It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Feed of Solar Eclipse - Hurry!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What a beautiful thing! Thank you so much for the link.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Oh, come on...don't make this about something other than what it is.

The Grey Area is that way - this thread isn't for that.

If you start dragging alterna-topics in here, I'll come back later this evening to find aliens, reptiles, flying pigs and barking hamsters flying toasters across the skyline littered all over this thread.

Joking aside...serious is for serious, it's just an eclipse

- Fry

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

You're welcome - the stream is replaying two vantage points of the eclipse, so if you are patient you can see both...personally the second video is the best of the two.

I wish I could find a link for more, but so far...no go.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fryaga

I know. I was just pointing out the Moon's unique very close to exact ratio to the sun in size from Earth perspective.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Or perhaps it is a result of sunlight being blocked by the Moon.
You never know.

That's crazy talk! Back to the funny farm for you crazy man!

I remember seeing a partial one when I was younger, late 90's I think, possibly 1999? It was stunning to watch, luckily we didn't have too much cloud where we were. It was really eerie though (despite knowing the science behind it), suddenly there was silence, all wildlife went quiet and the temperature dropped slightly, it felt surreal. Sadly I'll never see another one in my life time here in the uk, not unless I live to the ripe old age of 109 ... at which point I'll likely be a crazy cat lady

- Phoenix

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I wonder what they are doing at Bohemian Grove

Does anyone have a live feed there?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

I have not been able to find any other feeds...it appears our eclipse watching time is over for the time being.

Sorry I couldn't provide more.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey Phage,

Whenever I get to witness the workings of the cosmos in my petty little life, I like to think about how the ancients looked up with the same awe and interest, at least the brave ones, and truly appreciate our ship that travels the Heavens.

For some reason, Isaac Asimov's Nightfall has always stuck in my head when I hear about Eclipses'. The book was a short story turned novel and here is a little synopse from amazon I just borrowed ---

Because of its six suns, the planet Kalgash is bathed in perpetual sunlight. However, once every 2,049 years all six suns are eclipsed, plunging the planet into total darkness and causing widespread madness that results in the civilization's complete destruction, thus allowing the cycle to begin again. Night fall , expanded from Asimov's 1941 award-winning short story, lets readers experience the cataclysmic event through the eyes and biases of a newspaperman, an astronomer, an archaeologist, a psychologist, and a religious fanatic. This novel improves upon the original through the use of better developed characters and an expanded, more textured story that results in an absorbing, richer tale. - John Lawson, Fairfax County Public Library, Fairfax,

It's a book I'm sure you've probably read, but for those who haven't, I highly recommend it. Really hits close to home as far as mainstream science's refusal to accept something that goes against their thinking.

Anyhow, I really love how we can see things that happen halfway around the world from the comfort of our homes. Knowledge cannot be hidden from the masses anymore, we are truly a global community today.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Aww!! I missed it! Anyone know if there is a recorded video of it?

Thanks for posting OP

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Woot! This appears to be the whole live video of today's solar eclipse on Easter Island.

www.youtube.com...

Embedding below...

[edit on 7/11/2010 by agent violet]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

I am looking at that very book right now on my bookshelf... one of my all time favorites! In fact, I haven't read it for a while, I think I will read it again.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Excellent video, thanks agent violet!

It stayed total for a long time!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I know, I really enjoyed it as well. It's been years since I've read it but it's story has stuck in my mind since. I went searching for a copy on Amazon and the only one was from a reseller for $160+ bucks, lol. I remember reading and waiting for the climax, when Nightfall hit and the Stars came out and the reaction of all the naysayers, great reading!

I will have to check my local used book stores for a copy, I want to re-read it as well!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hey kids! Here are some awesome pics from Easter Island today.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fryaga
Hey, no worries - this event belongs to the world, for all to see.

I'm just the schmuck who found a good link.

Also to add, I vote this the image of the day

- Fry

As an avid X-Files fan, I have to say that is one SWEET photo!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It was very beautiful, its too bad I was not there.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Totally amazing ! But funny we humans... One will still travel many miles to see an eclipse. as many of the avid did. No different to the stone age are we in amazment at something in the sky

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This is amazing. Thank you for posting.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the vid, and nice pics shame i didn't know about this as i stay in New Zealand just down the road from easter island lol ah well i need to keep informed more lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join