It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Serial killers and politicians share traits?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

This is bs. Every culture has their own word for psychopaths. I hear sociopaths say all to often that right and wrong are merely cultural constructs, and I know this to be nothing more than a cop-out for not having an intact conscience.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

If they are voting for "the lesser of two evils" they are still, willfully, deliberately and consciously, voting for "evil."

OMG it is, how did I miss that?

The vast majority of the populace continues to vote for "greater" or "lessor" evil, but refuses to vote against it altogether.

We could change that, but people really are ill-informed, and politics is like religion in so many ways.

But most "in denial" tend to deliberately avoid looking at information that would bring to consciousness that which they seek to avoid recognizing.

I find that to be true.

[edit on 033131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

not having an intact conscience

Well that too, and how does one become so desensitized?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well that's in the environment. There's cultural influences like the television programming, news, Hollywood, and other media outlets. There's a social component like our system of government and economics. Capitalism and democracy favor the individual over the collective, and 100% individuality is essentially psychopathic. There's also things like environmental pollution. Heavy metals in the air, water, soil, food. Pesticides, GMO's, fluoridated water, aspartame, etc, etc..

When people are fed junk, view junk, and act like junkies, they become a bit of a psychopathic junkie. Being sane in today's world is considered weird verging on the point of insanity. It's all backwards and I have doubts that it'll be getting better any time soon.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by unityemissions]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join