It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery of Second Pipe Stirs Debate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
you COULD be out in the streets demanding to know what's going on, demanding that foreign experts be allowed in, etc, etc,

It would be nice if more people thought like you but you see, everybody seems to think they know what's going on. There's a whole thread dedicated to watching an illusion: imagery of a "oil well leak" provided by the criminals. Some days it looks black, some days it looks brown, some days it looks like it has flames. One day I saw an eel swimming around in it like it was taking a routine heat scrub before continuing on.

As it stands now, if any foreign experts sneaked in the area with their own submersible they'd probably get a bullet between the eyes from Black Water.

Why would they go to all this trouble to keep the public from knowing what's really going on over there?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hi guys..

I was watching this video on another thread, www.abovetopsecret.com....

At 2:55 in the video, the anchor clearly says they're bringing in a new vessel to begin "...collecting from a different part of the leak..."!

What the hell?! If I understand this correctly, there is another leak big enough to warrant a whole new recovery vessel attached to it.

Where is this leak they're talking about? The anchor sort of mentions it in passing.

Anyone else notice that?

Regards

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I try to keep an even keel about things around here...so much doom and gloom day in and day out, you gotta take it all with a grain of salt for the sake of your sanity...

BUT, in part because I live in the gulf region, this oil spill has me seriously freaked the f out! The damn thing is NOT getting better. We all know that BP isn't saying publicly all the the things they are privy to. But what the hell aren't they saying?! Ahh!

I hope hope this thing leads to worldwide energy transformation, at least!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by b.jim
Coast Guard and BP admit “MYSTERIOUS second pipe” stuck in BOP; Experts say indicates casing “dislodged”

Coast Guard? BP? Am I supposed to believe what the Coast Guard and BP have to say? Are people starting to go insane around here?

IMO, the source(s) of the information in this case aren't really as important as the information being presented.

I'm amazed BP and the Coast Guard admitted to anything. Throughout this entire disaster it's become apparent to me that the Coast Guard was as ill-equipped to handle this kind of disaster as BP was. Now look at them! The Coast Guard looks like BP's little puppy dog because of it.

The entire "BP should be held accountable" tactic implies BP is competent enough to organize the cleanup and response measures, which they obviously are not! Thus, IMO, Obama's approach was flawed from the very beginning. He was very good at telling Americans what they wanted to hear but not very good at making it happen.

You'd think we would've learned our lesson from ecological disasters like the Exxon Valdez spill when everyone was as ill-equipped to handle the catastrophe as BP and the Coast Guard are now. And what we'll eventually see is that the entire industry will never be prepared because nothing will change just like nothing changed after the Exxon Valdez spill (I was up here in Alaska when it happened).

At some point you just get so frustrated about the whole scenario and the actions of BP officials and the government that you just start blocking out all of it because you come to the realization that noone really knows what the hell they're talking about.

The second pipe does exist though! Please see the afore-posted photograph.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yes this disaster seems to get worse and worse every day. Now, to me it seems like the Oil Spill itself is the lesser of the worries right now. The reports of the rig drilling the 1st relief well has already experienced gas and have sealed rig to keep gas out.

This article was interesting and full of good info.

The Moho, or mantle, lies beneath the gabbros layer of ocean crust at depths that vary from about 5-10 km. beneath the ocean floor, to about 40 km. beneath the continents, to as much as 70 km. beneath some mountain ranges. This shows that one could possibly expect to be drilling the earth’s mantle by 18,000 ft+ (BP’s Macondo could have been drilled much deeper than 18,000 feet). The deeper you drill the higher the temperatures and pressures which will be encountered. There are other wells within a 50-mile radius of Macondo may have had reservoir pressures of 14474 psi at temp of 212 F at a depth of 15,000 ft (Ref: JPT (Journal of Petroleum Technology, June 2009, www.onepetro.org))

So did BP hit the mantle with this one or a reserve that transitions near the mantle thus a large source of heat?

It sounds like they've hit a type of reservoir that hasn't been encountered yet. The quote below is interesting in that they've attempted to hit the mantle before and hit a fossil magma chamber only 1.4kms below the seafloor.

Background - In December 2005 (www.sciencedaily.com...), scientists aboard IODP (Integrated Ocean Drilling Program) Expedition 312 approached mantle depths while drilling to investigate superfast seafloor spreading rates. The research expedition penetrated volcanic rock (gabbros) and reached a fossil magma chamber lying 1.4 kilometers beneath the seafloor.

