It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery of Second Pipe Stirs Debate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
I try to keep an even keel about things around here...so much doom and gloom day in and day out, you gotta take it all with a grain of salt for the sake of your sanity...

BUT, in part because I live in the gulf region, this oil spill has me seriously freaked the f out! The damn thing is NOT getting better. We all know that BP isn't saying publicly all the the things they are privy to. But what the hell aren't they saying?! Ahh!

I hope hope this thing leads to worldwide energy transformation, at least!

They will never tell the whole story. Even if it isn't going to fix it they will say its fixed. The media will back them up. They do it with everything.

Unemployment falls to 9.5% but we lost 125,000 jobs last month. How did they do that? Just not include 625,000 poeple who stopped looking for work.

The stock market is going up. Everything is getting better. Don't worry about the fall in americans credit score where they can't get credit at an affordable rate anymore or the Commercial real estate market that has had their maturity date pushed out years as to avoid a total collapse.

The list goes on.There is nothing we can do. The majority of the people watch news and get their information from them. I really can't think of a thing to do. The only way change would occur is a catastrophe of biblical porportions. Then we would all be doomed

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

if you think BP is european check who is the main shareholder...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by A Novel

of course we want to help and as far as I know there was no talk about money, but you have to pay for the fuel and crews of the ships or should we do it like you guys and we should all pay for it? by the way BP's already spent over 3 billion on that cleanup so you are trying to tell me they can't pay for a few extra ships to clean up that mess? and it is more concerning to us than you would expect because if anybody would do this here what your government is doing to you (taking away free speech and press plus lies lies lies) we would just hang the bitch on a short rope from the nearest tree and that would be it. for unknown reason you guys are tolerating a muslim kenyan telling you what to do in your own backyard. that is both amazing and hard to comprehend...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The photograph appears to show the elevators and not actual drill pipe. The heavy lift elevators have to be capable of lifting a mile of 5 inch pipe so they are robust and they come in pairs. Surely you realize that they add thirty + feet in each drill length so they constantly lift the bore to add pipe. Laying pipe...

If the rig looses the drill, which apparently happened in this instance, then the elevators might just get stuck in the Blow Out Prevention device and the hydraulics might not be able to cut them without damaging the casing. Think of putting a long screw driver in a copper pipe and bending it over. The torsion causes the casing to rupture and the cascade is catastrophic failure, with tragic and terrible results.

Condolences to all those who are affected. Just may be all of us.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lazimodo

FURTHER COMMENT:

Just saw the news, they are saying its two pieces of casing which is pretty much worst case for the side bore relief option unless they can take the pressure off to get hydraulic cement down far enough and long enough but at current pressures it will be a long time running. Panic now, avoid the rush, I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join