It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Not Authorized to See These Pictures of the Oil Spill, Citizen ... Do Not Look!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I haven't cared since the beginning who was or is responsible. Too many people wasted time arguing about that at the outset when they should have been working on the problem. The government apparently either thought that BP was best equipped to deal with the situation or they thought that the most responsible should be made to fix their mess. I don't care I'm just saying it should never have been allowed to happen in the first place. I'm reaching the end of my time on earth but I want my children to see a brighter future than the one that appears to be unfolding. I've been waiting for an end to war my entire life. It is completely unnecessary and has caused part of the problem by using a majority of our dwindling resources which could have been used to create the development of devices to do away with the use of petroleum. This should have been started a long time before we reached peak oil.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

You have got to be leary of The Intel Hub. I dont know where they get the tips they claim, but that story has got to be one of the most outlandish I have ever seen.

EyeHeartBigfoot, dont let that distract you...carry on with this thread.
A picture is worth a thousand words...
Those pictures convey what words cannot!

See you tomorrow!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
The only good thing about this is that it is bringing to the public awareness how controlling our propaganda machine is.

And what exactly is it they are controlling? Are they controlling the public by keeping the public from seeing how bad this really is? Well if you ask me they're doing a lousy job because 100% of the people you talk to think it's a major disaster. And if they are so controlling why does the MSM on every network repeatedly tell the public that this thing is bad, people are getting sick, BP is blocking reporters, BP doesn't care, etc... if you ask me the "propaganda machine" is working around the clock to make sure the public is aware of just how bad this is.

You are right... we do have a controlling propaganda machine and I don't think they've taken a hiatus during this "disaster in the Gulf."

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hopefully "deep sleep" is a theory that proves false...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

We will see you tomorrow.

In hindsight, I should not have even wasted a post/time on it. I was just amazed how many times that 711 prophecy story kept popping up during my search for additional pictures.

Thank you for your kind words and truly appreciate you keeping me grounded with intelligent dialogue.

Warmest Regards,
thom

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Let me see if I've got this right.

It was "okay" to show pictures of drowned victims of Katrina on the news...

But it's not "okay" to show drowned oil covered animals on the news.

Correct?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

You are right... we do have a controlling propaganda machine and I don't think they've taken a hiatus during this "disaster in the Gulf."

I dont disagree. I am just glad that the public is becoming aware of how controlling the propaganda machine is, in general. I dont discount that the oil spill itself is being propagandized. I dont discount that the border issue is being propagandized. I dont discount ANY of the propaganda that is going on, has been going on, and will be going on.

I am just glad that the people are becoming aware of how propaganda is being used, and how differing economic forces try to manipulate the images we see, in order to manipulate our feelings, and the level of information we have, which in turn affects how we vote, and how we try to control the direction OUR country takes. And it is OUR country, it doesnt just belong to the wealthy who have control over what we see.

You cant look critically at the crap fed to you by the media unless and until you become aware that there is a problem. When one economic force, (corporate forces and their politicians,) clash with other corporate forces (the media) it is an opportunity to see through the illusion of a "free" press. It is an opportunity to begin to realize that we are being manipulated and controlled, on many levels. For profit.

This oil spill IS a disaster. That in itself is not a lie. You can pity BP all you like. They dont deserve it. They will walk away from this far better off financially than they deserve, just like most corporations do. They will have a huge judgment against them to satisfy us, but years later when we are busy with the next media campaign, it will be quietly reduced, and they will go on about their business.

But people are beginning to see the machinery behind the curtain. They are becoming aware that they are being manipulated and controlled via images or lack thereof. And for that I am grateful. Nothing is more diabolically enslaving than the illusion of freedom, and it is starting to fray at the seams. The fact that a little spat between two forces who normally collaborate is helping this illusion to fail does not bother me in the least.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I completely understand. I do a lot of digging and encounter those same sensational stories.
They do have wild imaginations, I will say that for them. LOL, and even here, manydo.

So, see you tomorrow, and the day after!

I would like to add a few pictures here from Prince William Sound. The oil is still there after 20 years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6262decff401.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01a3fbe85af8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab1a034d4b46.jpg[/atsimg]
Photos courtesy of:
www.themudflats.net...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

When one economic force, (corporate forces and their politicians,) clash with other corporate forces (the media) it is an opportunity .....

But you see... they don't clash. The corporations, politician/government and the media are the same entity. They NEVER clash. They pretend to clash like when Anderson Cooper gets upset because BP won't let them in the area, or because BP won't come on for an interview, but that's all staged. That's what they do. they are all on the same team. They meticulously work together to create illusions. The "art of deception." These people have deception down to a science.

This oil spill IS a disaster. That in itself is not a lie.