So again it sounds like these a-holes at BP threw it all down on snake eyes and lost. I'm sure they knew it was going to be difficult to control before they started but were arrogant enough to think they could control a large unknown. Once all the investigations are done years from now I'm positive it will be revealed that BP knew the potential danger drilling there would do based on seismic data of the formation but went ahead anyway without being able to control any problems that may arise.

More needs to be done to find out about the reports of the tar balls being more radioactive than normal for deep well oil. Aparently Canada has lots of "Red Oil" which I was not aware of.

To Add:

I too have seen the bright green stuff watching the feeds and it may be Anti-Freeze to break up any Methan Hydrates that are clogging up the cap.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

I am intrigued by your re-focusing debate onto the radioactivity.

Another thing I am thinking is this. What questions should we be asking about the pollutant, health and environmental impacts of higher than normal environmentally encountered background radioactivity levels being put into the oil consumption chain (not just transport fuel, but also plastics, fertilizers etc...) and what checks are we making to monitor such changes to those products?

i.e. Even if oil producers (anywhere) succeed in extracting deeper 'red' oil reserves and processing it, what then happens to any more radioactive content as it enters our above-earth world, and our environment/bodies?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

IMO, the source(s) of the information in this case aren't really as important as the information being presented.

Why does this case make the sources of information unimportant? Is it because 99.99% of the sources of information we have come from a bunch of lying scumbag hard core criminals? Ignore the fact that the persons giving you the information are murderers because of the information they are presenting. Even though the only way to verify the information presented is to take our own submersible 5,000 ft below the sea while avoiding getting our heads blown off by Black Water, we should still consider the "information being presented".

The Coast Guard looks like BP's little puppy dog because of it.

The Coast Guard IS under the control of BP... they are BP's puppy dog... They rule the US federal government... seems like Americans are getting conditioned to accept that fact.

MO, Obama's approach was flawed from the very beginning.

Obama, like the Coast Guard, is just another "puppy dog" following BP orders

You'd think we would've learned our lesson from ecological disasters

There's that "disaster" hype again. When you get your own submersible sub and you can get to the well head and back without getting your head blown off by Black Water, then I'll believe you when you tell me it's a "disaster".

....you come to the realization that noone really knows what the hell they're talking about.

and neither do most of the posters here on ATS since they are simply repeating the "information" BP and the government are "presenting."

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

(they only have 1 try to get it right)

Te relief wells can run numerous tries at hitting the blown out well.
If they miss they just back up 50 feet and cement the hole and and correct to get closer.
There steerable bits will hit it some time. Each try they log the hole till they hit it. Or more likely they are using a Logging while Drilling system and can track the drill at the blown out well casing.
whyfiles.org...

The photos of the two pipes in the cutoff riser don't look anything like a drill pipe and a casing. One would be bigger then the other.

They are identical size and are both drill string.

Some way a piece of drill string got lose on the drill floor and fell down the riser between the explosion on the rig and the BOP shear ram activation.
Likely the annular ram was part way closed to control the gas kick and the falling drill pipe forced its way though and a joint of one of the drill strings is in the shear ram blocking it from cutting both strings.

The annular ram is made to seal around a round drill pipe not two drill pipes.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
THERE ARE TWO LEAKS... It was said at the very start in april that besides the well that blew up the deepwater horizon rig there was another leak 5-6 miles away on another platform. I have a very reliable source not inside BP but working for another company an expert engineer. The pressure at deepwater horizon was in the range of 70000-100000 PSI. The drilling equipment is certified only up to 15000 PSI. That is why the rig blew up. Now the new BOP that according to the so called live feeds have been put on is still the equipment certified for tops 15000 PSI so how come it is holding back the pressure multiple times stronger than it is designed for? If it was so easy they would have replaced the BOP in the first week or 2 after the explosion and the whole thing would be over. So my source says whatever the feeds are showin is NOT the deepwater horizon site. There is over 2600 abandoned wells in the gulf which of 600 are BP's sites. They are just showing us some other site. Then the no fly zone would make sense so we cannot exactly check where the ships that are operating the live feeds are exactly located. The two relief wells that they are drilling is a completely ridiculous idea since first of all this method does not work on fractured piping and it does not work at that kind of pressure. The previous cap that we have been seeing collecting oil just proves that those feeds are not on the deepwater horizon site. Because if it was so simple to harvest oil that way nobody would build oil rigs costing that cost hundreds millions they would just drill holes in the seafloor then place those cheap ass caps with a hose and fill up tankers straight up at the surface . Remeber it's all about the money so if it could be done cheaper it would have been done this way...

