Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The weird happenings and synchronicities thread!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I can't think of any significant instances of synchronicity that's happened to me, but I have experienced some strange happenings such as deja vu, clairvoyent dreams, and unexplainable 'paranormal' type things. But I'll share the experience that stands out the most.

I was in 6th grade and I had a strange, vivid dream that I was in a deserted place with molten clocks. There were insects in this place, water in the distance, and what looked like a diving board. I thought it was a disturbing dream because I was all alone in this weird place.
A short while after I had this dream, I was at school sitting in art class and flipping through our art textbook. While flipping pages, to my astonishment, I SAW my dream. It was a painting of the exact place I had dreamed of! Every detail was an exact replica of my dream. I got chills up my spine like never before. I had never seen this painting before my dream.

As I'm sure many of you have already guessed, the painting in reference is 'Persistence of Memory' by Salvador Dali.

edit on 6/8/2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

I love that painting. Is he still alive? I don't think he is so maybe you were having Past Life recall. Are you artistically inclined? Have you been unusually interested in Art? Just throwing a theory out there.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Mr. Dali died in 1989 and I was born in 1991. I thought about the 'past life recall' theory as well. However, I'm sad to say that I'm a terrible artist. It frustrates me because my father is a terrific artist and I didn't inherit that talent. Instead, I draw stick figures like my mother.

It's only been in the last couple of years that I've taken an interest in art. So I'm not exactly sure what's up with me dreaming I was in the creepy painting.

I find this tidbit from Wikipedia interesting:

"The iconography of this famous painting is that of a dream that Dalí had experienced. The clocks symbolize the passing of time that one experiences in a dream state."

en.wikipedia.org...

So he had the same dream as I did, or at least a similar dream.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Synchronicity, well I have one for you. It is a small one but it was still odd. The movie Cherry 2000, I have not seen that movie is close to 20 years. I have not thought about it one bit until last night when posting on here to the love robot thread. I made a reference to the movie and when I turned on the TV today there it was. I did not have to channel surf to find it, it was on the channel when I turned to TV on. Now I now this is a small synchronicity but I still found it odd.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonko

the movie "waking life" by richard linklater

part where a guy is talking about doing a daily crossword puzzle. the later in the day you try the crossword, - the more ppl that have tried it before your try, the more successful you will be.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

That IS odd. Could also be just you hacking the collecrive conciousness, being able to experience that same scenario that Dali did. I don't really know how that works with reincarnation and talents I always assumed that those talents would carry over to the next life, but that doesn't have to be the case, If there are any PL experts out there maybe they could help?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I had one recently, I was looking on the Internet for a Health guru that was popular in the 90's.I couldn't remember her name.So the Internet was no help....A week later I see her book as I'm leaving a second hand store.It was there on the shelve staring at me...I brought it and it has really helped me...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I've had this happen several times. One of the times stands out in my mind since it involved my mother who passed away 5 years ago. What happened was I was at the grocery store with my mom. She told me I could pick out 3 boxes of Cracker Jacks, one for my sister, brother, and myself. It was back in the day when the prize inside was actually something kinda cool, not just a piece of paper. LOL Anyway, I reached for 3 little boxes and one fell on the floor. I was starting to put it back on the shelf to pick a different one but my mom said, "No, keep that one. It will be lucky and have a good prize inside." I said okay and she made a little tear in the wrapper so we would know it was the "lucky" one. After we got home and the time came for me to open it, I was surprised and happy to see it had a little plastic, yellow rabbit's foot inside that said "Good Luck" on it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
My first husband and I were together two years before we were married for two years, and we had a son together. We were teenagers and each others "firsts" in everything.. We were very close, but couldn't work it out.

Many years later, I married again and was living in the same area with my new husband when my ex-husband came down with cancer. He was married again, and our son stayed in touch with him and visited him when he could. My Ex got in a very bad way and his wife, having to work, had to put him in a nursing home (I was told this by my son). I had offered him a place with us, but he had turned it down.

One day, sort of out of the blue, he just popped in my head, and I realized that I just had to find out how he was doing! His wife was at work, and I didn't have her number there. I then tried to find out what nursing home he was in. The first one I called wasn't the right one. I searched around in the Yellow Pages for a while, and finally found another one in the area I was looking for. This was the right nursing home, but he had died about an hour earlier.

