It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Guards making 'astronomical profits' from sanctions: Opposition leader

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster
Well yes i beleive it but they have got a bloody long way to go before they perfect the art and catch up with the american military complex that pulls stunts like 9/11 to get even more money.

Are we really going to just start throwing garbage around? Dont state dilusions as fact please.. I lose a little respect with each one of those!

We do seem to be getting a lot of dirty being thrown at Iran just now and no offence to the poster but it does show the lenghts these zionists will go to sow bad seeds.

I knew you could start using your "flash" words again.... Its like riding a bike!

Best one was about iran wanting to stone a woman to death which happens in Kuwait and saudi arabia but that never gets posted.

You have a point.. I was saying that to a friend this morning!

Talking about astronomical profit have you seen the parking charges outside the cancer treatment center in leeds ????????????????????

Hope they are not like the AIDS clinic in San Fran!

no i don't have cancer but you get my point.

Damn.... I got all excited

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It does not say, and I don't see how back room deals would make them money, as they would be the buyers.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by hippomchippo

Contraband.

'' we can get it, but it will cost you ''

Evidence?
Surely it should be alot easier to get it than for CIA drug planes, right?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Justified is bad terminology or just lacks detail.
Justified by who? The UN found it justified.... Justified by the wack jobs in IRAN ... probly not the leaders.

You don't know what justified means lol?

Let me make this extremely simple for you, what is the justification for Iranian sanctions? Go give it a try, this will be interesting lol.

EPIC FAIL...at trying to be profound.It's simple.. Its like prohibition.. Black market .. mark ups of 400 to 500% Its a fact! Supply and demand.. Supply goes down= demand goes up.. Its high school economics.

lol, aren't you suppose to prove there is black market first? Then prove that RG is making the back door dealing? Then prove that RG is corrupt therefore gaining profits from it, instead of the people?

Go, try again, let's see where this genius takes this discussion to. Bring one shred of evidence. First, that there is black market, second, that RG is conducting, or controlling the black market, third, that RG is corrupt.

It is a process, as I said previously lol

LOL all you want... process seems very simple.. But not in your world.. Must be sooooo deeeep!! LMFAO

OK, I'll join you, "LMFAOOMB", I'll give you a hint, I'm sitting on my bed. A puzzle for you to solve, for your amusement ^^.

How bad did you want to say that? You were going to crow bar that into a discussion no matter what!

I wonder if I looked at your previous posts through out the forums.. I wonder how many times you have used that exact same phrase.

I bet you already did lol, and found nothing so said, you wonder hahahahah

Go ahead, check all my posts, if you find one, even similar to this one, I'll send you 100$ through paypal. It has to be New Zealand dollars, that means around 70-80$. For free. Just for you to go and do something, and enjoy your time while on ATS.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Ok.. I assume you will try and discredit any source I use.. So I will inundate this post with sources to show your entire post to be psycho babble!

www.newsweek.com...

The size of Iran’s smuggling industry has been estimated at $12 billion a year, and the IRGC is believed to control much, if not all, of it.

www.nytimes.com...

In the court filings, a Dutch aviation services company and its owner admitted that they had illegally funneled American aircraft and electronics components to Iran from 2005 to 2007. Under the scheme, Iranian customers secretly placed orders with the company, which served as a front, buying the parts and having them shipped to the Netherlands, Cyprus and the United Arab Emirates. The materials were then quietly repackaged and shipped on to the real buyers in Iran.

www.tehrantimes.com...

In separate cases over the past few months alone, prosecutors have accused defendants of illegally routing fighter jet parts to Iran through Colombia, electronic components through Malaysia and helicopter parts through Singapore. The list goes on, with accused intermediaries based in places including Ireland and Hong Kong.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Today, the IRGC's role in the Iranian economy is comparable to both an artificial monopoly, because it can drive all of its competitors out of the market, and to a natural monopoly, because trade sanctions on the Iranian business class creates a cost advantage for the Revolutionary Guards who maintain exclusive control over factor inputs through the underground economy and black market.

I think this is a good start in Proving
A) There is a black market
B) The IRGC is controling it…

Checkmate corky! Lemme guess you’re the type of guy that can’t admit when you are wrong. You will still stick with your nonsensical view on this.. But that is ok.. The readers that saw you call me out.. Then me respond … Know the facts.

I am curious with all of this proof proving you wrong.. Where did you develop your version of the facts?.. Is it just an extreme hate for the west? Does this hate make you sympathetic to anyone that the west is at odds with?

U2U me for my paypal info.

Oh and by the way.. Justified, is all in the eye of the beholder. I feel they are justified sanctions. A majority in the U.N thought they were justified.
Just because some kiwi didn't think they were justified does not make it so.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

See that is all you had to do, bring evidence..

Now, what is the wrong?

What do you oppose ?

What do you support ?

Oh and by the way.. Justified, is all in the eye of the beholder. I feel they are justified sanctions. A majority in the U.N thought they were justified.
Just because some kiwi didn't think they were justified does not make it so.

Again, what is the justification behind the sanctions, you still haven't answered that question? Don't worry, it is not a trick question lol..

