It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weird happenings and synchronicities thread!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonko

I've had something like that too!

For some reason, when I am angry electronics malfunction around me. I used to think it was just bad luck or I was a pessimist, but then I heard of electrokinesis. Curious, I made myself angry and started using my laptop and iPhone. All of a sudden, these strange software bugs kept popping up!!! I have not had many of those bugs since...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Wow! I have that too! Like you're thinking about something and listening to music, and then a song comes on and matches what you are thinking (sometimes even providing a solution). That's amazing!!!

Not to get off topic but about the timewave synchronicity, what do you think it means? Do you think you were right that it means another civilization will cross with us?

[edit on 12-7-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
OH MY GOD!!! I just HAVE to post in this thread!!! I've plenty to post...

The event of April 25 changed the way I see life and connection to all things.
March 18 was his birthday. That day in 2010, I experienced a series of strange events that made me aware of something big. I called it the weirdest day of my recent life.
His conception date was June 26. The eclipse's day. I know another person that died in March whose conception date is June 26.
June 26...Sometimes eclipses take away dear people.

I also experienced some events like whenever I meet a person called witha certain name and makes to me a certain impression, suddenly EVERYONE new is called with same name...
Or, when I got my first job this month and next day every person I know has just got a job...When the other week our conversations were about something else entirely...

on March 19 2008 I met a person which later would have become significant for me because of very important dreams.
( guess what, he has same name of the friend whose birthday was March 18 and died at 20 )
I knew him better on April 9.
I never knew he had a brother until this year.
In fact, on March 19 2010 at same time of day there was a certain person always in front of me while I was talking to some friends, in a luna park.
On April 8 I look on facebook and discover, oh look he has a brother.
We don't talk.
Next day I was thinking " I would like to talk to him someday, to know him ". A second after I hear someone calling me.
" Hey, you ". I turn my head and wow, its him!!!

They are significant to me because I'm known by my friends as the one whose dreams come true, and I had dreams about those 2 people that make me think they will eventually become important to me this year.

on June 23 2007 I've known a certain person in a summer campus and on June 23 2010 I've known a certain other person in a summer campus.
Well, the first one became like a brother to me, this one who knows.
But this makes me think about my life.

I looked to my friends and said to myself...Wow, there are connections between people.
There are friends of mine which don't know each other though they practically show same kind of behavior and interests, like there is a repetition cycle not only for historical events but also for personal events and friendships.

Now, tell me, for what's concerns your personal life, does 2010 recalls 2008? Does it?
And 2009? Can you get what I'm trying to say?

Now, do you think is just the chance that makes you meet certain people? Have you looked at conception dates, birthdays, names,surnames, family names, behavior, personal events that somehow connect this person with you or someone in your family?

For example, recently I met a person and his sister, a new friend, that:

- Has same name of the last new best friend I got in late 2009
- His sister's conception date is my birthday
- His mother has same name of mine, his father has same name of my mom's brother
- His best friend's name is the same of the friend of mine who died at 20
- His family name starts with that same name
- His sister's birthday is very near to the day of the saint called like that friend of mine who died
- His sister's conception date is birthday of that friend who died
- Guess when I knew her? Yes, very near this friend's conception date

I think the April 25 event has somehow ended up to influence strongly my reality and all the connection in its future.
And now is determining which people I will meet.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I just say that when you realize your first sinchronicity/false coincidence than you are ready to discover that...

- Reality is PLENTY of those events. Numbers and names of significancy are everywhere around you.

You get a job, suddenly everyone just got a job.
You know a new friend with a certain name, suddenly everyone else you just know is called with same name.

The world can be almost supernatural when you deal with sinchronicity.
You will discover you can sometimes " summon " people, guess who calls you at the phone, guess who you'll meet in 2 seconds...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Holy crap! I saw this thread before I went to work and just spent something like 15 minutes looking for it!

Anyway, I thought I would share a funny coincidence that occurred only a couple of hours ago. I was working at a function in which Panasonic were having a product launch for 3D television. I thought to myself, standing under dimmed lights and listening to the presentation, how the host reminded a little of Jeff Goldblum - something about his face. After a while this guy turns on a movie in 2D to give an example to the audience, and lo and behold, the movie is Independence Day and a scene featuring Jeff Goldblum appears on the screen. I remarked on it to my cousin who I was working with. Of course, I had no prior knowledge that Independence Day was going to be shown as an example and the correlation I made between the presenter and Goldblum was merely a momentary thought.
I experience many synchronicities also, although I thought this one was pretty quirky.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I Am 99.9 % sure this is a coincidence but, recently I have been trying to get in touch with my psychic side. For the first time in over a year I went to lie down and attempt to meditate and go into a trance.

