It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery of Second Pipe Stirs Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

on a (potentially inappropriate) lighter note, that weird al video was chocked full of megawin. i didn't know about that one. boy, that weird al is a genius ... so not a one trick pony.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think BP is full of funny guys and crack monkeys

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
BP Contractor: ‘What This Company Is Doing To This Country Right Now Is Just Wrong’

There are some very great, hardworking individuals in there. But the bottom line is just about money. There are some very cutthroat individuals. They’re not worried about cleaning up that spill as it is. . . . I will never have loyalty to this company. I will always have loyalty to my country. And my country comes first. What this company is doing to this country right now is just wrong.

They are starting to come out of the woodworks...

Link

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I was watching the live cam last night when they did the first attempt to put on the tighter cap, and the darn thing literally flew right off the well after about 3 minutes (no time to attach anything). They have since reattached it. During that time a piece of metal, which I had not noticed before, was sticking up right out of the middle of the pipe where oil is leaking.

I regularly watch the feeds, so this happened sometime around 3am-4am eastern time Sunday morning.

Live feeds from remotely operated vehicles (ROV)

[edit on 11-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This link is quite the 'convincing' read for the sheep. They say this guy is the Red Adair of blowouts. Well, maybe he is, but why did they wait so long? Is he waiting for a magic number before he does anything? Why wasn't he on scene 70 days ago?

Oh wait..... I know....

Maybe it has something to do with the BOOTS N COOTS overalls he's wearing!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
This link is quite the 'convincing' read for the sheep. They say this guy is the Red Adair of blowouts. Well, maybe he is, but why did they wait so long? Is he waiting for a magic number before he does anything? Why wasn't he on scene 70 days ago?

Oh wait..... I know....

LOL...good one. But he "has no doubts" that this will work? Or that the oil will stop? I find that hard to believe. If BP could have stopped this leak, it would have been stopped already. After all who likes losing a few hundred million dollars a day?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by OuttaTime

Oh wait..... I know....

LOL...good one. But he "has no doubts" that this will work? Or that the oil will stop? I find that hard to believe. If BP could have stopped this leak, it would have been stopped already. After all who likes losing a few hundred million dollars a day?

I thought the same thing. Just because he shows up, the leak stops out of fear of his presence
. BP isn't worried about the money. They probably make a billion a day so losing 10% in the short term is probably no biggie.
What I want to know is how superman plans to fix that casing sticking out of the BOP.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by b.jim

who cares about the second pipe. We should be concerned with all the toxins pouring into our oceans causing the air we breath to be lethal . Why our government is sitting idle not warning the people is beyound me. We as americans need to get off are butts and start doing somthing because it is cleary apparent they the goverment and that abomination obama are doing nothing.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am totally sickened by BP. GET OFF THE CRACK PIPE, no the oil well is not a large crack pipe. They making it up as they go along? THis thing , with all that pressure will just eventually burrow an even larger hole that will get bigger and bigger. HEY BP, shove a few more golf balls down there, maybe it will work this time. OH, and don't forget the golf cart. I'm sure the CEO has plenty of that equipment lying around. just kill the ocean, meanwhile your slitting your own throat of oxegen. just kill all the plant life and fish, soon you yourself will be on the EXTINCT LIST. GOV'T TAKE OVER OF BP AND MONEY TO GO TO CLEANNER WATERS AND WE THE PEOPLE LIVELY HOOD. I hate BP, i have never bought any gas from them.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
With all that pressure it is a matter of time, the hole is getting bigger and bigger. Soon all the pipes will be at the bottom of the ocean and we will never be able to cap it because of it's size in diameter and pressure. IS THIS HOW THEY KILL U.S.A?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
They know the hole is getting bigger, why do you think they brang in the big ship to attack this problem. This is way out of hand, someone needs to stop this NOW.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
does anyone know what this ROV is looking at?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b6de24cae02.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
maybe the second pipe was an attempt at shutting this thing down gone wrong...is it possible that fluke with the sizemagraphs all over the world going off simotaniously could have been a nuke attempt at stopping the oil flow...all the clues are there ....bp puts us on a live feed loop for how long and we all ask what are they hiding...then sizemagraphs all over the world go off and people ask it would have to be a huge shift very deep underground for something like that to happen....then a second pipe emerges just a short while longer and problem not fixed....just trying to piece events together...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
if a nuke has actually been detonated down there it would explain why there is a radioactive trace to the oil washing up all over the gulf and texas...if they tried the nuke and it didn't work at shutting this thing where do we go from here....everybody thinks a nuke is a last resort effort, but what if it has already been tried???????

