It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weird happenings and synchronicities thread!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This thread is intended to be a place to post and discuss synchronicities and weird 'coincidences' that have happened in your life.

I've been talking to lot of people lately and one big thing I see is that like myself, they have a whole bunch of strange synchronicities in their lives. Many of them see a person they have not seen in a while only hours after wondering what happened to them, or just other strange stuff.

I'll start. I've had many and I will post them as I remember or have more, but I'll post one from today to start.

Today at work I passed a really old (from the 70's) Toyota car (I want to say caldina but am not sure). It was silver, beat up, and parked in a handicap space. Not even 30 minutes later, I passed the same parking space and a new car was there, the same model name as the old car, but brand new. It was even the same color. Would have written it off, but it was the SAME PARKING SPACE. Weird... I've had a lot of these odd things lately.

How about you?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I picked up the phone to call my mom and she was already on it calling me. Pretty cool!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Happens to me all the time

We just say we are on the same 'wavelength'

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Nice post mossme89! I think when we become aware of the idea of synchronicities, we start to experience more of them.

My personal experience happened last month when I was walking along the Oregon coast thinking that finding a sand dollar whole and intact would be so cool. Then several steps later, bam, right in my path laid a perfect sand dollar. I got a little chill actually.

Carl Jung did a lot of work studying the idea.
www.psychovision.ch...

According to Jung it would be wrong and extremely dangerous, to see a causal relationship between the two occurrences and to say that one event was the cause of the other. That would be nothing other than a relapse to the magical-causal thinking of the middle ages. Instead of this we must accept that the two occurrences are not causally connected, but rather by a common meaning. This means that we have to extract the meaning of the symbol "fox" for the interpretation of this synchronicity. This would somehow purport, that the dreamer herself - symbolically speaking - should be lead much more by her "inner fox", meaning that she must recover the instinctive cleverness she had lost with her intellectual point of view.
When one has experienced a number of such synchroncitities (see also Carl G. Jung’s Scarab Synchronicity), one gains over time the impression that there is a wisdom within them, far beyond that of our conscious knowledge. Furthermore, they would indicate that the inner world, for example dreams out of the so-called unconscious, know something about the outward, but also that the outer, the animate or even the inanimate material world knows something about the inner. Carl G. Jung had therefore put forth the postulate that there has to be a world in which inner and outer world, psyche and matter are connected in an undifferentiated unity. This world was called the unus mundus in the Middle Ages [see also the UNUS MUNDUS forum]. Carl G. Jung and Wolfgang Pauli looked for this world and called it the unified psychophysical reality ("die psychophysische Einheitswirklichkeit") beyond the split in matter and psyche. One must consider this a potential world out of which causeless new creations can occur. Synchronistic events show the moment that this potential world will incarnate into the concrete.

Peace

[edit on 11-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
this has been happening to me a lot recently. i would wander about something random and out of nowhere i would see a book or a article on the internet about the same thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have this weird thing where I see twins all the time. It usually happens when I'm in a different city from where I live but I can't help but to think everybody everywhere has a twin. Not biologically of course, but a look-a-like. Maybe a doppleganger or something. I'll probably just capture one and take it apart one day.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This most definitely can be explained I'm sure rationally, however it is still perplexing to this day.

When I was about 9 years old I had purchased the game of Double Dragon 2 for the NES. I was very upset that the original double dragon for this console didn't have 2 player co-op mode like the arcade version. So I was pleased that this was an option for the sequel.

It was fairly new at the time, it wasn't even available for rental at the point, and I believe only Toys R Us had it (they tended to only have the exclusive games)
So I believed I was the only kid on the block with the game.

My friend Achal was having a birthday party sleepover, and he had a NES so I knew this was the perfect opportunity to bring my game over. Now I made it a habit to bring the game with the sleeve intact, and I would insert the game manual with it, in case anyone would have questions about it.

We were playing it and of course it was a hit. No one had played it at all and of course I was the only one who owned it. When it came time to leave, I made sure to get the game and the manual that was on the floor. When to my surprise, I went to put the game in the case, there was already a manual in the sleeve. Huh? I wondered how is this possible. I only brought one manual because that's all the game came with! Made no sense, since stuffing 1 manual with the game in sleeve is hard enough, but 2? So I took both of them home with me, now I have a copy of the game with 2 manuals. I didn't question it all that much before because I was young. But now looking back at it, truly bizarre. Perhaps a glitch in the matrix? you decide.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher
this has been happening to me a lot recently. i would wander about something random and out of nowhere i would see a book or a article on the internet about the same thing.

Yeah, this is the most common thing I hear about. People thinking about something or someone and having them appear practically instantaneously (within hours usually)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I had a wash machine repair of $118.85 that I had no extra money for (life of living paycheck to paycheck). Two days later I recieved an unexpected escrow overpayment check for $120.54. I do not call this a coincidence, I call it a blessing.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This thread was a great idea, I can't wait to hear about everyones experiences!

