It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah says it has list of targets in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Hezbollah says it has list of targets in Israel

www.google.com

BEIRUT — A senior official with the militant Hezbollah group said Sunday they have a list of military targets inside Israel to strike in any future war.

Hezbollah commander in south Lebanon, Sheik Nabil Kaouk, made his comments in response to Wednesday's release by Israel's military of maps and aerial photographs of what it described as a network of Hezbollah weapons depots and command centers in south Lebanon.

The Israeli material included detailed maps and 3-D simulations showing individual buildings that the military said were rocket storehouses. Some were said to be located close
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com
www.haaretz.com< br />
Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Operation Cage: a case study in Israeli false flag tactics

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think it is stupid for Hezbollah to make a threat like this to Israel right now. Israel is looking for any reason to start a major conflict. There has even been accusations of Israel using false flag operations in the past. I think Hezbollah needs to walk on egg shells right now, even though they shouldn't have to. It would be terrible to see the loss of life inflicted by Israel if Hezbollah were to "start a war"

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ture, but it is pointless posturing anyway. Of Course they have a list of targets. That's what militaries do. I am pretty certain we can find a list like this somewhere in the pentagon in the event of a future war with Great Britain or Isreal or something.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Good....

Maybe then Israhell will keep there noses inside their own borders and stop jacking the world off in the name of " gods children"!

S&F by the way

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'd be willing to bet that Israel has a similar list of targets against X, Y, or Z too. I'm sure they know exactly where all of Iran's nuclear sites to strike should they decide to do that and a list and maps and models of all their key infrastructure to strike in any future war. All countries do.

I guess the news here is that someone in some official capacity stated what everyone should know. And due to the tenseness and recent heat of the situation in the Middle East and who he mentioned, this makes it somehow newsworthy. Anything to fuel the fire.

See? From 2007...see section IV. Link

[edit on 7/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah, I think most people are aware that most militaries have lists of other countries military targets. I just thought it was interesting that someone had to publicly acknowledge this. Why even bring it up? Like you said Lucidity, it only adds fuel to the fire.

Next move: Israel

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Hope I didn't come off as dismissing this in some way. I'm not.

Stories like this come along now and then, year after year, and they're important to read and watch for a few reasons. Like the pattern that Hezbollah won't be in the news for months or years, yet when things there start heating up all of a sudden there's a push on them.

This could be to add fuel to the fire and it could be that, of course, when things are heating up, every little things that's related to the situation is covered...the media focuses on it just like we do. But aside from this, I think there are patterns that are important to watch for and track.

Like you said...next move Israel. Back and forth it goes. It's about time for Chavez to notice that troops are heading his way and for those stories to break. Or for some stories on missing nukes that can be traced to Iran somehow. I think that's about all that's missing this news cycle.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Based off of what I know about the military, and they run pretty much the same, it is not surprising that they all have lists of targets, probably against many different countries in the area, including allies.
What I believe that is going on, is to prevent any conflict, and a bit of sabre rattling, to get one side to back down. They are also tipping their hand, by stating that they have sources and spys in the Israelie military and upper levels where the items would be kept.
If I was running the Israelie military, first thing to do would be to look, think, then act. Look at what information is being provided, then think about who all would have access to such, then remove those individuals, along with coming up with new plans on such.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah, I think most people are aware that most militaries have lists of other countries military targets. I just thought it was interesting that someone had to publicly acknowledge this. Why even bring it up? Like you said Lucidity, it only adds fuel to the fire.

Next move: Israel

It's not so much a strategic or diplomatic maneuver, but an act of deterrence. Israel has been gearing up for war lately. Syria, Lebanon and Iran are linked together and are collectively feeling like they are in the crosshairs. Saying they have targets in Israel is their way of saying "We're scared ****less of you, but if you attack us, we'll certainly fight back."

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

"made his comments ~ in response to ~ Wednesday's release by Israel's military of maps and aerial photographs of what it described as a network of Hezbollah weapons depots and command centers in south Lebanon. "

Please note:
IN RESPONSE TO...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I understand that this is a response to Israel. At this point this is just the opening moves in a chess match. Now it will be Israels move.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Deterrence more than threat. Defense more than offense? Yes, I'd agree.

I think Lebanon is very worried about the heating up. Syria too. And who can blame them, look what happened to both of them last time this cycle was at full warp.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

With statments like that... I am going to assume your avatar is a picture of you as a child.. Did you ever get that baby ruth?

So Israel should start being complacent? I agree .. It is their own fault that they are in the position they are in... But with the situation at hand.. They have to be the most diligent of any country right now..

Every country around them, if they thought they could.. would love to destroy Israel.. A good majority of the population of Israel's Allies.. Are seeing them as the agressor now..

Israel is in trouble.. and everyone knows what happens when you back a Wolverine in a corner..... He launches nukes....

Which , might I add.. I am all for.. Middle east needs a summer cleaning!!!
Dont call me a zionist... I am for Israel getting a ass whoopin too.. I just dont see any players over there that stand a chance!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Cool.
I think that Hezbolla proved the last time the Israelis sent a couple of stooges across the border, then claimed that they were kidnapped, that Israel doesn't have what it takes to handle multiple fronts let alone one front...with out going Nuclear

It appears to me that Israel is being set up - by it's own masters.
IMHO of course...
Gotta have that "burnt offering" for real for their prophesies to come true for real

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Danbones]

new topics

top topics

join