It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and Kerry are not as dissimilar as we think!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i know this may not be a popular idea or even a knew one but in light of a thread the other day outlining how the two are related...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

so i thought we should discuss how the two are similar rather than dissimilar. the point of this being to show that they are more the same than they are different.

i think aside from ideology they're pretty similar. they're both rich white guys who have tried at one time or another to give this image they are part of the common man but are really elitists and have the same goal, more power.

i dont want to see arguments on how theyre not similar or have nothing in common, we can find that anywhere. i challenge EVERYONE to site examples on how YOU think they are similar. tell us something that shows how these two are not as different as they'd like us to think. if you cant or wont...dont post here.

i made this thread with the idea of challening our own ways of thinking. i think they're "us Vs them" mentality to be nothing more than an act and i want to see if anyone else can see this. break out of that mold and point it out themselves.

the more we point out how similar they are, the harder it becomes to tow a party line and support either candidate. so lets do some thinking and point out their similarities.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Great idea! These two candidates certainly have their similarities, in background and in politics, even though they try hard to hide it. Let's look at some similarities in their platforms:

Environment

John Kerry understands the connection between air pollution and public health. As President, he will immediately reverse the Bush-Cheney rollbacks of our nation�s Clean Air laws, plug loopholes in the laws, and vigorously enforce them. He will take bold steps to protect the health of all Americans - particularly our most vulnerable seniors and children - by adopting an aggressive program to meet ozone and air quality standards, stop acid rain, and reduce mercury emissions. His plan also includes addressing global warming emissions through a combination of innovative programs that will drive technology change and create jobs.

www.johnkerry.com...

Clear Skies, President Bush�s initiative to improve the nation�s air quality, is the most aggressive initiative in American history to cut power plant emissions, as well as a bold new strategy for addressing global climate change. Clear Skies would dramatically improve air quality by cutting power plant emissions of three critical pollutants - sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and mercury - by 70 percent, more than any other presidential clean air initiative. These reductions would be mandatory and would achieve 35 million more tons of reductions from Clear Skies in the next decade than what we could get under business as usual with the current Clean Air Act.

The President�s historic proposal would bring cleaner air to Americans faster, more reliably, and more cost-effectively than under current law. It would save Americans as much as $1 billion annually in compliance costs that are passed along to American consumers, while improving air quality and protecting the reliability and affordability of electricity for consumers. Clear Skies would cut pollution further, faster, cheaper - and with more certainty - eliminating the need for expensive and uncertain litigation as a means of achieving clean air.

www.georgewbush.com...

Education

As President, John Kerry will roll up his sleeves and get things done for America�s schools. It�s time to stop sending new mandates from Washington to school districts without providing the necessary resources needed to carry out those new rules. That�s why John Kerry is proposing a new �Education Trust Fund� that means fully funding education, no questions asked.

John Kerry also believes that given the demands of a global economy, every single child has to be able to reach high standards in order to prosper. To ensure that all children can meet high standards, we need to do so much more to improve our public education system. John Kerry will support teachers, reduce class sizes, and rebuild crumbling schools.

www.johnkerry.com...

Since the No Child Left Behind Act was signed into law by President Bush the U.S. Department of Education has been working to implement this landmark Act to ensure that every child receives a high quality education.

In fact, President Bush has announced that his Administration has approved every state�s locally developed education accountability plan. Every plan is uniquely designed to give parents and communities the tools they need to achieve the fundamental goal of the President�s bipartisan education law - making sure that every school is performing at grade level in reading and math.

www.georgewbush.com...

It's amazing how they can attack each other's policies, while having the same goals. I have to wonder how much of this they truly believe, and how much is just polical spin.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
thank you for that post! very nice indeed! it also reenforces my belief that they want the same thing but have a different path getting there.

if the end result is the same why are they arguing over technique rather than the end result? it really makes a person question why doesnt it?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
And don't forget their Skull & Bones links.

top topics

join