It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Irrational" Iran can't get nuclear arms: Netanyahu

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

That's because those Jews are proud members of the republic of Iran and had no personal connection to Israel. They have lived there for 2000+ years. Unlike Europe, they were rarely, if ever, harmed. They have no reason to leave. And Europe's actions in WW2 shows them to be a bunch of racists who really want the Jews gone for good.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

About a year ago the Iranians posted an English translation that stated they wanted to blow Israel off the map, and not in a nice way. It has hence forth been deleted and around the same time Iran said it was a mistranslation. So I simply cannot trust their current government in anything as they themselves change their own words around many times. Iran has a historical wise and peaceful people and government.

This shows exactly how much you really know about Iran. Which is very, very little. Do you know what kind of language Farsi is? It is not as simple to understand as say English or German. It is a poetic language. This may be cause for trouble as there are unlearned people drawing conclusions, like yourself, without actually knowing the language. There are many words, phrases and so on that don't even have an English counterpart, yet have to be translated for CNN. Can you comprehend this? Furthermore you are arguing backwards by stating "The Iranians posted...". You do not understand the language, you can't draw conclusions. Instead of focussing on the words you should focus on the actions, since words seemingly confuse you.

But the current president has got to go. He is a demented radical and trying the patience of the world. I am convinced he is like America's own radical religious groups who believe they have to start WW3 so that salvation and the 2nd coming will begin.

This again shows you have no idea about Iran. The Iranian president holds no real power, just like the American president. What will a change of puppets do for the nation? NOTHING.

You have a lot of reading to do, sir.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Zamini]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I actually know a crap ton about Iran and studied its government. I understand perfectly well that the supreme leader holds true power and it is a theocracy.

However, just as you need a decent president in America to uphold the illusion of democracy, the same is true in Iran. They have to change, sure. So do we, sure. But if a moderate president, say Mohammad Khatami type fellow, was leading, he would not be a person to worry about.

The president HAS desire for power. He may be a puppet for the Imams, but he thinks himself something more.

There in which lies the problem. For just as Hitler thought himself more than a puppet and his true controllers let him do what he wanted, so too is the same with this president.

In addition, I could care less what language they spoke. Their website, with their translation into English, said they wanted to wipe Israel the nation off the map. They reaffirmed it. It was up, then suddenly removed.

There were discussions of this matter.

But translators in Tehran who work for the president's office and the foreign ministry disagree with them. All official translations of Mr. Ahmadinejad's statement, including a description of it on his website, refer to wiping Israel away. Sohrab Mahdavi, one of Iran’s most prominent translators, and Siamak Namazi, managing director of a Tehran consulting firm, who is bilingual, both say “wipe off” or “wipe away” is more accurate than "vanish" because the Persian verb is active and transitive.

And you can read it the president's own website. Funny he claims he meant to be swept into the pages of time, which is nothing more than a beautifulness statement of the same, yet his website clearly states wiped off the map.

www.president.ir...

The phrase wiped off the map was constantly used by Russian and American officials and always meant nukes for 50 years. Considering Iran has always been a contested zone between the two, the know very well what it means.

Everything he has stated he re clarifies after saying it. Everything he re defines. Why? Over everything.

The phrase wiped off the map is ancient, and always means destruction of everything. IE, total war. This goes all the way back to ancient Rome using the phrase when they destroyed Carthage.

www.yourdictionary.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

However, just as you need a decent president in America to uphold the illusion of democracy, the same is true in Iran. They have to change, sure. So do we, sure. But if a moderate president, say Mohammad Khatami type fellow, was leading, he would not be a person to worry about.

A more moderate president like Khatami? Are you even aware of how stupid that sounds? Ohw wait...you must've heard it on CNN or FOX doing your research on Iran. Tell that to the families of the many many people ALL ACROSS Iran who were executed under Khatamis reign. See how moderate they find him. What a load of CRAP
(PS. I still seriously doubt you know anything worthwhile about the politics in Iran, and I don't doubt without reason).

And you can read it the president's own website. Funny he claims he meant to be swept into the pages of time, which is nothing more than a beautifulness statement of the same, yet his website clearly states wiped off the map.

Alright, here's where rational thinking comes into play. People are inherently lazy. Perhaps the people who put up that on the president's website(I don't think he himself is very tech savvy) directly copied the CNN translation. Yes, people like that exist and I wouldn't put it past anyone to make an error.

Here's where your error comes into play: "He claims he meant". Are you stupid? He literally said that, plus, he was quoting a nutjob. I'm sure we would see a whole bunch of nations in upheaval over these words if they were true...and not only Western countries under US/Israel political dominance with no choice.

The phrase wiped off the map was constantly used by Russian and American officials and always meant nukes for 50 years.

Except for the fact that nobody said "wipe off the map" and you keep on repeating the same bull.

This goes all the way back to ancient Rome using the phrase when they destroyed Carthage.

Again, same as above. What the hell do you expect? For me to cave in and say: "Even though he didn't say what you say he said he said it." ? Go ahead and try. I don't even care who said what, I'm just tired of my native country being painted off as a Jew-hating country while numerous Jews have been liberated by Iranians.

Damned hypocrites...they nuke a country and say others can't have nukes. They enslave entire nations under debt and physical restrainment and call others out on human rights. People like you, who don't even UNDERSTAND the words of another people, YET, claim to know what they say without an inch of doubt. Orwellian double speak.

And then you say some puppet leader without ANY real power is dangerous.
But wait, you must also believe Obama is a danger to America. Since, you know, he doesn't hold any real power but since he's a puppet of some illusion he must be a danger.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

A lot of people in Iran speak English. If the Iranian government is that incompetent, how can I trust anything they say?

Also we're talking about Iran's government. Having an execution under your regime is like having a prostitute or second family as a politician in America. it's expected at this point.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Zamini

A lot of people in Iran speak English. If the Iranian government is that incompetent, how can I trust anything they say?

Also we're talking about Iran's government. Having an execution under your regime is like having a prostitute or second family as a politician in America. it's expected at this point.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Gorman91]

Yes, a lot of people speak English in Iran. Nice of you to bring up government incompetence, since there's incompetence in every government, anywhere you look. By that very same logic you shouldn't trust anything any government says. Might you have learned something very important here?

You're actually not talking about any government. You're just parroting news agencies and it's too easy to see through that.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

What with the Iranian news being owned by Iran and American news still being somewhat free, and both of them reporting problems, I think there's nothing more to say. Iran's presidency is failing and its people want neither a US invasion nor the current president. Iranians want democracy. And as the government weakens, it will have to give the people what they want.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Thought this briefing from the Oxford Research Group was an interesting followup to some of the discussion here, particularly the part where they mentions Iran's options about withdrawing from the NPT, which I believe we mentioned in this thread:

Iran would be able to respond in many ways, argues the report, including:
* Withdrawal from the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and immediate action to develop nuclear weapons to deter further attacks. Such work would use deeply-buried facilities that are reported to be under construction.
* A series of actions aimed at Israel as well as targeting the United States and its western partners including:
• missile attacks on Israel;
• actions to cause a sharp rise in oil prices by closing the Straits of Hormuz;
• paramilitary and/or missile attacks on western Gulf oil production, processing and transportation facilities;
• strong support for paramilitary groups in Iraq and Afghanistan opposing western involvement.

The entire briefing is downloadable as a PDF. Link to ORG

[edit on 7/16/2010 by ~Lucidity]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join