I ended up being more successful than I ever have been connecting to my psychic side. I went to bed and the next day I got up all happy and ready to go to work but I had a really really odd feeling as I went to work. That day the city I live in was hit with the highest magnitude earthquake in I believe 60 years.

This happened about 2 weeks ago just as reference.

Just thought I would share my little experience

Xiamara

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The best one I had happened about 2 years ago, i woke up and just knew I was going to win some money, i never gamble and rarely even bother playing the lottery so that day I decided to pick some numbers, but only three numbers, i knew them straight away in my head, 11, 19, 20, i had no other numbers in my head i just knew that these three would come up, so i picked the pick three numbers only option, then i thought maybe i should play the six and added those three numbers to another three random ones for a pick six option also. ( i was that certain) Told my mother before the lottery was on that i am certain i will win, i had already spent the money in my mind
, then i won
£450 for the pick three option and £10 for the pick six ( i knew only three would come up but wanted to chance it ) maybe i should have bought 50 tickets instead of one.

that was the only time i ever felt like that, i still dont play the lottery much but if i ever get that feeling again then you bet i will.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I oddly enough had my own synchronicity relating to your story about the old 'Double Dragon 2' NES game.

It began last night with my wife and I receiving a shocking $500 mobile phone bill accrued from when we were recently overseas. We then decided to have a spur of the moment garage sale to raise the additional funds (and then some hopefully). While digging through a bunch of old stuff to sell, I found 4 NES games, TMNT 1, TMNT 2, Ninja Gaiden, and Double Dragon 2.

I thought, holy crap I just read a story about this in the synchronicity thread. I remembered your instruction booklet anomaly, so I looked in my box and found my own anomaly. Inside was Double Dragon 3, not 2. It turns out I have no DD2 game and no DD3 box, somehow they were switched and I never noticed for years (that is until right after I read your story).

Here's the photo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce7108d0b80a.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 12/7/10 by Evasius]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

That's really weird!!

I had another synchronicity a couple hours ago. At drivers ed, I was zoned out thinking a bit about these synchronicities and how I seem to be becoming much more sensitive to other people's emotions and energies, along with how I'm having some physical changes of my own (sugars and processed foods have started to make me very sick in an emotional kind of way). 

The teacher was showing pictures of optical illusions. He showed about 3-4 and then I thought about how the fedex logo is an optical illusion. I said "what about the fedex logo?" He looked at me funny and then switched to the next slide which was that logo. He looked at me and said "What are you, psychic?". I found that very odd considering I was just thinking about that.

Maybe it's just me, but these synchronicities seem to be increasing exponentially, especially in the last year. Anybody else feel like this? I don't know, some people have said 2010 is the year of the synchronicity...

[edit on 12-7-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The strangest one I ever had was really weird.
I'm NOT trying to be provocative or anything but matter of fact, but what happened to me last summer was WEIRD.

I was I was going to the mailbox. I had on a skirt. Well, the elastic broke on my underwear and right as I got to the fool road, my panties fell off. Right there in the road with a car going by. I acted like nothing was going on and sorta kicked them out from my feet, and opened the mailbox. I was going to act like I had dropped some mail and be cool about collecting my wayward clothes.

I opened the mailbox, and inside, I found a pair of panties that I'd won in a contest I'd forgotten about even signing up for, and the envelope had been torn a bit, so they were sticking out.

Is that like weird or what? I still have to scrunch up my nose and forehead to this day thinking about that level of serendipity. I mean, what are the chances of THAT happening just like that?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by quadratic
I have experienced this many times in my life and now just treat it as sort of normal.

Often I will come across a new piece of information which gets my interest and I learn as much about it as I can. This might be something to do with computer problems or some breaking science. It can be anything.

The unusual thing is that nearly always soon after, perhaps a day or two, some one will ask me for help and do I know anything about......

Makes you fell good to help people but I always explain "Well that's a coincidence, funny you should ask that"

We are all a lot more connected in this universe than we realise.

It's nice to see someone else who experiences this on a regular basis and understands that the Universe is doing all the work

From my experiences, when the coincidences stop or slow for a few days, showing an awareness of this brings them on again, and this has been going on now for 3 years....... it never bores me, really cool!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

If the timewave represents the development timeline of our civilization (like a thumbprint), then other civilizations should have a similar thumbprint defining their development.

