwater rovers are getting in order to adapt to these new challenges..

Some of the best things that we all use on a daily basis were envisioned and invented in a time of war or crises.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
A lot of local business has lost money because of the oil spill. And the responsible people fail to take accountability for their mistakes! Obviously during a time of economic doubt, no one really wants to hear of a business going under (and unable to even operate for like over 11 weeks) because some bigger business will fail to act according to reason and logic.

new topics

top topics

join