It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Formula

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hey ATS I was roaming Youtube and found a video titled The Formula. It is a 3d animation of a mandelbuld.

If you are not familiar with mandelbulbs I suggest you check out this thread it has some phenomenal pictures:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the video:

The video has been made by Tom Beddard of subBlue using a construction of mathematical formulas. The company behind the framework used to create the Mandelbulb After Effects plugin which is used in the video (noiseindustries.com,) really liked the animation and are showing it at their trade stand at the NAB 2010 conference in Las Vegas.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

WOW!

Looks like alien life/landscapes. I was unaware of the term Mandel"bulbs." I wonder if the Fibonacci sequence can be tied into mandelbulbs or their developing/growing?
Thank you for that link too, can't wait to go thru it.
Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Rubbish. I am not impressed.

I saw the other thread and the videos in it and this one.. well neat computer graphics tricks but that is all I see here. You can design a program or algorithm to seemingly produce an infinite variety of surfaces within surfaces but this means nothing to me.

People can speculate how this relates to the microscopic world or the universe all they want to this has no meaning for practical application for actually helping us to understand those worlds. These are adults way of tripping without drugs. A trip back into their childhood. Nothing more.

Yeah you say But it's a complicated mathematical formula... So What? It's not the only one. Change a few of these variables and I bet you will find this formula is not unique.

Go download Acid Warp from1992 and you can trip all you want to.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

These are adults way of tripping without drugs.

Now that's funny JP!

Not that there is no truth in what you say, but I think there is more to it than just " rubbish."
It is poetic in one sense, artistic expressions using mathematics and logarithms as a medium.
I won't argue that they may not answer any big questions, but I would qualify them as cool and fascinating, imo.
I do respect your opinion though and we all have the right to express it. I just thought I might shine a different light on it.

Peace

[edit on 12-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

new topics

top topics

join