It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreigners as Human Shield for Gaza Farmers Against Israeli Firing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The video shows Gaza farmers trying to harvest their crops in buffer zone on their land with foreigners being human shield to them and trying to stop gun fire from Israel. Ir's a 2 minutes video but reflects the daily occurring in the lives of people living there and some brave souls helping them. The video was posted on July 11 so I take it it's relatively new.

As a Libyan backed aid ship sails for the Gaza Strip, another group of international activists has been defying the blockade, but this time on the land.

Foreigners acting as human shields have been helping farmers in Gaza harvest their crops.

About 30 per cent of Gaza's arable land is on the border with Israel and the area has been declared a buffer zone by the Israeli army.

Palestinian farmers risk being shot with live fire for working their fields.

Nicole Johnston reports from Bani Salah.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What a way to live. And just how many Israelis have died in the past 8 years or so?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That is crazy. I can't believe people would shoot wheat harvesting humans. I farm and I would shoot back.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thing is a foreigner in the video tries to reason with Israeli soldier through megaphone to not shoot them and saying, "this is not right" and again getting shot at. That line really broke my heart.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
this is crap. shooting people just because they are getting food.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Iserail will have to come up with move videos like the one where a man walks through a solid section of steel during the attack on the peace protestors becaue the seem to be lossing the media war even with them owning most of the worlds main stream press.

Originally posted by Str8Jackit
That is crazy. I can't believe people would shoot wheat harvesting humans. I farm and I would shoot back.

Thats why we need sanctions so sticks and stones only please else the IDF might have trouble from wet pants and you would not want to do the dry cleaning would you now

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a few minutes ago i have argued with a friend about how Israel is evil She ended the conversation by saying she is never going to talk to me anymore

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
These are brave individuals alright. Israel's gutless troops want to open fire on anyone standing together with the Palestinians.

This has been quite an effective strategy in keeping the average good samaritan away and ensures further isolation of a people.

Good always prevails, it just takes time. The world is waking up to this mess and more importantly seeing it for just what it is.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
a few minutes ago i have argued with a friend about how Israel is evil She ended the conversation by saying she is never going to talk to me anymore
i might not talk to you anymore either. israel is not evil, parts of the government and military are.
blanket statements like this make one assume you also believe all israelis are evil, bar none.
if you said america is evil, i'd argue the point since i'm an american. i am not evil.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

I still can't get over that video. Too bad for them the full version got released. And, yes...look for the chatter back to start intensifying. Maybe this time we can stop it before they destroy Lebanon again, or someone else.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
What a way to live. And just how many Israelis have died in the past 8 years or so?

About 400:

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This may cost me my future and I am sure I will get bashed by a lot of members, but I can be silent no longer. The truth will set me free of my guilt that has eaten me as I haven't (until now) exposed what I know to anyone but family and a few friends.

While working for a major corporation throughout the Middle-east and Africa, I had the great privilege to spend a lot of time in Palestine and Israel. I worked side by side both peoples and have many good friends from both sides. First and foremost, neither the Israeli nor the Palestinian people are evil. Each want the same thing, good jobs to give their children better lives than the previous generation AND everyone I met want the hostilities to end. BUT there are a powerful groups controlling each government. The Palestinians have very little influence at all, they are bullied by a few militant groups and they fear for their lives if they cross them. The Israelis are like us, apathetic and withdrawn as they get their TV, food, and the American way of life.

Having said that, the following is my assessment: The Israeli government is out of control and abusing the Palestinian people nearly as bad as the Jewish people were abused by European governments. It's like the abused child that grows up and abuses their children. Add to this contrast, the US government provides Israel with most of the funds to build their infrastructure (their roads are way better than ours in the US). Meanwhile the Palestinian people get almost nothing from anyone. Day by day the Palestinian land is annexed by the Israeli government (including water and power plants) AND they fence in entire villages locking them in every night! Even more appalling is that you have to drive for over an hour passing mile after mile of undeveloped land to get to the Palestinian villages and yet Israel puts out these mobile settlements that keep encroaching on the Palestinian villages taking more land. WTF!!

The Palestinian businesses must scrap for everything (I admire them so) taking hit after hit, but continue to persevere. They are honest to the core, work incredibly hard AND still have a great attitude in spite of everything. I am not one for much emotion, but after one meeting I had with over 100 Palestinian businessmen/women, I had to excuse myself to go outside and cry. I was so humbled by them and I felt so ashamed of myself. Hell until then I would complain if I didn't have the best hotel room, most expensive meals, fly first class. etc...

If we Americans cut the funding to Israel and instead give it to the Palestinians to rebuild their infrastructure, educate their children, allow then to keep their land, you would see a different world.

So much more to tell.....

top topics

join