It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery of Second Pipe Stirs Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Coast Guard and BP admit “MYSTERIOUS second pipe” stuck in BOP; Experts say indicates casing “dislodged”

It seems as if the pressures have forced up from below a section of pipe. BP said this was impossible. If true, it's really bad news.

For the first time Friday, the Coast Guard and BP acknowledged that a mysterious second pipe, wedged next to the drill pipe in what remains of the Deepwater Horizon’s riser, is fouling up the works where the well is spewing hundreds of millions of gallons of crude oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

From Florida Oilspill Law

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
geez
Lindsey Williams and some of the other independant experts have been saying since day one the pipe is pooched and how that was going to progress.

As I type he is saying there is 40,000 psi plus the differential of the weight of the water 70,000 psi at the well head in that pipe, and that they knew the pipe was preforated and shattered, because oil was comming
out 20 miles away... and that's from experts at Atlantic Ritchfield.

a regular well at 1,600 psi is considered exceptionaly high.

PB won't stop the well.
they want to bring it in, because it is unlikely they will get to drill another one and this one is the biggest stream ever- big enough to make
the expense they will have to pay worth it...
who cares how many people die in the process...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
And they have said that the 'bottom kill' wont work if the casing is damaged.

Are they really drilling those relief wells as a place to drop an explosive device?

georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

www.latimes.com...

As the Los Angeles Times notes today: A team of scientists from the Energy Department discovered a new twist: Their sophisticated imaging equipment detected not one but two drill pipes, side by side, inside the wreckage of the well's blowout preventer on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. BP officials said it was impossible. The Deepwater Horizon rig, which drilled the well, used a single pipe, connected in segments, to bore 13,000 feet below the ocean floor. But when workers cut into the wreckage to install a containment cap this month, sure enough, they found two pipes.

BP's "Bottom Kill" Solution Might Just Cause More Oil To Spill

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is one of the things that Richard C. Hoagland has been saying on Coast to Coast AM for weeks now. It's an enormous bomb just waiting for the exact right conditions to explode. Then we're all screwed.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They definitely knew about the two pipes in the casing. I got the picture showing the two pipes from the video they made detailing the procedure.

Source
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7e23256b002.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by b.jim

So what you're really saying, is that BP is a bunch of incompetent retards?

Ok. I'll agree to this. Is the recent stop the spill attempt affected?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by b.jim

So what you're really saying, is that BP is a bunch of incompetent retards?

Ok. I'll agree to this. Is the recent stop the spill attempt affected?

I dont think they're incompetent. They just have priorities that you (and i) dont like.

I mean, their ability to get at the oil is quite impressive. Its just that they dont put any energy into the 'what if's'.

That isnt incompetence. Its negligence.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I suppose you are right. It reminds me of Mass Effect 2's Cerberus. Only difference is those guys took care of their mistakes and had the right priorities.

Still, there is some incompetence in risking worker's lives.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

All of what is happening now feels like it is a part of something greater that we just don't have the pieces to, so as to make them fit into the picture.

I am referring to the warships in Costa Rica, the Coast Guard's new non-transparency to the clean up, a second pipe in the BOP, the illnesses, the fact we have no idea of the current environmental damage that is really unfolding, even the possible detonation of a nuke.

All of this and more is pointing so something, but what? I wish I had a crystal ball to see, and I probably wouldn't believe it even if it was 100% accurate.
Waiting to see what comes of this will probably be the final straw on the camel's back and as a people, we are unable to stop this chain of events.

May the gods help us all.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
BP has known for a while about the broken pipe piece in the BOP. This obviously means one of the pipes is fractured down below. The other interesting thing is the two different colors of output from that spewing well. There definitely appears to be two different kinds of outflow from that well, one darker, one lighter. This would indicate that those two pipes are not being fed by the same source. One is probably spewing out oil from the bottom of the well. The other is probably spewing out oil and methane from an entirely different chamber they drilled through down below, where the well is fractured.

It would seem that the well casing would have to be fractured somewhere down below in order for there to be two distinctly different colored outflows from those pipes. This means the bottom kill won't work. This means they won't be able to stop it, which means eventually the well will erode away, beginning wherever it is fractured. This is just the beginning of the real disaster that's yet to come.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by Gorman91

All of what is happening now feels like it is a part of something greater that we just don't have the pieces to, so as to make them fit into the picture.

I am referring to the warships in Costa Rica, the Coast Guard's new non-transparency to the clean up, a second pipe in the BOP, the illnesses, the fact we have no idea of the current environmental damage that is really unfolding, even the possible detonation of a nuke.

All of this and more is pointing so something, but what? I wish I had a crystal ball to see, and I probably wouldn't believe it even if it was 100% accurate.
Waiting to see what comes of this will probably be the final straw on the camel's back and as a people, we are unable to stop this chain of events.

May the gods help us all.