Considering the timewave acts physically like a true wave, a cancelling of oscillation resulting in zero point is most likely caused by another wave merging with ours, or 'wave interference' (picture raindrops on the surface of a pond). December 2012 wouldn't necessarily mark the exact point of contact, but would be the midway point where we cross an invisible threshold bringing about the circumstances allowing for contact.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
LOVE reading ALL these posts here! Thanks for this thread!

I too have many synchs. in life. As of recent, I made a questioning post re: govt port scanning of our computers. (which was old stuff).. Not too long afterward, I had a helicopter fly LOW over top my house. Sounded like it was almost sitting on it.... Kind of funny to me!

Loved the panties story! Hilarious..

Evasius, I enjoyed your first post here in this thread, especially. Your wording.... I felt it all ...wish I could express myself as deeply as you.

Enjoying everyones posts. Thanks once again, OP ! Nice thread!
S&F--

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The strangest thing thats keep happening to me is with the clock.

I always seem to look at the time and its the same hours and minutes:

10.10 11.11 17.17 etc etc

and last year my daughter was born at 23.23 on the 7.7 and there was a full moon - man I'm gonna have trouble with that one i think!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Synchronicities have happened increasingly to myself and my friends over the last couple of years. I won't get into speculating *why* they happen because to be honest I don't know - I can't explain it and have many many theories, none of which are provable. I find it's best just to smile.

My favourite one.... while discussing someone I vaguely knew at the time with my business partner, we decided to get in touch with him so he could quote on a contract. Literally as I was writing his name on the whiteboard he walked in our office door, having let himself in downstairs. He couldn't explain why he'd come in, and only myself and my partner knew we were there. We'd only moved into the office that day.

He now works for us, and it turns out he's a big believer in the timewave theory and the idea of 'novelty.' He's convinced the strangeness we all experience as a group is because we're open to the idea, and are somehow spiritually connected together... all different leaves on a tree, we're just unaware of the tree. I like the idea but who knows?

Regarding someone else... more recently I was sat in the car thinking "shall I phone Mr X now or wait till I get home?" As the thought crossed my mind he rang me. This used to happen endlessly with my ex-girlfriend and continually happens almost on a daily basis with my 'core group' of friends.

Two days later I pulled over at the side of the road to phone the same Mr X. Nothing unusual there, but.... the day after that he called me while I was driving. I pulled over to answer the call and realised I'd stopped in exactly the same place, at almost exactly the same time as I had when I decided to call him the day before... except this time obviously he'd decided to call me.

They're all silly daft things, but they're very, very odd from my point of view. I have millions of these and I'm sure a load of them are 'better' than the examples I've given, but those are the ones that immediately came to mind. While I'm at work today I'll wrack my brain and see how many fall out, I'll post them here when I get back.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
When I was little I had an idea and I would talk about it to my dad a lot. It was a pen that had a microphone on it so you could record yourself talking and other things. Well one day we were in the toy store and found the exact pen of my dreams, and I was kind of upset because I felt like they stole my idea. The funny thing is that it was geared towards kids my age. Maybe just coincidence, but it was new then too I think. I bought the pen, their version sucked. Don't you hate when you have cool ideas and then a little while later find that someone else has "tapped" into that idea it seems?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
lately i can't seem to escape synchronicity. it seems everytime i'm reading a word in a book, i'll hear the same word be spoken on the television. just random occurances like that, but happening more and more. i feel like the universe is telling me what i already know. that we are one and the same.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Before I read anymore, I'll share my experience from a few weeks ago. Well for some odd reason I was thinking about space Balls and the scene with the tap dancing "Alien" that was a spoof of the movie "Alien" Where the alien came out of the guys stomache, then he does a tap dance to "hello my baby" And the very night I thought about it I posted the link to that video from youtube on my facebook page. Anyway the next night Space Balls came on TV I don't recall what channel but I think it was AMC. Then My SO was talking about another older comedy movie, can't recall which one just now, but sure enough AMC played that one the next night as well. Now that was ODD.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Just a few days ago on Saturday night I watched the director's cut of alien on DVD. When that scene came up I immediately thought of Space Balls and the tap-dancing scene.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Wow that's something else...lol. I can't beleive it!!! The wierd thing was for me nothing sparked the thought I simply just thought of that scene out of nowhere.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join