It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtually everything seems to be a lie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminati_2012

If there are all these things that predict every damn crisis then why don't all you prophets go stop it?

For there to even be a set destiny for certain events means they cannot be changed and there goes your free-will!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"Release that fear. Release it and breathe deeply. Take your freedom back with every breath."

Did you know that the group U2...especially BONO are in with "them" as well....check it out they are part of the PTB.
Just like Elton John and others that have been knighted!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've been kind of flooded by these ideas the last two years myself, and the more things I look into, the more it seems we're being conditioned to accept a state of sort of perpetual confusion and disorientation/anxiety and thus immobility. I feel as if there's an attempt to neutralize us and that the top members of various elites in America are allying more closely in the process all the time.

The key to all this is the elite that controls media (which in economic terms is the same elite that owns a lot of the banks and financial institutions). I never or rather remotely entertained the idea that Illuminati actually existed until just recently, but the number of youtubes out there on Illuminati/Mason symbols in movies and in even odder places, like the more popular strands of hip hop led by icons like Rhiana, J eze, Lady Gaga, etc. is throwing out Illuniati symbols all over the place. Now Lady Gaga, Christine Aguilara, and some of the others I can toss off, but the sort of pseudo hard core ganster rap/r&b end of it is just weird. Vigilantcitizen has a very good website on this and it concludes a lot of architectural monuments too. Check out the Israeli supreme court and try and tell me there's not more to this than it appears, as well as a few of the sections on hip hop stars and police state/mason/illuminati connections. And most of all the sections on Hollywood and the Illuminati symbols.

vigilantcitizen.com...

The mind control and Hollywood section is a good place to start and the Israeli supreme court will blow your mind.

Anyway, the key to controlling America is to keep people asleep and the media would a prime place to look for who and why and how this gets done.
This is a lot like Brave New world and Huxley's various statements in there that put our the idea that the way to control people is to condition them to the idea that they're happy in their enslavement.

Like I said, I'm not big into the Illuminati idea, but the more I see the harder it is that if they don't exist as they've been mythologized, they exist de-facto more and more in the consolidation of elites from various quarters and corners of this society.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Great info on the lies - now tell me how do we find the truth?

Isn't the truth the opposite of the lie? If you think about all the lies and what the opposite must be, you have to wonder why we've all been willing to allow these things to happen - and to continue to happen. Shouldn't we all be a little more furious than just sitting here blowing hot air on a consipracy forum?

If you're like me, I'll wait til the midterm elections come and go, and hopefully the democrats will lose the majority and Obama will be rendered impotent save for his veto pen. Then in '12 we can get some more tea party-minded candidates in congress and get things turned around in the people's favor (and let me remind you that the tea party does not consist of only Republicans, for those of you who gleefully gargle the MSM koolaid that's served up in mass quantity).

If nothing changes then, I'd say it's in the hands of the people at that point in our nation's history. If we can't find people willing to represent us and do the job we want done, then we'll have to do it ourselves. Definitely a last resort, but the option is on the table, as the warmongers say.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostpigeon

Forgot to add George Orwell's Ministry of Truth in the above post:
"War is Peace," "Freedom is Slavery," "Ignorance is Strength."

And I forgot to note the subtitle of vigilantcitizen.com is "symbols, not words or laws rule the world."

I think my summer reading list is not going to be: C. Wright Mills, The Power Elite, Huxley's Brave New World, Orwell's 1984 and Bacevich's The Limits of Power: an end to American Exceptionalism. We have a close out coming on installing the MIC full blown and in our face going on and people aren't resisting. We need to understand why.

www.americanrhetoric.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
fair play to you.what you said and how you said it should be printed on t shirts.i cant praise you more than that.im sick of all the lies and cover ups.but as this way of thinking gathers pace i cant help thinking tptb have got a plan for people like us.they must know we are winning,but winning is nothing,won is everything.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I'm not in the Tea Party and many of the ideas are counter to mine, but many coincide too. As somewhat who tends more toward the Marxist end of the spectrum, I feel like we need a strong libertarian/old-style conservative voice in this country to counter the tendency for all marxist states to drift or flat out establish themselves as a totalitarian government. I do believe the government, if it is truly built on democratic principles and can develop a cooperative consensus is capable of doing good for its citizens and providing help for both those who most need it, but also for society as a whole: think the highway system if you want and example - benefits both the capitalists and the workers in more ways than I can count. The social glue, however, has to be in a commonly agreed upon set of values that leaves room for dissent, but also helps by and large bind us together. We don't do the balance thing so well. You'd be surprised, however, how much flak I draw from the left liberal end of things on HuffPost for defending the Tea Party. A walking contradiction in terms I guess.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Truth=We know nothing.

There is only perception, and you control your own perception of the world.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You can not trust anybody! Two to one, if you live in suburbia, one or more of your neighbors are most likely a member of some stupid secret society, whos sole purpose is to take from you. To leave you stranded and alone, with only the government they work for to turn to. Good luck, with the rest of your life.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
S+F

They are so used to lying that they do not even know what the truth is anymore.

I'm sure these liars get what they deserve. Very soon.

- mrMasterJoe

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostpigeon

I'm not in the Tea Party and many of the ideas are counter to mine, but many coincide too. As somewhat who tends more toward the Marxist end of the spectrum, I feel like we need a strong libertarian/old-style conservative voice in this country to counter the tendency for all marxist states to drift or flat out establish themselves as a totalitarian government. I do believe the government, if it is truly built on democratic principles and can develop a cooperative consensus is capable of doing good for its citizens and providing help for both those who most need it, but also for society as a whole: think the highway system if you want and example - benefits both the capitalists and the workers in more ways than I can count. The social glue, however, has to be in a commonly agreed upon set of values that leaves room for dissent, but also helps by and large bind us together. We don't do the balance thing so well. You'd be surprised, however, how much flak I draw from the left liberal end of things on HuffPost for defending the Tea Party. A walking contradiction in terms I guess.