I was randomly thinking about what ever happened to a friend I went to highschool with and hadn't seen for 7 years. I was walking to the mall via a path near my house that same day and of course ran into him coming in the oposite direction. The best part is, when I told him how odd the whole situation was he agreed because apparently he had been thinking about me too!

Kinda makes you wonder about how connected we all really are sometimes.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

This is actually normal, it happens to me a lot, this is why I consider that if you believe in something strong enough it will come true. The problem is it doesn't work they way you want.
I can't wish for 1 mil $ and find it. Sometimes you get a strange urge/wish (something that you don't normally do ) and it comes true. Too bad you can't force it to happen the way you want.

Usually it's something like this. You just go about your day and them : I really need a rare indian coin that i've never even seen before, but i imagine it's square and has an elephant on it, and later you will find it.

On relationships it works a bit stranger, but i've seen it happen with phone calls to people i meet every day or friends i haven't spoken to in years.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have this weird thing that whenever I can't find something on the internet, or can't get past a certain part of a game, and I ask about it (Forums, Family, etc). Then suddenly it's there! Or suddenly I can beat that part without any problem. Seriously, always after I ask someone about it. (Without getting the answer)

I was also in need of a dongle recently because we are moving and don't have internet yet. But, the thing didn't want to work. I was trying again and again to get a signal, but it just didn't work. Well, after a whole day I decided enough is enough and here comes the fun part:

As soon as I said ''I'm throwing this thing away'', BAM at that exact moment I suddenly got a signal and everything worked fine...

It's also funny that everytime after my mother has left the house for about 5 minutes, her partner suddenly calls. Always after she has just left.

My Grandmother has this problem that she can't find something for months, even years. She KNOWS where it should be, but it just isn't there anymore. Well, a LONG time later she suddenly finds it at the exact place it should be. It's like the particular object has never left it's place...

I'm sure there is more I can't think of right now. (I'll post later)

Now, knowing my Grandfather (RIP) loved to make jokes. I started having ideas that some of these weird experiences might be that old guy having another laugh.

There's also always something happening on his birthday too, which is also a reason for me to make me think that way. But like I said, I'll post more later.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
To recount each and every recent synchronicity in my life, I would need to keep a daily running tab. They're just too numerous to go through, and they range from obscure and small coincidences to huge life changing convergences of many events coming together that give rise to a whole new level of knowing and awareness.

The thing about synchronicity is that it's very personal. It's difficult to convey to others the profoundness of seemingly small coincidences. When coincidence after coincidence happens, you start to take notice, and you then wake up to new possibilites which then lead to further synchronities and 'wow' moments. Soon life takes on a whole new meaning, and each subsequent synchronicity further perpetuates your development and serves as a guidepost along your path reassuring you that the path is the right one.

For example, here's one that just happened while typing this - I'm sitting here at my desk typing this post and listening to this song, and I received an email from my Mom with a photo attached. It's a pic from my recent trip home to the states, and it's of me and my daughter. The pic seemed to match the song I was listening to with respect to how they affected me. The combined affect was quite emotional. I then noticed that the shirt I was wearing in the photo is the shirt I'm wearing now (which I haven't worn since the photo was taken). And beneath my shirt today I have on a t-shirt that (embarrasingly) reads, 'World's Greatest Kentucky Dad.'

See how it all ties in together and gives a new level of meaning to otherwise rendom events? That's synchronicity.

Another recent example is from about a week ago - I was sending an email with a question regarding 2012, what will happen, and if Timewave Zero tracks predetermined events or something else. The email was sent to Bashar (who is known for speaking about 2012 and synchronicity) and was to be asked during an upcoming lecture.

I was emailing from a gmail account here at work - when I clicked 'send,' I received a pop-up that said 'would you like to run ietag.dll?' Given it's a work PC I wasn't sure I really wanted to run it, so I googled 'ietag.dll.' Here's the first thing that came up, and mind you, this is all before I even successfully sent the question. Here's the link:

What is ietag.dll?

The second paragraph on the page is as follows:

A smart tag is indicated by a purple dotted line under a certain term or data type. It converts the underlined term into a hyperlink with a drop down box listing the terms with possible connections and references. For example, the date "December 21, 2012" will be recognized as a date. The hyperlink created, then, might point to an event calendar heading for that particular date, and/or the most relevant event entry nearest the hyperlinked date. Further possible actions could be Insert Address, Add to Contacts, Open Contact, Schedule a Meeting, and the like.