[edit on 12-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Justify

Theory of justification is a part of epistemology that attempts to understand the justification of propositions and beliefs. Epistemologists are concerned with various epistemic features of belief, which include the ideas of justification, warrant, rationality, and probability. Of these four terms, the term that has been most widely used and discussed in the past twenty years is "warrant". Loosely speaking, justification is the reason why someone (properly) holds the belief, the explanation as to why the belief is a true one, or an account of how one knows what one knows.

If A makes a claim, and B then casts doubt on it, A's next move would normally be to provide justification. Empiricism (the evidence of the senses), authoritative testimony (the appeal to criteria and authority), and logical deduction are often involved in justification. Justification based theories of knowledge can be divided into irrationalism, which appeals to irrational criteria and authorities (feelings, faith) and panrationalism, which appeals to rational criteria and authorities (observation, intellectual intuition).
Wikipedia

It is kind of a trick question. I, and the majority of the U.N believe that these sanctions are justified. Do I really need to quote the resolution?
Anyone can go and look at the resolution detailing why the sanctions were imposed. But since his beliefs are nothing more than personal (emotional) based opinions. I will give you the reason that the global community agreed that these sanctions were justified

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1737 was unanimously passed by the United Nations Security Council on 23 December 2006.[1] The resolution, sponsored by France, Germany and the United Kingdom,[2] imposed sanctions against Iran for failing to stop its uranium enrichment program following resolution 1696. It banned the supply of nuclear-related technology and materials and froze the assets of key individuals and companies related to the enrichment program.
Wikipedia

What you are asking me to do, is convince you that these are good enough reasons to impose the sanctions. It is not my place to convince you of anything. I was asked a question.... I answered this question honestly. If you don't like my answer, then tell me just that. Do not say I didn't answer the question, just because it was not the answer that you wanted to hear!

Like I stated before "I" feel the sanctions are justified. There are allot of nations that believe the sanctions are justified.

Now, if you would like to detail why you DON'T think they are justified, knock yourself out.

I find it funny.... I researched and gave details on 90% of the questions or "doubts" --- Unfounded doubts... Then I am asked to answer a question I have already answered. BUT you didn't address all of the other points of my post.

It is common around here, to be asked a question or questions, and then I answer it... But the person asking the question does not acknowledge my facts and or points. The person in question just ignores the facts and jumps to the points that were not addressed to their satisfaction.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

LOL

imposed sanctions against Iran for failing to stop its uranium enrichment program following resolution 1696.

Failing to stop its uranium enrichment program, doesn't Iran have the right to enrich uranium?

All your other evidence can be rejected by one line of your own source:

The size of Iran’s smuggling industry has been estimated at $12 billion a year, and the IRGC is believed to control much, if not all, of it. The charge is impossible to confirm, of course, but only the Revolutionary Guards have the resources to run such a massive operation—and the influence to keep it from being shut down.

The argument is that since the Revolutionary guard is the only group with the resources/influence to run such black market operations, it must be them.

That would be true, if you exempt, "the Iranian government allowing Iranian companies, and people to avoid sanctions through black markets". IF black markets are legalized then all your sources are mute.

If it is impossible to confirm, then it is a speculation, and my speculation seems as tangible as yours.

To back my speculation, I will put this on the table:

In a letter addressed to the fifteen member-states of the UN Security Council and communicated by AFP, Mottaki wrote that Teheran “considers that the adoption of such resolutions [against Iran] will not affect its utterly peaceful nuclear program.”

What does he mean, when he says the sanctions won't affect Iran? Let's speculate, the government is saying they are supporting black markets.

There are enough allies around the world who support Iran's pursuit for peaceful nuclear technology.

That is where the black market is at, between Iran and its allies.

That being said, no matter what the Western empire does, the Iranian allies will continue giving Iran the support it needs to gain what it right fully deserves under international treaties they signed.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I truely hope you are wrong.. I hope Iran drops a Nuke right in Israels lap.. I hope they retaliate.. I hope both are completely destroyed.. I am sick of the bickering.. Throw down or STFU!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by oozyism

I truly hope you are wrong.. I hope Iran drops a Nuke right in Israels lap.. I hope they retaliate.. I hope both are completely destroyed.. I am sick of the bickering.. Throw down or STFU!!!

If there is war, let there be war, but don't justify it with false accusations, like Afghanistan and Iraq.

My point still stands:

If I have the right to eat, and I eat. Then you deprive me from eating, because I ate then justify the deprivation with the nonsense that I didn't stop eating when you told me to. Is that really justification?

Then you deprive me from water, because I won't stop eating, then you deprive me from communication with other human beings etc, all because I exercised my right to eat.

That means something different to m. That means you are trying to be my master, in other words you want me to be your slave.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

"Iran has many trading allies (and military allies), Iran has allies all across the world, there is only one empire which is against Iran hence the Western empire, and only they are enforcing the sanctions, and pursuing more sanctions against Iran."

This is exactly correct, the US mainstream media claiming Iran "defies the world" is total BS... 118 nations support Irans nuclear program.. 118 nation back Iran

"The 118-nation Nonaligned Movement backs Tehran in a letter submitted to the International Atomic Energy Agency endorsing Iran's plan to submit a resolution on the topic when IAEA nations meet next month."

The only one complaining are the US elite.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join