Now the most important part why would you show the public 12 live feeds of the BOP 24/7? Because thanks to this public BELIVES that there is a wellhead and situation is not that bad. My source has reliable information that there is no wellhead just a HOLE IN THE SEABED. If they gave this information to the public BP would be done so instead they show us another site live feeds and thanks to that are able to hide the truth from the public. THAT IS THE REAL SITUATION. That's why there is so much secrecy about it because they have absolutely no idea what to do as we have not yet ever encountered SUCH A HUGE DEPOSIT AT SUCH A HIGH PRESSURE. So that is going to be our FIRST ATTEMP to deal with a situation like this.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by yarosh

You know what.... I keep questioning why, when there is so much secrecy about this situation, we are being allowed to watch live feeds via ROV's, when all above ground is under strict control. Why no fly zone? why media blackouts? why beach access restrictions etc?, yet, we can ALL watch it fall apart underwater..... It doesn't really make sense. I they'd come clean from the start, and told us how bad it was, we might then be able to watch them fix it (although I doubt it). Lets face it, if there is a minor traffic incident or a domestic round the corner of where you live, the police cordon it off and tell you NOTHING. They always tell you NOTHING.

So here we are watching the biggest catastrophe in world history live via underwater cameras.... hmmm?

I seriously begin to doubt what we are being shown, as you have clearly stated. It's all a massive lie and we won't know the truth until its actually too late to do anything about it.

This site is great for picking up information from a wide and varied public, some with facts, others with thoughts and observations, but as far as live feeds and leaks are concerned, we have no way of knowing. They may as well switch off the feeds for all the truth they reveal.

I wish to god, someone inside BP would grass them up and tell us the bloody truth!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
nobody will rat them out because he would simply be killed... with the amount of money and power backing up corporations like that killing somebody to silence them would be nothing extraordinary nor would it matter to anyone...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
by the way I'm from europe and we are very angry about the way usa is handling this thing. If it was only your local problem then fine you don't want an outside help ok, you spray deadly chemicals on your land fine with us also but this thing is not your local agenda... That polluted water is going to reach europe pretty soon and we banned corexit for a reason since it is now reaching international waters that kind of stops beeing your local problem and becomes an international agenda. Why your government is not allowing us to help you? We have oil collecting ships sitting idle while the oil just floats to the shore in the gulf? What is your government trying to hide? If the situation is as serious as my source claims then we would like to be included in the team working to solve the problem. Because if your secret team fails it will affect us too (for an example if the sea floor collapses or the methane deposit explodes). We are actually shocked by the way your government treats you and just tells you to F off? What the hell a president is just a person representing the people so if he is doing #ty job just remove him from the office and replace him with somebody competent...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yes i saw at least ONE pipe poking out of the flange
when it was removed it was spewing oil out as well
as the actual main riser pipe.only saw one though.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by yarosh

The european governments do not want to help. They offered to help for a price. Help and volunteering does not come in the form of profit. If you guys are so concerned then volunteer your efforts.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by yarosh

..... And I'm in the UK!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
This site is great for picking up information from a wide and varied public, some with facts, others with thoughts and observations....

.... and many others with lies and disinformation....

ATS doesn't have troll filters... in fact in regards to this "disaster" it attracts them like fly paper.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by V1g0r0u5

At last check? there are 3 leaks from the same well. The 2 we do not hear about, are considered to be a lost cause and nothing can be done about them. They, and correct me if wrong, are the smaller leaks. The largest leak is at the drill point itself.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
They should really admit what is really happening to stop all of the confusion.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yarosh

That's brilliant, except for the fact that this disaster was brought to us by .........europe. Yep, it's British Petroleum, you know, from England?
And we'd all be more than happy if they would exile Obama to a location near you.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
And they have said that the 'bottom kill' wont work if the casing is damaged.

Are they really drilling those relief wells as a place to drop an explosive device?

georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

www.latimes.com...

As the Los Angeles Times notes today: A team of scientists from the Energy Department discovered a new twist: Their sophisticated imaging equipment detected not one but two drill pipes, side by side, inside the wreckage of the well's blowout preventer on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. BP officials said it was impossible. The Deepwater Horizon rig, which drilled the well, used a single pipe, connected in segments, to bore 13,000 feet below the ocean floor. But when workers cut into the wreckage to install a containment cap this month, sure enough, they found two pipes.

BP's "Bottom Kill" Solution Might Just Cause More Oil To Spill

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

Thous are not "relief" wells, there the new production wells.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join