It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Trucks Carrying Radioactive Materials Intercepted In Iraq-Kuwait Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
www.tehrantimes.com.../15/2004&Cat=4&Num=020

TEHRAN (MNA) -� The UAE-based daily Al-Khaleej reported on Monday that Kuwaiti tariff officials have intercepted a truck loaded with radioactive materials in the Iraq-Kuwait border.

The daily quoted informed sources as saying that the radioactive control team from Kuwait�s Health Ministry discovered that one of the trucks belonging to the U.S.-led coalition forces was carrying heavy radioactive materials trucks. The trucks were headed for Iraq.

I wonder why they would bring radioactive materials into IRAQ?
Anyone have anymore info on this?

NeedTruth

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just a thought could they be manufacturing the WMDs that we could never find?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Another story says the trucks were intercepted while trying to enter into Kuwait from Iraq.

xinhuanet:
Kuwait refused to allow a radioactive material-bound truck to enter the country as demanded by the US army, Kuwait Times reported Sunday.

Kuwaiti customs department on Thursday impounded four trucks coming from Iraq for suspicion that they were loaded with radioactive material.

After checkup, three of them were found not containing any radioactive material, while the fourth was found to be carrying a container of highly radioactive substance...

Unless these are separate incidents, which is probably unlikely.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So is the material heading into Iraq or out of Iraq? This is a very big question because the direction of that trucks means a great deal.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well is not so much of a big idea because we all know that it was radioactive material found in Iraq after the invasion from Sadam nuclear program era but it had the UN stamp on it from the times of the inspections.

May be US was cleaning house.?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
So is the material heading into Iraq or out of Iraq? This is a very big question because the direction of that trucks means a great deal.

From Kuwait's standpoint, it makes more sense that they would stop radioactive material from entering their country rather than trying to stop it from leaving their country.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well is not so much of a big idea because we all know that it was radioactive material found in Iraq after the invasion from Sadam nuclear program era but it had the UN stamp on it from the times of the inspections.

Well, no, we don't all know that. The one WMD which there seems to be broad agreement that Saddam DID NOT have is nuclear. The articla cited does not mention any UN stamp, and the fact that the two articles indicate a different direction of travel surely indicates that there are some real questions about what is going on.

originally posted by AceOfBaseFrom Kuwait's standpoint, it makes more sense that they would stop radioactive material from entering their country rather than trying to stop it from leaving their country.

I'm not entirely sure about this either. Maybe Kuwait just take their responsiblity to regulate the transfer of nuclear material through their territory seriously

To be honest, I've been waiting for the US/UK to smuggle WMD in to Iraq to prove their case ever since Iraq fell. What confuses me is that it was nuclear, rather than a few vats of anthrax or ricin, which we know he did have. Course, these articles do not prove that this is what is happening, but it is the explanation I find myself leaning towards.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.fas.org...

Yes it did have a nuclear program before the gulf war.
:shk:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes it did have a nuclear program before the gulf war.
:shk:

Fair point. I do now note that you did say his nuclear era, which had escaped me earlier, but I would have thought that this woudl have been removed by the inspectors prior to 98. Course, they may be less competent than I had hoped, but I would not like to believe that to be the case. I would also say that I had meant this incarnation of the Iraq War. I didn't see any reference in that site to any developements to his nuclear programme since 1993. Maybe I skimmed it too fast and missed them, but I doubt it. Yes, Saddam did attempt to build nukes, yes Israel bombed his first plant for their construction (and a good thing too), and yes, he was continuing to try to get them up until the first incarnation of the Gulf War. What I do not accept, and have not seen many references to since the Niger Yellow CAke accusation were refuted, is that this had continued despite the inspections regime which lasted until 1998.
Since the Yellow CAke accusation was proven to be the result of forged documents, the idea that he still had any sort of nuclear programme (other than the ambition to restart it at some date) has vanished, to be replaced by the discussion of chemical and biological weapons.
I'm sure you will mention anything you find to prove me wrong.

Actually, come to think of it, I seem to recall stories of people looting barrels which had been used to contain nuclear materials (waste products I think). So I probably ought to apoligise, the inspectors may have been less competent than I had believed. I still don't think it enables us to say we know that this is the source of the material in this report, but it does mean your point was more valid than I had initially felt.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Yog the Sloth]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well I remember after the Invasion that US found some containers of nuclear waste of some junk but it was just the left over from sadam old nuclear program, and it needed to be dispose before it got into the hands of regular people and they will get contaminated.

My point is maybe those trucks maybe carrying this unwanted waste.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Was editing my post while yours came up. see above.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Its ok, but I still will be on the look out for new inside on what those trucks were doing around Kwait.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I had great arguments with my Irish friends while visiting the emerald isle over the meaning of the Iraq war as it unfolded while I was overseas. The common consensus was that we were after the oil, but I kept swearing we would find WMDs because the white house said they were there. I really did figure if in fact they weren�t there that we would "arrange" for some to be there when we rolled in with the tanks. This never happened. Which leads me to believe that either the white house really thought there was some or that they were so bad at lying that they couldn�t plant evidence to give their case some weight. Being as they are politicians they certainly aren�t bad a lying so that leaves us with them believing some WMDs would be found. Either that or they just couldn�t care enough to work up a good story and evidence to prove it.

- Was

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Wassabi]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I would think if we found radioactive materials it would be on front page news everywhere here in the US saying 'I told you so....'. That kind of news would make Bush and his war mongers look good. Why hide it?

I'm sure there is more to this that will come out later.

NeedTruth

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well, it appears it was headed OUT of the country into Kuwait. And I would point out that anti-U.S. news out of Tehran probably ought to be taken with a grain of salt until you can substantiate it with an alternative source...

in this case, the second source is NOT substantiating the claims made by the Iranian news.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A google news search reveals only two articles (as of 8:02 AM EST) reporting on this. Both articles were mentioned in this thread.

news.google.com...

Just another story not carried by anybody else. It makes it very difficult to determine the truth doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The United States has been using depleted Uranium rounds in its weapons since Gulf War I. It could be spent ammo that they are trying to get as far away as possible from U.S. troops.

You know, so they don't die of radiation sickness.

Of course, F the Kuwaitis, I guess...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Jakomo, depleted uranium is, well, . . . depleted.

Seriously, if it were possible to see the administrations point of view, and imagine them not being evil war-mongers for just a second. . .

If you were the president's intel officer, and you found SOME WMD's in Iraq, would you want to share the info with the media?

Remember, you've found SOME, but not necesarrily All. SO if there were 10 tons of WMD, and you broadcast in the media that you've found 9, and where you found 'em, then Saddamists and Al Quaida know where the 1 ton was that you couldn't find, and don't even know about.

If I were running intel for the US, I wouldn't tell if I found WMD's. I wouldn't capture Saddam's WMD people either. Screw the upcoming election. I'd follow Saddam's WMD and his scientists, to find out who got them. That would yield tangible results for international security, and not just a week of nice pr.

top topics

join