What are the odds that my random web search would turn up an immediate answer to my question about 2012 - an answer actually specifying that date? I consider it an answer because every bit of the wording in that paragraph relates to the Timewave timeline and my prior suspicion that 'zero date' occurs because of the merger of another Timewave with ours (which belongs to another civilization). The answer to my question is within the last sentence.

So, I have an answer and I hadn't even sent the question yet. I went back, clicked send, and the automated response soon to follow said this:

Bashar deeply appreciates your question. While your question may be answered in an upcoming group session or topic CD, we can assure you that just by asking, an answer will come to you in some way via the synchronicity in your life. So we encourage you to pay attention to new information you may receive in that way.

This kind of thing happens every single day in my life, without question, without fail. I can't make this stuff up, yet it's entirely unexpected and yet so profound.

[edit on 11/7/10 by Evasius]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well this thread will be fun.

As for the missing objects i blame the gnomes. those little tricksters.

As for my experience, I get premonitions sometimes. Ill be walking along not thinking of anything, just sort of moving through the motions heading to somewhere (like work) and something will just pop in to my mind, For example i was walking home from school one day and something told me to cross the street, so i did. Another kid was following the same path i took but didnt cross the street. At the alley way, a group of 4 teens jumped out of the alley and beat him up for nothing.

Or once i was 20ish and walking under a construction site the wood beams the place on scaffolding to keep people safe (so they claim) and you walk under it (not sure if i can describe it very well). Anyway, i was walking and suddenly something told me to stop. A 25ish year old lady was walking towards me. Right where i would have been if i had continued to walk and stepped aside for the lady (which i normally do); came all this hot coffee. The lady got some of it on her but i would have been covered in it. Some idiot on top of the scaffolding tipped his coffee container over and it poured through.

Things like that happen to me, although I also tend to have deja view too (less so lately). so maybe im just lucky like that

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
OK, here is one. I work in a small engine repair shop. I will be working on a machine and the owner will call to see if it is ready. Now We are any where from 1 to 3 weeks behind and any given moment and there are 3 tech in the shop. It almost never happens to them but it happens to me 2 or 3 times a week or more. I will just get the machine on the table and the phone will ring and guess who it is. It is the owner of that machine I just put on the table. Now when it happens it will happen within 5 minutes of it being put on the table. Just last week I put a riding mower in the table and just as I did the phone rang. I joking said to my boss" Tell him it is not ready yet. I just started to work on it". I meant it as a joke but the look on his face when that is just what I heard him say word for word. He looks at me as asks "How did you know?" I told him how often it happens but not sure if he believes me.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I was very new at this one big company a while back and quickly identified a person most people would go to if they needed something. Anything.

That person would sure as hell find it, get it, and most importantly take pride in solving yet another porblem, no matter how small. And he looked veery comfortable in this little niche.

See, I was that guy at my old workplace, that was my reputation and I needed to assess my competition quickly here. So I watched him. I needed my torch back.

Then it happened twice within a week that I witnessed buddy delivering to various people a handfull of some strange hardware or components nobody could find and with a proud smile he would utter: " Ifoundsome! "

Both times sounding like : "AFUNDSUM ! "

"Mr. Afundsum", I joked because that was all I thought he could say.

Imagine the laughter once I learned his real name is Mustaffa?
This was like some kind of backward masking man.

Ppl soon realized that there was a new (detail oriented) kid on da block.

I agree with much Evasius had to say above. Especially how synchronicities can be very personal , numerous and I find very funny as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
cool thread.... i belive in all the synchronicities stuff..... kind of freaks me out at times tho

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'll bite.

The strangest coincidence in my life would have to be my wife.

I met her for the first time when I was 14, I ended up getting stuck as the third wheel on a supposed double-date and she was there with my then best friend at the time. I didn't have the chance to really speak to her at the time, as I spent the majority of the date over in theater two watching "Tomorrow Never Dies" while she and my friend were busy making out to "Wag the Dog".

Jump ahead 7 years, a few counties and a group of people that I had just met. We're all sitting around, hanging out and doing our thing when I notice the girl sitting over across the room is -really- familiar. I single her out, we seem to get along really well and as we're talking it dawns on me...so I blurted out "Wag the Dog!".

Just like that, the lights went on and we both realized who we were talking to.
And...we've been together ever since.

It's a text book example of the degrees of separation...but it's still my favorite coincidence in life.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Fryaga

Call me a hopeless romantic, but stories like this always seem to get me. i'll never stop wishin' and hopin'

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have experienced this many times in my life and now just treat it as sort of normal.

Often I will come across a new piece of information which gets my interest and I learn as much about it as I can. This might be something to do with computer problems or some breaking science. It can be anything.

The unusual thing is that nearly always soon after, perhaps a day or two, some one will ask me for help and do I know anything about......

Makes you fell good to help people but I always explain "Well that's a coincidence, funny you should ask that"

We are all a lot more connected in this universe than we realise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join