It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the mechanism behind Astrology? (which I know works)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have a question. I know that there must be something to Astrology, cause the patterns from it come up in my life, in a way that can't be attributed to coincidence alone. Yet there is no conventional scientific basis behind it.

So what is the mechanism behind it exactly? Anyone know? Can it even be put into words? Or is this one of those things that words can never describe?

I've always known that there was something to astrology, even though there's no scientific basis to it by conventional standards. Nevertheless, the pattern DOES EXIST, a pattern far above chance.

Examples:

- I've always had a kindred spirit and connection with Cancers, for instance. Not saying 100 percent, but at least 70 or 80 percent. The PATTERN is definitely there. Not a coincidence.

In fact, there have been several occasions where I knew a person was a Cancer even though they NEVER told me their birthdate or sign, and I turned out to be RIGHT! I swear it.

- During my travels, I found that an unusually high percentage of girls I met were Aries. I'm talking a much higher percentage than a 1 in 12 chance. Perhaps Aries are more likely to be brave enough to talk to strangers? I don't know, but the pattern is definitely there.

- Also, variations of Astrology like Chinese Purple Heart and Indian Vedic Astrology have produced extremely birth charts and predictions for my life and others that are highly specific and accurate, not general.

- And besides, we know that the power elite use it in their Occult Rituals (Freemasons, Illuminati, Bohemian Grove, etc.) so it must work or else they wouldn't be using it.

So you see, even without conventional scientific basis, the PATTERNS are still there.

Therefore, the skeptics like James Randi and John Stossel of ABC who claim that Astrology is all about general claims that apply to anyone are WRONG in my view and reflect total IGNORANCE of Astrology on their part.

No system, even a metaphysical one, is perfect or infallible. But Astrology definitely does get SPECIFICS about a person right that chance or educated guesses do not. And I'm talking about specifics that do not apply to everyone.

It gets even more accurate when you use Indian Vedic Astrology or Chinese Purple Heart Astrology, which is based on I Ching principles. Readings from those systems have even pinpointed specific years when certain things would happen in my life which came true, as well as specific addiction and talents that I possess, which do NOT apply to most people.

Simply put, the skeptics are wrong. Their explanations go against my firsthand experience. And it's unfortunate that they are too closed minded to admit that there are forces in the multi-dimensional universe that they don't understand.

Btw, check out this video where skeptic Michael Shermer gets debunked by an Astrologer on his own show!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by WWu777]

[edit on 11-7-2010 by WWu777]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

What is the mechanism behind Astrology?

I think the premise is that...

1) The reality that we observe is not necessarily an accurate portrayal of what really is.

2) What we perceive of as planets and stars are merely our perceptions of...something. What exactly they are doesn't matter at this point.

3) Those things radiate. What do they radiate? "Vibrations." What's vibrating? Don't know. Doesn't matter. But whatever it is, just like how ripples in a pond will affect the course of a leaf floating on the water, so too will the vibration from these plantary sources influence the path our lives take.

4) Different planets radiate at different frequencies. And just like different frequencies of light manifest a distcintly different character (Even though "red" is actually quite a broad range of individual frequencies, it manifests a character that is clearly distinct from yellow, right?) so too do planetary vibrations exhibit their own distinctive "character" in the manner in which they influence the course of a life. The "Jupiter" influence has a character that is distinct from the "Saturn" influence.

5) The "sun" that we perceive as a ball of gas in our solar system, like the planets, is similarly just our preception of a "something." In the case of the sun, that something is, generally speaking, a manifestation of our local connection with the masculine force of divinity. The "doing" principal of energy. The angle of alignment of any particular planetary influence with that force determines to some degree the "strength" with which that influence pass through us. Sort of like how the sun is "strongest" at high noon, because its rays hit us at a 90 degree angle, and so less is deflected.

6) When various alignments between occur between these various objects, interference patterns may result in their vibrations. These interference patterns may themselves influence the path of our life just like the direct vibrations themselves do.

7) At the time of our birth we are either "imprinted" with the distinct character of the sum of all vibrations available at that moment, or we as spirit-beings choose to incarnate at a time in which those vibrations are condusive to the sort of experience we seek to have. Thus, time of birth determines what sort of person we are likely to become.

8) Similarly, at any given time, the sum total of those vibrations determine what sort of experience is available to the societies, the cultures, the world, etc. The "age of aquarius" has a tendancy to exhibit a different character than any other, because those particular influences are most dominant during that time.