So, at approximately the time that he popped in my head, he was dying or had just died. I loved him as a good friend up until the end, and possibly more than a friend, but I have a hard time with that.
edit on 6/12/11 by FibroKat because: fixing a sentence

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ok - I realize this thread was started a year ago, but I was searching for a thread that was discussing synchronicities and this was the first one to pop up. After reading down a few posts, I saw the word I was looking for, so hopefully this is the right place. The word is "doppleganger", and I'll explain further in my post why this caught my attention.
I don't know if anyone will even read this, but I'd totally appreciate some feed back because these synchronicities have been happening to me for about 4 months now, and it's to the point that I'm past being freaked out and am actually getting used to them. I'd like to know if anyone else out there is experiencing anything similar to this. Also, if anyone knows why this is happening now, in particular.
I guess I should first say that I am not a psychic person - I've always had a good 6th sense about things, but more so as a child than as an adult. But that's pretty much it - I can tell if someone is really good, or really bad - and I get feelings about situations from time to time. But what's been happening lately is really different.
So this is how it started. This past March, for two nights in a row, I had a dream within a dream. I hope you know what I mean by this - I had a dream, and then woke up inside of the dream, and thought I was really awake - but then I woke up for real. Very unnerving. And each night, in each dream, there were two of things. Twins of things, I guess - nothing of any importance, just random two of everything. I was talking to my adult son about it on the third day, because I had told him about the first night's dreams, and this was by no means a normal thing for me. We were in the living room talking, and I was saying that for me, in my life, doubles have come up quite a bit - not like this, but just in general. He said that for him, it was things in threes - that it was always triples. And right after we said that, there was a program on tv and one person said "Look, I've got doubles" and the other one said "Look, I've got triples". So that was weird, we just looked at each other and laughed uncomfortably, and I thought what a bunch of odd coincidences.
That's when I started seeing the double and triple numbers daily, and it happened so much that I just could not deny it. When I did my checkbook, when I bought something at the store, when I looked at the clock. I mean, it was just non-stop for awhile. This went on until the earthquake in Japan happened, and then it stopped. I have no idea what "doubles and triples" has to do with an earthquake, and I surely could not have predicted an earthquake from that bunch of stuff happening - so I was very much questioning what in the world was going on with me. Then, they started again - except this time, the numbers stopped after a few days, and I started hearing this word over and over again - the word "doppleganger". I didn't even know what it meant, sadly, and thought that perhaps it was some sort of old german submarine for some reason. I don't know where that came from, but I looked up the word and found out what it actually meant. I thought about my "twin" dreams, and wondered what anything had to do with anything. So, I kept hearing this word over and over again - on the radio even, and on tv - and in conversations with people that had no idea about this weirdo synchronicity I was having. So much, that again I could not deny that something weird was going on. This went on until, oddly enough, they killed Osama bin Laden. Then, they stopped again. I have no idea what that had to do with him, unless perhaps it wasn't really him or something, maybe it was his "doppleganger" - but still - why am I getting these things?
So this has been happening ever since - some things that happen in the world, and some things that happened to me personally. Always the numbers for a few days, and then a phrase that only makes sense afterwards, if it makes any sense at all. My friend suggested that the first one, the "doubles and triples" was telling me what to look for before a big event happened. Like, to pay attention when I see double and triple numbers all the time. I guess the doppleganger applied to bin Laden somehow, and some of the rest were right on target - but not all, unless I am just not clever enough to decipher all of them, which is entirely possible.
So - I don't know what I'm looking for here - I guess just some kind of validation from someone else that is experiencing these things. I emailed my friend in Texas, finally and told her about all of this, hoping she wouldn't think that I was a fruit loop. And crazily enough - she had been hearing that word "doppleganger" quite a bit herself, and even copied her face book page from June where it came up repeatedly to show me. She also said she's been seeing the number 11:11 quite a bit lately, and wondered what that was all about as well.
Then, I come here - and do a search, and the first one that pops up has the word "doppleganger" on the first page of the post. WTH, you know?
Anyway - anyone with any knowledge about these sorts of things - please let me know what you think. I joined ATS a few months ago, and I've been coming here for years just to read what was up, but I was too shy to post anything like this, and then when I wanted to - I realized that I didn't have enough posts to start my own thread anyway. Plus, I never even introduced myself - I'm sure I am not going about this the right way at all, but that's kind of how I am. My screen name here is Following Pythagoras (because he was so awesome), but my real name is Sheila, and thanks in advance to anyone with anything that might shed some light on this.
edit on 7-7-2011 by followingpythagoras because: because I misspelled my own screen name at the bottom of my post at first - ridiculous, really

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have a lot of these sort of things happen to me too. The most recent one was about my grandmother.
She is currently in the hospital with blood poisinging, and they have put her in an induced coma, because of her age (85) and this way to give her body a better chance to heal.
A few days ago I was reading my emails ( I had the tv on ID Channel -Investigation Discovery Channel) and I started to think about my grandmother, and I was thinking how I wish I knew more about blood poisoning, and what happens in the body and how to cure it, when all of a sudden they started talking about blood poisoning on the tv, and they explained everything.- I got my answer instantly.

Another thing that keeps happening to me a lot besides knowing who's calling me when the phone rings, is thinking of a song, and then a few minutes later, I would either hear it on the car radio, or on TV, or my husband would be humming the melody of it.

What an interesting thread! SnF

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join