It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ITS (Edit:Maybe) FIXED!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
ROV live feeds

i hope i am not jumping the gun .. but i have watched these camera everyday for a month ... last night a narrow but strong jet was coming out the pipe ... a new yellow pipe has been attached and the thing appears to be no longer leaking .. maybe a very small amount out the sides ..

the live feed looks good.

[edit on 11/7/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
wrong , its still leaking out the top of that pipe.. however they are working on fixing it

They have a new "top hat" that will be going on that new pipe

[edit on 11-7-2010 by E-ville]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

A quiet "woohoo" here! I hope you are right because if i keep holding my breath on the matter I'm gonna pass out... exhaling

Peace

[edit on 11-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yes, I've been watching too and got all exited but it appears this may just be temporary - Check out the thread 'Up to the minute live feed of the oil...' these guys are really on it and seem to know their stuff inside out...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Again....yes, it is too early to say it is fixed. Far from it.

They have attached the new 'riser', but the oil is still coming out the top of that at what appears to be the same pressure as before. From what others (that know a lot more than me) are saying, once they tighten down everything there will be a series of steps to then slow the flow and put the equipment in place to 'contain' it, or 'suck' it up to the waiting ships above.

The risk is the amount of back pressure this will put on the BOP. Can it withstand it? I hope to God it can!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f521eefec004.jpg[/atsimg]

looks fixed to me .. hope i am not wrong ....if i am sorry for the incorrect news

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

AGAIN....you are looking at the wrong spot. The first image is where the new riser is attached. At the top of THAT, the oil is still gushing.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
they just arent showing the plume, or gush, or whatever you call it.

it does not appear to be fixed yet.

And can i suggest in the future, maybe searching around a bit before you start a thread with such a declarative statement? (might be good to change that, actually)

Nice day

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

AGAIN....you are looking at the wrong spot. The first image is where the new riser is attached. At the top of THAT, the oil is still gushing.

like i say above maybe your right i am no oil expert

i wonder why there is no R.O.V trained on the spot the oil is now leaking from ..... the link in the OP i think shows all cameras at once ...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I agree. While I hope as much as the next person for this to be contained, it's cruel to give some people false hope.

Please change the title to reflect what is really going on.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
S&F for wishful thinking.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I realise it is easy to look at what is being shown right now and think it is contained. I did the same thing myself a few times over today.

Makes ya wonder why they are being so selective right now with the views. Maybe it is just based on what they are working on and where they need the ROV's, or perhaps it is to keep is guessing. Not cool

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You dont work for BP do ya??

Just kidding.

I dont think it will be fixed for quite some time, even if it is plugged, the pressures still going to build.

Its a shame that when it appears to be fixed and everyones partying, most wont realise that its putting a plaster over a haemorrage.

This will need to bleed out until the pressure is gone as far as I can see from what I read and research.

Maybe someone from BP can tell me im wrong

I take the topic seriously but im trying to be light hearted as its not looking good, just in case anyone thinks I dont care about it.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

About 5 of the R.O.V's appear to be showing differing degrees of dirty water. so i guess they are not helping much .. unless on their way somewhere.

Ocean intervention III is that not the top of what they are currently doing ? if so hard to make out ... only R.O.V that might be the leak is BOA DEEP C..
but that is extremely dark ..

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

i wonder why there is no R.O.V trained on the spot the oil is now leaking from ..... the link in the OP i think shows all cameras at once ...

I agree. It seems odd, but perhaps they are busy observing other things. I would expect they have other ROV's we dont get to see, but perhaps not.

i find this thread to give some good answers (big ups to Ceriddwen and others!)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

i still think B.P really want to cap this .. but by syphoning it all off ( and no lol i don't work for them)

all they have ever talked about is CAPTURE .. PREVENTION is only mentioned when relief wells are talked about ..

I have great faith that this greedy corporation is trying Capture as much as poss as fast as it can .. it is in their nature... so i hold out hope .... that's dollar bills running into the ocean in their eyes ..

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
reply to post by XXXN3O

i still think B.P really want to cap this .. but by syphoning it all off ( and no lol i don't work for them)

all they have ever talked about is CAPTURE .. PREVENTION is only mentioned when relief wells are talked about ..

I have great faith that this greedy corporation is trying Capture as much as poss as fast as it can .. it is in their nature... so i hold out hope .... that's dollar bills running into the ocean in their eyes ..

What you say makes sense.

Capture the oil.

Theres no stopping it in the long term thats for sure.

Its a pity they couldnt just find a vacuum-like part in the earth, drill it and the whole lot would be sucked in, similar to a plug hole. That way both the corporation and its oil would go to hell.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I say they just don't want to show the leak now because it is free flowing at this point and they don't want more people calculating the oil flow.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Well, if it does indeed need to bleed out to relieve pressure, then 'capture' is probably the best/only approach, anyway. It would seem that if they seal it, the well may burst, and if it bleeds into open sea, well... we know that's bad.

so 'capture' is probably the best case scenario right now.

And americans have a 20,000 barrel a day habit to feed, after all.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
OK so they could attach a new riser but not one with a valve ??? Maybe I'm thinking too simple or something or just needed a second line

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join