9) Ultimately, however, the relationship between these vibrations and the course of lives and societies exposed to them is not one of direct cause and effect, but rather, one of what experience is available. Human experience behaves like an antenna. An antenna will only receive the sort of vibrations that it is tuned to receive. Consequently, while one may have been born under the influence of a particular planetary vibration, one will only manifest its character in ones life if one is suitably tuned to receive it. Times, planets and societies will similarly only manifest events according to their ability to receive them.

At least, that's the theory as I understand it. I've never really followed astrology much.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

You should read the Kybalion if you have already.

www.kybalion.org...

The mechanics behind everything are/have been documented in the underground streams of knowledge throughout the barbarian rule of history.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I will say that not knowing much about the workings of astrology, I am amazed at the accuracy of explanation to individual personalities. As in how one person is defined by the month in which they are born. For me it is truly fascinating.AS I am Libra, and how I live my life VERY closely matches the explanation of who a Libra is.. and so forth for other personalities in different months. I am still trying to understand the frequency thing..

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
While most explanations I have read regarding the mechanism behind astrology lies with a causal influence between the stars and planets and humans, I have thought there might be a another explanation. Now I am just speculating, but my theory is that the stars and planets are rather an extremely complex clock that can be used as a measure or gauge of the plethora of cycles that pervade the universe. It is those cycles that pervade our lives that are in turn caused by a mechanism of complex energies that we, unlike the stars and planets, cannot readily perceive with our usual senses.

Therefore, through careful observation of the heavens and correlating those observations with occurances here on earth, humans throughout the history of astrology have developed a system that relies on the movements of the stars and planets to know the timing and nature of the cycles that influence our lives.

While there may be currently a taboo amongst the scientific community with regards to astrology, from what I have read that was not always the case. Many of histrories most revered scientists studied astrology. I suspect in recent times there has been a concerted effort by secret societies to undermine the image of astrology in order to discorage the masses from discovering the hidden knowledge that the elite want to keep for themselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wishful thinking? Self fulfilling prophecy? I don't know but I must admit I do take a slight interest in it. For example. I am an Aries. Never really paid attention to it until about 5 years ago. I exhibit every sign of an Arien. Egotistical, hate to lose, outgoing, dominant, a " do things my own way" type of guy.

There are certain women I am attracted to. They may not be beautiful in the conventional sense but I am almost amazed that each and every time, I find them out to be Leos! Every single girl I had a crush on in school and in the workplace have been Leos! And my are they insanely beautiful....
Of course they don't like me back but oh well!

Next, I get along great with Libras. I had counted and I have over a dozen close acquaintances that are Libras. In fact, my best friend is a Libra. My father is a Libra! And we were more than father and son, we were best friends, always hanging out, talking, going to concerts.

Get this! My son is a Libra! So makes me wonder since I know little of my grandfather...Was he an Aries?

Now my last girlfriend I had, the mother of my child, was a capricorn.

If you don't know many astrologers believe an Aries/Capricorn match is the worst possible in the Zodiac. I now believe this to be true! It was a constant struggle and we fought just about everyday.
Whats odd is Capricorn women seem to be drawn to me! I dont get compliments often, but when anyone has told me I am "hot" it is almost always from a capricorn woman!
I have about 3 girlfriends who are such and they have remarked about just that.

I do think there is something to it but its done absolutely nothing for my love life!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
I will say that not knowing much about the workings of astrology, I am amazed at the accuracy of explanation to individual personalities. As in how one person is defined by the month in which they are born. For me it is truly fascinating.AS I am Libra, and how I live my life VERY closely matches the explanation of who a Libra is.. and so forth for other personalities in different months. I am still trying to understand the frequency thing..

hey libra! wanna be friends? LOL
(see last post from me above)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I find it extremely worrying how different Tropical and Sidereal astrology are, and very sad that Tropical is basically the western standard.

I'm not all too clued up, but a little googling/wikipedia can clear this up:
Sidereal Astrology (wiki) Just read the intro and Background..it's enough to grasp what I'm getting at.

Tropical Astology (wiki)

Since I was very young I 'knew' I was a cancerian, or so I was told. Unlucky for me, I didn't know that, in reality, using the Sidereal approach, my Sun was slap bang in the middle of Cancer and Gemini. Just enough to the right to make me a Gemini though!

So, with that knowledge I then found a book on zodiacs that an ex-girlfriend left lying around... I have read nearly all of the signs and tried my hardest to identify my SELF with each. There are certain points in each that I can identify with, but none exemplify ME. None of them draw me in, save Gemini AND Cancer. When I read these two I am taken by about 80% of both. I have all the emotional and perceptive qualities of a moon/water driven Cancerian, yet the flitting, inquisitive mind of a dualistic nutter in Gemini (in a nut-shell that is).