It sure feels like something bigger is hiding behind the curtain. There have been a few high profile ex-CEOs from other oil companies and in the petroleum field that say the relief wells are a 50/50 chance at succeeding (just like the top kill effort). If the casing is damaged, they may still have a chance as long as the bottom casing isn't damaged, but even still it's a Halliburton surprise.. If they screw up the relief drills (they only have 1 try to get it right) then we'll have 3 gushers until it erodes the whole thing up. Then we are, as they say, SKREWWWD!
They gotta be running some mad Ground Penetration Radar to monitor progress every second of the way. Let's see how good their aim is.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

It would also explain why:
* the BOP is tilted
* the possible uplifting of the sea floor
* the large cracks around the area of undetermined length, size, and depth
* the multitude of different ejecta bursting out in concentrated pockets
* removing the top hat for a week was an assinine decision

If the casing AND the sleeve are both damaged, the erosion is probably chomping large chunks of seabed away at that pressure. It'll cave in or explode since there isn't enough force to pop out a 450+ ton assembly from the sea floor. Those are some tricksey hobbitses

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

If they drilled through a huge pocket of compressed frozen methane hydrate on their way to the oil, and if the well has fractured within that methane hydrate section, and warm oil is eroding into that section, things can only get worse. But it's going to take a little while, there's a LOT of rock between all that and the bottom of the gulf. If this is true, pressure and output at the wellhead should be increasing over time as more and more methane is released as more and more of that well erodes away. Only BP knows what they have drilled through and what they are detecting in the outflow they have tried to recover so far. They should know precisely where the well is likely fractured. Their drilling logs should provide all the clues.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by b.jim
Coast Guard and BP admit “MYSTERIOUS second pipe” stuck in BOP; Experts say indicates casing “dislodged”

Coast Guard? BP? Am I supposed to believe what the Coast Guard and BP have to say? Are people starting to go insane around here?

Not only is it true that if a lie is repeated often enough people believe it, but if known liars lie often enough people believe them.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

I've been reading revelations. If that's true, next comes a yellow stone explosion-level event.

If we read it in the original Greek verse, it hints at those "1/3rd" of sea creatures that go extinct actually have souls. Dolphins perhaps?

Just food for thought.

What comes next is scary though, if it is right. Almost sounds like an independence day-like alien invasion.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

If your second paragraph rings true we are in for it. I have read your postings on other BP threads and admire your knowledge on the subject.

Now please tell me it isn't so.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

The warships of Costa Rica could be a result of the current problems in Panama. I received the following alert for US citizens residing in Costa Rica from the Warden at the US Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica:

The U.S. Embassy in San Jose alerts U.S. citizens about large-scale
protests in Changuinola, Bocas del Toro Province of Panama. According
to information we have received, protesters have blocked the roads in
and out of Changuinola, and the areas of Punta Torre, Finca 3, Finca 8,
Finca 15 and Finca 30 are also blocked off. These protests may last for
several days. U.S. citizens in Bocas del Toro are urged to exercise
heightened security awareness and to avoid the Changuinola area. U.S.
citizens planning to cross into Panama from Costa Rica, using the border
at Sixaola, are strongly urged to alter their route or postpone their
travel until the protests have ended.

That said, I completely agree with the observation that BP's priorities are not the
same as that of the American people. They are a BUSINESS in the business of making money, plane and simple. They have run the cost benefit analysis and have
decided that the relief well scheme will benefit them the most in the long run. Part of the scheme is to bury the as much of the problem as possible. Hence, the use of environmentally unsound dispersant, media control etc. Out of sight they hope means out of mind and they will eventually recoup their public image and stock prices will rebound just as ExxonMobil's has. BP is selling their oil the same today as they were a day before this holocaust began due to the way that oil is distributed in this country. BP will not suffer in the long term, they know that.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

BP won't stop the well.

they want to bring it in ... this one is the biggest stream ever

Clampetts Strike Oil

[edit on 11-7-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I agree, and I'm hoping they take better precautions this time as they should know what they're up against. If the pressure down there is 70,000 psi and the casing can only take 40,000 psi, it will be Horizon V2.0
Insuring a proper cement job will be hard too, as the last part of the drilling is almost horizontal. Hard to fill a horizontal pipe properly, but can be done if using 110% of anticipated casing cement volume. If they can cement the casing properly, I also wonder if cavitation at the penetration point at that pressure and velocity will slowly erode back up into the relief pipe (causing concerns about the intersect points/unions). What I'm concerned about now is the new top hat. If it is more restrictive to decrease BOP discharge so they can siphon more off, it also creates more back-pressure which will then increase outflow of that goop through cracked casings and into the seabed. That additional back-pressure will also slightly increase the pressure into the relief well penetration. And also at the entry point to the cavern, will more drilling near that location weaken the stability of the cavern exit points?
I'm just crossong my fingers at this point

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join