Really... have you taken a submersible down to the well lately. This is the perfect type of event and perfect place to stage an illusion:... far away from prying eyes, 41 miles off shore, 5,000 feet below the sea and not one honest soul allowed near the area thanks to the criminals who run the illusion ...BP.

But people are beginning to see the machinery behind the curtain.

Yes... and that machinery operates effectively on ATS as well. I hope they can see it here.

The fact that a little spat between two forces who normally collaborate ...

There is no "little spat." You have to understand these people are high paid professional con artists... the best liars money can buy... there is no "spat".... it's called "acting." Why do you think the anchor women look like models? They're actors not journalists. They act exactly as they are told. Everything they do, what they're gonna say is preplanned. These people don't suddenly, out of the blue, "get a heart" and start deviating from the planned script and start reporting the truth.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Not to derail the topic, but what is your opinion of the reporting in the subject video in this thread? Maybe you could take a look if you haven't already seen it and either post a reply there or U2U me? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yes... MSM has been reporting on the toxicity and the dangers of the corexit for quite a while and this falls in line with the possible objective: get the people out of the area. The corexit is a real problem and threat whereas the "gusher" may be totally staged. The chemicals from the corexit may evaporate and disperse from the area after one or two years after the population has vacated. If the objective is to get the useless eaters out of the area without permanently harming the environment, using a staged oil spill as an excuse to use the temporarily toxic corexit to poison the population as well as scare them out of the area is a good strategy.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yea, i think im going to try to enjoy my last year(s) of simpleness...before food is a rarity. Revolution. I'll keep hoping my friends.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Sad day in the land of the free when nobody is free!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Gave you a star for your find but just can't look.

Too heart broken and mad already that the people that head the corporations involved haven't been strung up.

It is now day 84 and the oil keeps gushing (it was never a spill).

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The webpage at www.georgewashington2.blogspot.com... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Oh burn, well I wonder what happened there.

EDIT:

yay...

Back up

[edit on 12-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I didn't look at the photo's because I've seen enough, and can't take anymore.

But I'm so fed up with what I perceive to be not doing enough. The efforts aren't enough, the clean up is not enough, the marine life rescues are not enough.

I don't want the 'best minds in the country' working on this. I want the best minds in the world working on it, and that is not happening.

It's been repeatedly offered, but refused. Pride? False Pride?

There are many options they have in terms of equipment, but are taking months to "test" it? Do what? Test it in the Water. Idiots.

This situation is so vastly beyond worrying about profit it's grotesque. But that is where they are stuck, and will apparently always be stuck.

Wouldn't it be nice to have these money-grubbing corporatists in confinement for about a week?

When they get hungry, bring them a plate of money.
When they get thirsty, bring them a glass of money.
When they want to shower, have money come from the showerhead.
When they want to see their families, have dolls stuffed with more money.

Tell them "but I thought it's what you wanted, what you most value in life?"

I would love to make them wallow in it.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm empathetic to where the government is more than likely coming from on this issue..

This is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like Katrina. Or Hiroshima for that matter.

On a scale of 1-10 in comparison to this thing, Katrina was a 2 and Hiroshima was a 6/7.

Granted the human toll is obscenely less, but the permanent resounding byproducts of this are just astronomical in size.

Hiroshima was capable of being hidden because it vaporized most of it's destruction and casualties, leaving for the most part invisible damage behind with radiation.

This is visually in your face. The genocide for lack of a better word, of this area of the ocean. I say genocide because they are KNOWINGLY killing sea life in addition to trying to save some.

Birds are easy to clean, hey lets help them and take photographs for positive publicity. But dolphins and sea turtles are a pain, round them up and burn them!

For people to actually be aware of the full scale of this disaster, ESPECIALLY visually is enough to break almost anyone. If the majority of the public was truly aware beyond what is being controlled for release.

Our economy would collapse in a week as people went nuts, quit work to help. Started killing officials.

You can always hope for the best in humanity, but in situations like this. You really have to ask yourself, what good does knowing do?

If they did like the old news of REAL journalist news. And put a 2-3 hour special on during prime time so everyone could watch. And all they saw was the actual damage caused, not the byproduct of people losing jobs or small patches of oils on boats or sand. The country would simply go bonkers.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
To see photos like this is, in some way, bringing the observer into the plight of the observed. All in life is connected. All want to survive.
But this horror is just beginning. Here in Canada the summer is passing and soon birds will be migrating. Many to the oils soaked areas where the creatures in the photos met their fate. Birds from the far north. Canada geese and even the northern loon; our nation bird. No warnings can be given and migration paths cannot be changed.
But he whole story gets farther and farther back in the news.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SimplyGord

Someone needs to find a way to fake birds navigational trajectory to make them land somewhere safe. All this science and we can't tell a damned bird "Sorry it's not safe here, Try California".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join