I think that when the Tropical Zodiac came into being and started it's journey away from the truthfullness of the Sidereal, the tropical astrologers started attributing qualities to people that slowly changed over centuries. So that after years and years the lines would blur, ever so slighlty, as they do now, so that a Cancerian and a Gemini or a Tauran and an Arien (?) can share certain qualities(depending on their date of birth).

As I am not very knowledgable on this subject, it would be nice to have an expert opinion on this...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Jimjolnir]
edit to add:
PS thought you might be interested in this program
What Watch
I've used it for years, very cool, still don't understand it all..
OK. just click the link
download the first link you see(it saysBase Package)
then, scroll down the same page and find you country... this will help you locate the

near-as-damn area you were born in.
install one... and then... the other
Open the program, enter your details. Save.
By default it is set to the crappy Tropical Zodiac

click on preferences, (it's there, easy to see)
below where it says 'zodiac' change it from tropical to Sidereal.
Reload your saved profile and see what changes.. some change more than others some

(lucky ones) more or less stay the same.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Jimjolnir]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777So what is the mechanism behind it exactly?

It's the same mechanism behind all systems of divination. Synchronicity.

I recommend the book Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle by Carl Jung.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I for one have had trouble with Gemini woman,.. been with three and each shared the same traits,.. a mild split personality,.. wife is a Pisces, so far working out well...I'd say we are friends already from our other posts

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I just get along great with libras. I have one who is very much into music. I have another who is a transhumanist and atheist. Another who comes over to play smash bros with me. my best friend mike has been my partner in crime since childhood. boy you guys sure like to talk!

oh and my friend harry is a libra and he is getting married to a pisces woman in a couple of weeks. I am in the wedding party too! wish me luck im looking for my future ex-wife there!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'd say Libras do have allot to speak of.. and we are into music,.. My son who also is a Libra is the same.My father was Capricorn.. And by my Name ,.. I am a musician. Comes naturally and I enjoy it often..
I recently read a book called The Gaia project 2012. of which discusses this frequency thing, very interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
While I do think there is something there, with this stuff, I can't shake the contradictions - How do you deal with that? I'm not talking the daily broad based horoscopes either, I mean the ones that take into account all the vital info. that is supposedly to lead to the most accurate portrayal of your personality, circumstances, etc.?

What about an accurate free website that may give a good picture of what you are looking for? For example, Astrodienst. While it has all the settings for a birth chart, and even daily horoscopes, the daily based on time, DOB, location, is still a little 'off'. Is there another option that you chaps and ladies may be aware of to try? Just in case you've never heard of it, which I'm sure you have, the link - www.astro.com...

But I'm also looking for interpretations as well, because when it comes to this, I'm a rock. I don't understand no matter what I've read to try to make sense of this. BTW, born just on this side of Cancer sun, Scorpio rising, Cancer moon.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by hhcore]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have got to make some points here just for those that want to rethink some things.

Our Earth wobbles...this causes precession of the equinoxes, and causes the Sun to 'seem' to move slowly through the sings over thousands of years.

Astrology used to use the true observation of the night sky of where the planets really wre and where the Sun and Moon really were. It stopped doing this a couple thousand years ago.

Now dont get me wrong...I believe there are energetic connections to us, from the Sun, planets, and Moon. The signs are more like mans attributes...humanities path through a great cycle (26,000 years). We travel through all the ages of the zodiac (path of the Sun) during 1 great year.

The wobble of Earth, causes the Sun to NOT always stay in a certain sign for a certain month. If the Earth didnt wobble...we would not have a changing of the ages over time. The changing of the ages is easier to recognize then the fact that the monthly signs for the Sun also change. There are more issues.

Another issue is that the Sun travels through a 13th sign called Ophiuchus. The Sun is in Ophiuchus longer then its in Scorpio. And this leads us to the other issue....

Each sign has different space in the sky when you truly observe them. Scorpio is small....Virgo and Pisces are huge. The Sun is only in Scorpio (by true observations) for about 6 to 7 days. This makes true Scorpios...rare.

There is no set astrology that acknowledges all of these issues. Most sites dont even get the place of the planets right when they say something like...."Saturn has just entered your sign of Virgo"....there is a 80% chance that this is wrong.

Lets look at some examples, for it can be confussing without taking alot of looking into.

My birthday is 8-30-75

Astrology tells me Im Virgo.

If I observe the Sun where it was in the night sky (astronomy) I can see that the Sun rose in Leo on my birth (sitting under the belly of the Lion)...not Virgo.

If I go back to 10AD....8-30-10ad....I will see why astrology and their fixed wheel is telling me Im Virgo (Sun sitting on the left shoulder of Virgo)..for this was where the Sun rose 2000 years ago when they fixed the wheel for astrology.

