It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's spotted in the sky - July 3rd - Alberta, Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Last weekend I was camping with some friends at Burnt Timber campground, West of Sundre, Alberta Canada. From what I remember it was Saturday, July 3rd during the night. Some of us were sitting around the campfire, I looked up at the sky and saw two lights, one following the other directly behind it. The two lights moved from the left side of my vision to my right side. I told my friends to look up and they saw them also. One of my friends said they were satellites, that seemed plausible, but I wasnt sure, the two lights following each other like that seemed odd. I could not tell you the exact time of the sightings, but it was at night. I have not thought much about it since, probably because I thought I would never know more about it and it might just have been satellites.

Today I checked
www.aufosg.com... (Alberta UFO Study Group)
I checked their sightings section and was suprised to see many similar sightings reported about July 3rd. Some of them are more detailed and interesting then my sighting.

Alberta Beach, Alberta - July 3rd, 11:45 PM
www.aufosg.com...

Medicine Hat, Alberta - July 3rd, 11:45 PM
www.aufosg.com...

Turner Valley, Alberta - July 3rd, 11:15 PM
www.aufosg.com...

Nordegg, Alberta - July 3rd, 1:30 AM
www.aufosg.com...

Cold Lake, Alberta - July 3rd 11:15 PM
www.aufosg.com...
Ther person who reported the Cold Lake sighting also posted a correction report saying

Correction: Objects moved from West to East, then turned South. Sorry for the mistake.

www.aufosg.com...

Hinton, Alberta - July 3rd, 11:30 PM
www.aufosg.com...

Edmonton, Alberta - July 3rd, 11:30 PM
An image was included with the report.
www.aufosg.com...

There was also a sighting over Calgary, its a bit different type of sighting because the witness says they saw it as an object, although two lights were spotted on it, which compares to the two lights spotted in some of the sightings around the same time.
Calgary, Alberta - July 3rd, 11:30 PM
The witness describes what they saw

I didn't have time to grab my camera as I didn't want to lose site of the object. What I saw was a long object without wings flying less than a mile high with only one white light in the front and one on the rear. These lights gave me some idea of the size and it was larger than a 747 flying low on it's a landing path. The object made no sound at all and was moving so slow that I thought at first it was an oval shaped object similiar to a dirigible due to the slow glide almost floating but then I realized that it was moving too fast for a glider and on a straight path west to east. The lights were not flashing at all which is odd for any aircraft at low altitude. I could barely make out the shape of the rear and it looked more like a wide belly with sides that extended out unlike a tail of an aircraft but more like the tale of a triangular shaped object.

Theres more included in the description/sighting report if you want to read it.
www.aufosg.com...

I googled "lights in the sky july 3 2010 alberta" and found these reported sightings

Vermillion, Alberta - July 3rd - 11:30 PM
the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com...

Gull Lake, west of Blackfalds, Alberta - July 3rd - 11:36 PM
the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com...

Near Cluny, Alberta - July 3rd - 11:30 PM - 11:45 PM
ufo-tv.com...

From reading this reported sightings it sounds like the objects were sighted mostly between 11:15 PM and 11:45 PM on July 3rd.
The Nordegg Alberta sighting is the only reported sighting that I posted that appears out of this time range. According to the witness it was spotted on July 3rd at 1:30 AM, which means it would have been spotted approximately 22 hours prior to the other sightings. Either the witness did see the objects 22 hours prior or the witness actually witnessed them on July 4th at 1:30 AM or the witness reported the time incorrectly.

What could they have been?
Satallites? Planes? Helicopters? UFO's? (I guess they are UFO's because know ones seems to know what they are, haha)

Ill try to find some more information on these sightings and will continue to post what I find.

Cheers

[edit on 11-7-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I took a map of Alberta and decided to circle all the cities/towns, etc where the lights/object were reportedly seen.

I had to manually write in some locations because they did not appear on the map. So the locations might be a bit off, but it should not be by much.

Cold lake was the furthest north (I circled the lake) and Medicine Hat was the furthest south of all locations.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0beb549db68.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 11-7-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I looked this up in a different thread. The ISS was passing over Alberta at that time followed by the Progress 38 resupply ship.

Edit : links

ISS pass summary

Progress 38

[edit on 7/11/2010 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Thanks for the reply.
Could you provide a link/links that show this.
The lights I saw didnt do anything spectacular from what I remember, except follow each other. However others reported the lights/object doing more interesting things, if you read the reports.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Links above.
ISS pass visible in Three Hills from 23:32 - 23:38.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Thanks.
Well that might be what I saw, but others seemed to think they saw three lights or an actual object.

Not sure if what you posted could account for those sightings.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I saw them as well, I was wondering if it was the supply ship. When we saw the lights the little light chasing the bigger one did seem to catch the big one.

If it was the supply ship, why 2 lights?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyGirl

Thanks for the response.
Im not exactly sure what you mean?
The first light would of been the ISS and the second light would of been the resupply ship which would be following the ISS, hence the two lights.

Or did you see more then two lights?

Cheers

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Just saw the two lights, I did not realize that it was the supply ship meeting the ISS. On Sunday's my brain is not as quick sometimes to catch onto stuff.

Very cool to know that this is what I saw. I guess I will still have to wait to see my first ufo.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
wow great info collected here... keep up the good work

top topics

join