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PPGrocks
maybe the second pipe was an attempt at shutting this thing down gone wrong...is it possible that fluke with the sizemagraphs all over the world going off simotaniously could have been a nuke attempt at stopping the oil flow...all the clues are there ....bp puts us on a live feed loop for how long and we all ask what are they hiding...then sizemagraphs all over the world go off and people ask it would have to be a huge shift very deep underground for something like that to happen....then a second pipe emerges just a short while longer and problem not fixed....just trying to piece events together...

If it was a nuke, nothing down there would exist anymore...everything would be in rubble. Its also not a "loop" If you look at the time stamps you can see clearly that it is the correct time(s). Also, most seismographs go off at the same time during any earthquake: Live Internet Seismic Server. Proof is the most recent Chilean earthquake. It was picked up on numerous seismographs across the globe. Also the only person in the US that can authorize the use of any kind of nuclear device is the President of the US. And that is not something that can be hidden from the public. Also would require more drilling, which would not go unnoticed.

Even the seismograph in Massachusetts picked up the quake.
Link to exact page: Data from station HRV (Adam Dziewonski Observatory (Oak Ridge), Massachussetts, USA)

So if ANY nuke was launched, we'd know it within a half hour on those charts, and immediately from the USGS RSS feed. Most recent earthquakes (World) Past 7 days

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
man oh man, this is getting out of control. no what its been out of control. this is a slow moving tragedy, which makes it so hard to realize just how Eff'd up things are gonna be.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Good question...whatever its looking at, the hole is filling with green gases...

Live feed here: Live feeds from Enterprise – ROV 2

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PPGrocks
if a nuke has actually been detonated down there it would explain why there is a radioactive trace to the oil washing up all over the gulf and texas...if they tried the nuke and it didn't work at shutting this thing where do we go from here....everybody thinks a nuke is a last resort effort, but what if it has already been tried???????

Incorrect. The oil is a little radioactive naturally. If there was an actual Nuclear event- there would be more than a trace-even with a tactical nuke.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
So the question remains, how is this thing ever going to be stopped?
In my opinion, this is the sort of economic disaster that ruins nations. As other commenters have pointed out, this is a fairly slow moving disaster, and I think we still have some time before the full economic effects of this disaster are truly felt.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by b.jim

What gets me about the whole BOP thing is everything looks like
it was designed to be manually controlled by Humans on the seafloor.
But that's Impossible, humans can't work down there. If BP would have
gone to the moon, they would have used a Chevy Nova and just
duck taped the windows up.

All the knobs and switchs have to turned by BOTs on sea floor.
Does this sound crazy?. They can run cables down to the BOTs, so
they can't use that excuse.

Theres no special underwater BOT tools or arms, they are all tools meant
to be used by humans duck taped to a endofector. There are no
specially designed BOTs capable of working on such heavy equipment
either.

They never really expected to have faults on the BOP, and it was
certainly never meant to be repaired so far down.

Chevron knew about BOP failures more than 10 years ago, and they
still continue to use them. And they have very high propabilty of
failure. And BOP failures in the GULF happen all the time, but this is
the only one that has runamuck.

But from here, everything they do can not be undone and it's never
been done before and there is nothing to compare to.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join