If I go back another 2000 years....8-30-2010bc...I see the Sun still in Virgo (but now the Sun is by the left wrist of Virgo).

Go back another 2000 years....8-30-4010bc.....Still Virgo...(Sun sitting to the left knee of Virgo). Remember...Virgo is a large sign, I think its the biggest one.

Now...another 2000 years back from there....8-30-6010bc...I see the Sun rises in Libra, at the top of the scales.

Lets jump forward for a moment and see where the Sun would be with me 2000 years FROM now...8-30-4010ad....the Sun will rise in Cancer.

This is how, we have a changing of the ages.

Are age is attributed to the place where the sun rises on the Spring Equinox. Right now, on March 20/21...Sun rises in Pisces...showing us in the age of Pisces.

Lets go back in time again

3-21-10ad....Sun still in Pisces, close to Aries.
3-21-2010bc....Sun in Aries by the front feet.
3-21-4010bc....Sun still in Ares...by back feet now.
3-21-6010bc....Sun rises in Taurus, sitting at the top of the head of the Bull.

Lets jump forward again...3-21-4010ad....Sun rises at the right side of the abdomen in Aquarius (our coming age).

With events in time...and a look at ancient beliefs and religions...you can start to see humanities personifications, in the cosmos.

It is my belief that we are out of sync...with our true connections, to the cosmos.

ON the below link...you can scroll down till you see the chart box. Its divisions are 1)Tropical 2)Sidereal and 3)Sun in constellation. By looking at the last one...Sun in Constellation...you can see where the Sun really was on your birth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Im only offering what I have discovered on my path of being ...a Virgo/Leo...Leo/Virgo.

My best to all
LV

[edit on 11-7-2010 by LeoVirgo]

[edit on 11-7-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

www.kybalion.org/TheKybalion.pdf

Thank you for posting this. It contains perspectives I found to be insightful.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am a taurus.

Don't get me wrong, astrology is entertaining. But I think its bullsh#, at least all the horoscopes/personality descriptions/love matches, etc. that I have read. It pretty much works on the same level as cold reading. They use broad descriptions that usually fit everyone, give broad predictions or just advice, I've noticed. Advice that usually anyone can benefit from i.e. "Today is a day to be punctual and avoid confrontations."

But my limited experiences with astrology leave me with an open-mind. Maybe the alignment of planets and stars really do affect our personalities and futures. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
LordBucket,
Wow those are awesome explanations. You really have a grasp on explaining such an out there topic!

In response to my question, a guy on the David Icke forums gave me the link to this video series called "Astrology, Architecture and Time" by an author who has a lot of esoteric knowledge in this area. It's very interesting and mind expanding. He explains why cosmic energies and alignments have a connection to the microcosm of every fibre of our being. A must hear for any esoteric truth seeker.

Here is the link to it:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-7-2010 by WWu777]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Questions for you all:

- Have any of you ever had birth charts done or readings in Indian Vedic Astrology or Chinese Purple Heart Astrology? If so, how accurate were they? And were they very specific? How would you compare them to Western Astrology?

- Have any of you ever noticed that you resonate more with some particular signs than other? Like you've had a lot of best friends and lovers that belong to a particular sign? Notice any patterns?

I heard that in many couples, the woman's moon sign often matches the man's sun sign or rising sign. I've known several couples where that was true.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

It gets even more accurate when you use Indian Vedic Astrology

Even Vedic astrology is off a tad...

You might enjoy my thread here...which offers people the positions of the cosmos on their birth like no astrology site will offer you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to sound 'big of myself'....but it is the most accurate account out there, using astronomy as the system to find the positions...

Astrology and Astronomy....long ago, went hand in hand. Im trying to bring this system of workings back, which has been lost now for a couple thousand years.

80% of peoples signs that are given in astrology are wrong, they dont fit the positions of the sun, moon, and planets anymore.

My best LV

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by State of Mind
I am a taurus.

Don't get me wrong, astrology is entertaining. But I think its bullsh#, at least all the horoscopes/personality descriptions/love matches, etc. that I have read. It pretty much works on the same level as cold reading. They use broad descriptions that usually fit everyone, give broad predictions or just advice, I've noticed. Advice that usually anyone can benefit from i.e. "Today is a day to be punctual and avoid confrontations."

But my limited experiences with astrology leave me with an open-mind. Maybe the alignment of planets and stars really do affect our personalities and futures. Who knows?

We're not talking about the newspaper horoscopes here. Of course that is general and applies to everyone.

We are talking about birthcharts that are highly specific. Sun signs have patterns too.

Try the Vedic or Purple Heart Astrology. They are far more accurate and specific.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join