In agreement here for the most part. I am not a liberal or a conservative by definition. Some of my opinions are very conservative, some could be considered liberal, most are somewhere in the middle. I don't believe that government should have zero role in people's lives. I mean, we need traffic signals so we don't crash our cars, how would we expect to operate the financial industry, for example, without some kind of regulation?

It's also interesting what you say about social glue, and I think you've defined why illegal immigration is such a big issue. The divisive nature of illegal immigration is dissolving that glue and allowing multiple cultures to exist where there really should be only one. Illegals don't learn English. They refuse to assimilate, and by that I don't mean that they need to completely abandon their heritage, they just need to become Americans in that intangible way that makes them recognizable to others as Americans.

Even as this culture is the most diverse on the planet, we should all still have a common language, and a common goal that we should agree upon.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If everything seems to be a lie then maybe you have to take into account those whom you are getting the "truths" veiwpoints. Maybe try and look into some other ideas because, unlike what most claim here, every major event is not some global conspiracy for your mind and freedom. It would actually be crazy to even assert such a notion. Paranoia runs rampant in these hills!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
To all the people who claim to be looking for truth....

Truth is relative, it all depends on your frame of reference. For the corporate overlord profit is the frame, to the hippy it's fields, grass and an open mind. The people who are lying to us are often unaware they're doing it because to them it's the truth, they're unaware it's possible to see things from a different frame.

Then again, I could be talking utter drivel.

There are clearly lots of lying b%$£@^!s in the world, but unless you're perfect you're one of them, it's just a question of the size of the lie. My lies are rare and small.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwinwright
Are any powerful and/or influential people telling the truth, the whole truth?

Who can you trust? I think the answer is nobody.

Since the majority of what you have posted is based upon personal opinion, I will not confront where my particular disagreements stand. When it comes to a few of those cases you provided, I humbly disagree with practically everything you just said. I will address those last few lines, which are based upon a certain logical 'truth'.

Are there any powerful individuals telling the truth?
Yes. If you pay attention to what people say, about any subject, you will find that they are straightforward admitting their crimes, mistakes, or philosophies. Since you cannot stop them from taking such course of action, they have no problem with advertising their actions.

Who can you trust?
As you have pointed out in your post, there is really no one you can trust.

I like the logic behind your thread, so I will present the question you should be asking --

Are there any powerful people in the world who are ethical?
Yes. Even though people have found easier means to obtain wealth, that does not mean they committed fraud to obtain such luxuries. If we go by what armature bloggers and media outlets tell us, every rich man and woman in the world obtained their success from committing some type of crime.

I suggest you ignore popular generalization, and approach each case with the logic of providing everyone with the 'benefit of the doubt'. Approach each case as if everyone is telling you a story, which is true based upon how they are positioned. Societal station does not mean someone is unethical.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Section31]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I believe capatalism and greed are the problems. If a lie can make money they will tell it. What can we do? Communism doesn't work, as greed soon seeps in there too. The 5 year plans and the workers doing them end up answering to a higher power who has more wealth than the rest, which is the reason for a revolution in the first place.

I have thought long and hard what can really be done, for the whole of society to be changed. And as of yet, i have no answer available.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the response and I don't consider myself - and you probably think the more or less the same - as 'middle of the road" but in the middle of the road sometimes anyway, which means dodging cars on both sides a lot!

But i have to disagree on the immigrant issue. I actually teach a college course on race and immigration and the idea that immigrants don't learn the language is really only true for a portion of the first generation - Italians are a good example. By the second generation they groove into the language. As far as assimilation, it's both the strength and weakness of this country that we have so many immigrant populations. Jefferson viewed it something that would constantly reinvigorate us with new ideas; Franklin hated German Immigrants especially and thought it would destroy the English language if they kept coming. I don't think we need worry about that, but on the other hand, having Sinaloa/Zeta gang wars spill over the border is a real problem for sure. This should all be on another thread so I'll drop it, but just wanted to thank you for your feedback and say I agree with a lot of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If everything is a lie, doesn't that mean that this post is a lie also? Which would mean that, since this post lies, not everything is a lie! Which might mean that this post isn't a lie!! It's all just one big paradoxical circle!!! How can we go on??!?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think my poem is appropriate here;

OBSERVE...
Learn ...in life...
People would just soon
Kill you with a knife-

Stab you in the back-
Rape your mind... your wife.

Use and abuse you,
Set up and accuse you.

BEWARE …
The evil that surrounds you:
It is a snare.
It bites and tears.

Destroys... annoys...
Steals your happiness – your joy.

The IMPOSTER...
Poses...

To fool and deceive,

Act cool and web weave...

The SCHEME...
the false dream...----

Things are NOT what they seem.
--------------------------------------------------
S-Lou : March 2001

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
I believe capitalism and greed are the problems. If a lie can make money they will tell it. What can we do? Communism doesn't work, as greed soon seeps in there too. The 5 year plans and the workers doing them end up answering to a higher power who has more wealth than the rest, which is the reason for a revolution in the first place.

Hmmm... Is capitalism responsible for greedy people, or are people greedy to begin with? Do we blame the open market for unethical human behavior, or do we blame the individual for the lack of restraint?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Section31]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join